• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
clearly Cleveland threw away its gameplan for "Boston without a midget at PG" at the half. now they just have to fish that out of the trash can alongside LeBron and they'll be just fine for 4 and 5

spyder_ur

Celtics fans really gonna do this, after sucking his dick for an entire season?

Would you really be saying that if the Cavs won by 40 tonight?

No, Celtics fans are not, idiots are. Isaiah was incredible, downright inspiring, all season long and through the playoffs. There is nothing to support him quitting on the team, absolutely no evidence.

I'm not surprised they got some energy tonight and looked a bit different, though I'm surprised they won. What an incredible effort.

At least we have a competitive series now, but I think cavs are gonna lose game 4 too. This shit is going to 6. Toronto did the same shit to 'em last year.

Tall4Life

IT is absolutely not a quitter, injuries happen and they fucking suck. I am greatly surprised that we could win without him though, it's pretty interesting. But IT is not at fault

Along with a hundred assists and rebounds.
funny-cute-animated-pug-gif-20.gif

Good fight from the Celtics, that final shot was quite lucky but they deserved the win on this one, but I'm also glad the Cavs got this slap on the face now and not on the finals. They better come out with fury on game 4.

IT not being there really allowed the Celtics to not have to send help on defense for whoever he was checking. His defensive liabilities were outweighing his offensive contributions after game 2 of last series.

spyder_ur

The Celts did this while enjoying a silly 36-12 free throw discrepancy in favor of the Cavs AND with the Cavs shooting 41% from 3. I don't understand how, but incredible effort.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
IT is absolutely not a quitter, injuries happen and they fucking suck. I am greatly surprised that we could win without him though, it's pretty interesting. But IT is not at fault

Look he's not a straight up quitter, but he takes a lot of plays off when things aren't going right. Sloppy turnovers or half assed "defense" when teams are on a run. He's done a ton of that this series and he's done a ton of forced offense. The Cavs went up 20 but the Celts kept strong, those are the situations where IT will bark at refs or half ass it to try to shoot his way back in.

Tall4Life

IT not being there really allowed the Celtics to not have to send help on defense for whoever he was checking. His defensive liabilities were outweighing his offensive contributions after game 2 of last series.

We're also maybe able to run our system more effectively without IT, because our main goal is to get open and make 3's, while IT tends to force shots and drive without caution. We doubled down on our system and coaching and we pulled it off

The Celts did this while enjoying a silly 36-12 free throw discrepancy in favor of the Cavs AND with the Cavs shooting 41% from 3. I don't understand how, but incredible effort.

how:

1) LeBron with as many turnovers as assists (and more turnovers than field goals)
2) the Cavs as a team going 2/17 from 3 in the second half
3) the entire bench combined for 9 points on 3/14 shooting
4) Marcus Smart randomly catching fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom