• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
cc1740bs7.png

i hate LeBron for this because it means Kevin Love's streak of not losing an Eastern Conference playoff game played in the United States is finally over

unless we can get Canada to retroactively annex northeast Ohio

that means they'd have two teams to root for! help me out here, Trudeau

That was pretty awesome, I was watching at my girlfriend's and once they started getting back from that 21 hole I knew it was on. When Bradley shot somehow dropped I went crazy and nearly pulled a muscle running around like an imbecile.

WOOO

beat

someone still needs to explain that meme to me because I think I missed the bus on it

Fan brought a toaster for Dray and Klay to sign. It went viral because Klay made a confused face looking at it.

Since then, the Warriors have won every game except one, but Klay was DNP-rest for that game, so ... #ToasterSZN

Also, hot taking really hard here, but maybe the Cavs peaked too soon? They didn't play a bad game at all, but they just didn't have that same unbeatable vibe going on.

Tall4Life

Also, hot taking really hard here, but maybe the Cavs peaked too soon? They didn't play a bad game at all, but they just didn't have that same unbeatable vibe going on.

No, they got a bit cocky and eased the gas. If they end up going to face the Warriors in the Finals it's good for them to lose now, it's a reality check.

No, they got a bit cocky and eased the gas. If they end up going to face the Warriors in the Finals it's good for them to lose now, it's a reality check.

That didn't look like easing the gas, ridiculous shots just stopped dropping and their defense looked exploitable as it has always been.

At least they got their one game in before LeBron goes Ham the next two games.

Well this is a guarantee. This Celtics squad has no business holding LBJ to 11 points. Which leads me back to the conversation in another thread where people who never saw MJ play called James a better player.

Consistency is what separates MJ from everyone else. Sure Michael had some stinkers as well, but 11 points? Against a team like this? Unacceptable. It's like the Dallas series all over again, although just one game.

Fjordson

People on twitter are saying Cleveland came out pre-game to the Monstar theme?? Lmao.

I'm just imagining twitter if the Warriors did that. Haters would be rioting in the streets.

Mortemis

Banned
People on twitter are saying Cleveland came out pre-game to the Monstar theme?? Lmao.

I'm just imagining twitter if the Warriors did that. Haters would be rioting in the streets.

I wish they would.

Also have Steph hit threes from half court when the game is already done. Go full villain please.

TNT was showing Lebron pissed off about his warm up shooting at some point during the game, it definitely translated over to the actual game also.

congrats Celtics-GAF incredible win, this isn't similar to Raptors last year at all. No comparison. Raptors are a joke when playing Cavs at home.

Horford won a ECF finals game.
I thought the dude was gonna go 0-8 with the sweep.
1-6

ViciousDS

Banned
Tonight just told me one thing

Celtics are taking fultz and IT is gone/sign and trade for more players. IT could be worth a lot to the right buyer

Celtics are taking fultz and IT is gone/sign and trade for more players. IT could be worth a lot to the right buyer

Maybe. Though I don't know if it's fair to judge his value off one game where he didn't play and the backup hits seven or eight 3's as if that could be his usual production.

One of the many things that turns me off about this team.

LBJ will answer any question that media throws at his way after a loss. Just kidding. He will either go hiding or lash out at a reporter. He doesn't like controversy one bit.

Lebron teams have always muddled the line between normal anger and unsportsmanlike behavior. It's natural because he's a very competitive guy, but it leads to random acts of douchebaggery.

That's a bad excuse. MJ was competitive and a complete douche, but he could keep his mouth shut and stay classy in post game interviews. It's not that difficult. One of the most frustrating things about LBJ is his sensitivity to controversy. Lead against Dallas and make fun of Dirk because of the flu? Funny. Someone asks about it after the game when they lose? Not funny, don't know what you are talking about.

Easy to be the King when you win by 40. Yet can't handle himself when something goes wrong.

FZZ

Banned
Lonzo Ball (if our FO is smart and picks him) will lead the Lakers to the 4th seed next year

Lakers gonna meet Celtics in the Finals within the next 4 seasons

bank on it brehs

Gigglepoo

I agree with everything except that last part. I doubt the Celtics could get a lot for IT. Too short, too old, too expensive.

FZZ

Banned
and you know the outcome, too

boston's 18th championship :)

Zo gonna drop a 3 point buzzer beater over Fultz and win the chip

LA will collectively riot so hard boston will feel the effects and you guys are gonna lose two championships because of that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom