• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

FZZ

Banned
LeBron haters are why Lonzo gonna be he face of the league in a few years

Zo gonna lead the Lakers back to the golden age brehs

Pro sports isn't about what could have been, it's about what you did.
You may think that he would have been a good NFL QB "if he cared", but there's no basis for that.
He's still young and teams would give him another chance at the qb position based on potential and "what they think he could be". But there's other underlying issues with him. Again agree to diasagree buddy. Not even a Manziel fan anymore, but I think he did have the talent.
NFL teams give lots of players chances on what they think they can be. Browns weren't even the only team trying to get Manziel.

Teams even surprisingly talked to him during the offseason

RootCause

If you think last year was a snooze fest, then I don't know what the hell you'd consider entertaining. The story lines like LeBron winning one for "The Land" to GSW breaking the Bulls regular season record and trying to complete it with a championship. Then the Draymond suspension controversy that initiated the Cavs' 1-3 comeback that came down to the last minute of game 7, and required LeBron to put on arguably the greatest Finals performance of all-time. And seeing him emotionally break down on the court after the final buzzer. That Finals was amazing!

I said the finals, not the regular season, or the series that led up to the finals. Competitive games, that's what I want. The fist six games of the finals were as boring as it gets. Second worst I've seen, since the Spurs beatdown of the Heat a couple of years ago.

The story lines are fine, but I want the games to entertain me, not the story lines.

Tom Penny

He's still young and teams would give him another chance at the qb position based on potential and "what they think he could be". But there's other underlying issues with him. Again agree to diasagree buddy. Not even a Manziel fan anymore, but I think he did have the talent.
NFL teams give lots of players chances on what they think they can be. Browns weren't even the only team trying to get Manziel.

Teams even surprisingly talked to him during the offseason

Physical talent at the NFL QB level doesn't mean much. There is a baseline but If you don't have work ethic you will get eaten alive. Your're not going to out throw and outrun defenses and you aren't going to fool your teammates into believing in you leading them because you have talent.

Physical talent at the NFL QB level doesn't mean much. There is a baseline but If you don't have work ethic you will get eaten alive. Your're not going to out throw and outrun defenses and you aren't going to fool your teammates into believing in you leading them because you have talent.
Yes that's what I said..... he didn't give a lick...

Fjordson

Lebron can come off as a real asshole, but that doesn't make him a bad guy. Everyone has days where you just wake up annoyed with everything and you're in a bad mood.

Hopefully the NBA will approve this for Curry
hqdefault.jpg

Lebron can come off as a real asshole, but that doesn't make him a bad guy. Everyone has days where you just wake up annoyed with everything and you're in a bad mood.

I dislike Lebron as much as anyone because of his on court persona, but I think he's a genuine nice guy and I don't think we've seen any indication to the contrary.

legend166

I mean, I think the vast majority of highly paid and worshiped professional athletes are going to be a bit of a jerk on the regular scale. It would be incredibly difficult to stay grounded. But on the professional athlete jerk scale, LeBron seems like a a decent guy. Certainly nothing like Jordan who was a legit sociopath.

Jordan, Kobe and Lebron are assholes for different reasons. But Jordan was probably the biggest batshit crazy dude of them all, yet somehow I think he was the most likable of the three if that makes any sense.

To paraphrase Simmons in his Big Book of Basketball.." Kobe wants to be the greatest, Lebron wants to be the most revered. Jordan just wanted to win."

Trey

To paraphrase Simmons in his Big Book of Basketball.." Kobe wants to be the greatest, Lebron wants to be the most revered. Jordan just wanted to win."

Kobe never struck me as wanting to be the greatest. His single minded devotion to not only winning, but absolutely dominating his opponent, is the most jordanesque trait I've seen in any ball player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom