• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanphare

Banned
is this real?

"I spoil a lot of people with my play," James told ESPN.com, when discussing the booing from the Cleveland fans during Tuesday's 120-88 loss to Boston. "When you have a bad game here or there, you've had three bad games in a seven-year career, then it's easy to point that out. I put a lot of pressure on myself to be out there and be the best player on the court, and when I'm not, I feel bad for myself because I'm not going out there and doing the things I can do," he explained. "But I don't hang my head low or make any excuses about anything that may be going on, because that's not the type of player or person I am."

I forgot about that. it's easy to forget how much of a diva lebron can be when you just watch the games.

lol, is this real?

Yeah.

LeBron James' ugly night against the Boston Celtics in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals, which included no points in the fourth quarter of a 3-point loss, got even worse after the game when he got into a confrontation with a heckling fan and later scolded a Cleveland-area reporter during the post-game press conference.

The incident with the fan came as LeBron was walking down a hallway towards the media session. According to an Associated Press report, the fan scolded James for scoring just 11 points. James then turned around and asked the fan to repeat himself.

According to Brian Windhorst of ESPN, James then asked the fan what he had ever done. The fan replied that he had played college basketball at Hiram College, a private liberal arts college whose athletic teams participate in NCAA Division III.

spyder_ur

I forgot about that. it's easy to forget how much of a diva lebron can be when you just watch the games.

It's not that hard to remember. I respect LeBron as a player about as much as anyone I've ever watched, but I could leave the rest of it behind.

The treatment of the refs is just amazing. Count how many times he claps or demonstrates dramatically within a few feet of the ref. In one of these games, during a time out they showed him grabbing the refs together to discuss something. That along with his historically low defensive foul % (especially considering how physical he is)

I guess it works - the Cavs shot 24 more free throws than the Celtics. That along with his historically low defensive foul % (especially considering how physical he is), it's clear he's mastered that part of the game (and unfortunately it is part of the game). I was sure the Celtics were going to lose that game yesterday when the refs put the Cavs in the penalty with 9 minutes left on ticky tack stuff. Thought it would haunt them; luckily the Cavs settled for jumpers down the stretch.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It's not that hard to remember. I respect LeBron as a player about as much as anyone I've ever watched, but I could leave the rest of it behind.

The treatment of the refs is just amazing. Count how many times he claps or demonstrates dramatically within a few feet of the ref. In one of these games, during a time out they showed him grabbing the refs together to discuss something.

I guess it works - the Cavs shot 24 more free throws than the Celtics. I was sure the Celtics were going to lose that game yesterday when the refs put the Cavs in the penalty with 9 minutes left on ticky tack stuff. Thought it would haunt them; luckily the Cavs settled for jumpers down the stretch.

It's amazing how close wade and lebron get to hitting the refs faces with those claps and other bitching motions

phanphare

Banned

good lord that's embarrassing

it would have been even funnier if the fan was a surgeon or something

The treatment of the refs is just amazing. Count how many times he claps or demonstrates dramatically within a few feet of the ref. In one of these games, during a time out they showed him grabbing the refs together to discuss something. That along with his historically low defensive foul % (especially considering how physical he is)

I guess it works - the Cavs shot 24 more free throws than the Celtics. That along with his historically low defensive foul % (especially considering how physical he is), it's clear he's mastered that part of the game (and unfortunately it is part of the game). I was sure the Celtics were going to lose that game yesterday when the refs put the Cavs in the penalty with 9 minutes left on ticky tack stuff. Thought it would haunt them; luckily the Cavs settled for jumpers down the stretch.

yeah it will never not annoy the fuck out of me when lebron quits on getting back on defense to bitch at a ref

spyder_ur

So the Celts might as well start Jonas next game right? Jerebko is actually a pretty strong rebounder and tough player, and he gives them spacing.

There's the added benefit that he made like half the Cavs look like bitches yesterday. That guy was getting into it with EVERYONE. Some pent-up energy I guess.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So the Celts might as well start Jonas next game right? Jerebko is actually a pretty strong rebounder and tough player, and he gives them spacing.

There's the added benefit that he made like half the Cavs look like bitches yesterday. That guy was getting into it with EVERYONE. Some pent-up energy I guess.

I don't really understand why he hasn't played at all. He's been pretty lousy since the facemask went on and even after it came off he still sucked, but he was one of their best plus minus guys off the bench.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

Loved that guys attitude yesterday. Give the man minutes Brad.

Sanjuro

I still can't believe this is happening.

The NBA narratives change so fast. We are already discussing what we can get for IT. Hah

J2 Cool

You could make an amazing highlight reel of Lebron working the refs these playoffs. Gesturing after his called travels, touching refs hip, pulling them aside

Tom Penny

Bird must be in awe watching the Swedish version of himself.

Surfinn

Lol the Cavs lose ONE game after what.. 11 straight, and people start freaking out. LeBron had a bad game, it happens. It wasn't a deciding game or that important. Man if the warriors lose tonight civil war is gunna break loose

Me unless we get back Lue. Replace a great coach with another. Win win.

Is Lue a great coach though? He has the Cavs playing in a very high level and his work in the last Finals was stellar, but while the ball movement improved drastically their defense still has many holes. I like him, but I still don't feel too comfortable putting him in the elite tier that Stevens clearly is in.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Is Lue a great coach though? He has the Cavs playing in a very high level and his work in the last Finals was stellar, but while the ball movement improved drastically their defense still has many holes. I like him, but I still don't feel too comfortable putting him in the elite tier that Stevens clearly is in.
I think he's done a good job with them considering other than Lebron and Tristan all of their rotation players are either old, fragile, or both. Has them peaking at the right time (Lebron's head scratching game last night notwithstanding).

phanphare

Banned

he's no david blatt but he's pretty good

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Spo was and is clearly the better coach. He's heads and shoulders above anyone else who's been Bron's main coach.

Jarate

Banned
Lebron is just kind of a petty bitch. MJ was kind of a massive asshole, same with Kobe etc etc etc.

Most superstars are huge pricks. There's no correlation towards being a good person and playing basketball well.

Spo was and is clearly the better coach. He's heads and shoulders above anyone else who's been Bron's main coach.

Agreed, Spo is one of the 5 best coaches in the league and he has done a tremendous job with the Heat even after the big 3 departure. It's funny how much shit he got early on (remember people saying Riley would go back to coach the team?). Lebron teams usually have their coach under such a heavy scrutiny goddamn.

he's no david blatt but he's pretty good

I really feel Blatt would be one of the best assistant coaches in the NBA, he got shafted out of the league.

Fjordson

Jerebko impressed me last night. Can shoot, switched decently on defense and was willing to mix it up with anyone on Cleveland. Has he always been that solid or was that a freak occurrence game?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Jerebko impressed me last night. Can shoot, switched decently on defense and was willing to mix it up with anyone on Cleveland. Has he always been that solid or was that a freak occurrence game?

Prior to the injury to his face he was actually a damn solid player off the bench. decent shooter, good defense, good rebounder comparitively, plays tough. Again I was surprised at his lack of use in the post season given how much run he got in the regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom