• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

7 straight finals is absolutely ridiculous.

LoL . They have to replace like 5-6 guys to be a really good team. I'll be generous and say their roster has 3 top 100 players on it..one in the top 25

Then they did pretty well.

I mean we're all disappointed with both their effort and performance, but this is silly. By all measures they're already a really good team. Not championship level of course, but really good.

Meaningless metric, but IT Bradley Horford and Crowder are all easily among the top 100 players in the NBA.

rando14

1f914.png
Hmmm who do I root for in the finals, on the one hand I am a huge fan of Lebond BUT on the other hand, My Boy Kevin Durant aka The Last Sonic, I am a huge fan of his too!!

My Warrior vs My Chavs....

jman2050

All I know is that no matter who wins game 1 it'll just be wall-to-wall hot takes about the losing team being fraudulent and done for good.

Gorillaz

I have seen the Claws commercial so many times that Im actually going to watch this preview

The guy who played walt's brother in law from breaking bad is in this. He's phoning it in so well in the commercial that I need to see this for myself

Mortemis

Banned
1f914.png
Hmmm who do I root for in the finals, on the one hand I am a huge fan of Lebond BUT on the other hand, My Boy Kevin Durant aka The Last Sonic, I am a huge fan of his too!!

My Warrior vs My Chavs....

This sonics thing sounds cool. What is it?
:(

Same for me, I'm happy with whoever wins, just want some fun

Tom Penny

7 straight finals is absolutely ridiculous.

Then they did pretty well.

I mean we're all disappointed with both their effort and performance, but this is silly. By all measures they're already a really good team. Not championship level of course, but really good.

Meaningless metric, but IT Bradley Horford and Crowder are all easily among the top 100 players in the NBA.

They aren't close to a title. They are literally two top 20 players away from that discussion. and they won't just magically appear on the roster.

spyder_ur

I wouldn't be opposed to hanging onto Green. Zeller, Amir and Young are definitely gone. I think dropping Young could bite us in the ass, but not any year soon. Olynyk was hot and cold. Tonight he was so cold that I thought he was trying to throw the game.

Zizic is definitely coming up. Yabusele has some injuries to work through. He'll be called up at some point. I don't think he'll be stashed overseas.

At some point we need some clarity on the guard situation. I like every single one of them. That's the problem.

Anyhow, good luck to the Cavs. I'd prefer they win over the Warriors. That Zaza play still bothers me.

I just don't think there's room for any of the first 4. If the market dries up for all of those guys, then sure they could come back for the minimum or something, but Zeller and Johnson at least will certainly get more than that.

Was disappointed that Yabu got hurt. Honestly I think he could've been a star of summer league - would've been a major fan favorite. I'm more confident on Zizic being on the roster next year then Yabu.

They have decisions to make on the guards, I agree. They don't have to make those right now, though.

They aren't close to a title. They are literally two top 20 players away from that discussion. and they won't just magically appear on the roster.

They're closer than maybe 25 teams in the league, and they have more assets and flexibility to move towards that goal than any other team in the league not named the Warriors Spurs and Cavs.

They don't magically appear. That's why you acquire high draft picks, preserve cap space, and develop your players.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I was thinking about this watching the game and up until now I thought they needed to trade one of Smart or Bradley. Right now I think Danny should move on from both. Bradley will never be consistent enough and Smart will never not be a black hole on offense for more than a game. Even Bradley's defense on Kyrie sucked ass this series.

The main need other than a scoring wing is a stout big. Seriously, the kind of "defense" they played for long stretches against the Cavs is unacceptable and they need anyone that can grab a fucking rebound. They're close, but this series exposed their flaws pretty fucking hard.

I kept holding on hope for Marcus but I let that go officially around mid season. I do like how hard he plays and he's legit on D unlike AB, but he's a disaster offensively, one of the worst in the league on that side. It really might be best to move on from both who knows. I'm definitely done with avery though. If he was as good as the hype on D he'd be worth it, but he's really not that guy at all.

Cornbread78

We should have just skipped the regular season to get here. And guess what.. Unless Durant leaves or Bron drops during the season, it's going to be the same outcome/finals next year, lol.

Brinbe

Exact same situation as the Raps and every semi-contender in the league. It's simply hard to match up with a Dubs team featuring 4 Allstars (with a deep bench) and a Cavs team with 3 superstars, one of whom is the best player in the association (plus a deep bench). It's borderline unfair in the age of parity, but credit to the two teams for putting those rosters together.

The Celtics do have the best chance of elevating to that level, just by virtue of their assets, but they have to nail every pick and trade from now on and that's just not realistic.

We should have just skipped the regular season to get here. And guess what.. Unless Durant leaves or Bron drops during the season, it's going to be the same outcome/finals next year

There's a good chance this is the finals we see for a few more years. Unless LeBron somehow turns into a human at some point.

We should have just skipped the regular season to get here. And guess what.. Unless Durant leaves or Bron drops during the season, it's going to be the same outcome/finals next year

A healthy spurs will challenge the warriors next year. Kawhi will have his MVP season next year.

Even without Durant though this is the likely finals next year.

Cornbread78

There's a good chance this is the finals we see for a few more years. Unless LeBron somehow turns into a human at some point.

Probably, but we have to wait and see what GS does with all those contracts coming up the next couple years after Steph and Durant are done. Thompson and ball puncher are gonna wanna get paid as well.

First in history...

...since the last time it happened!

This is the first time in history that the Warriors and Cavs are meeting in the finals.

Excluding the last 100 years of human history of course.

Probably, but we have to wait and see what GS does with all those contracts coming up the next couple years after Steph and Durant are done. Thompson and ball puncher are gonna wanna get paid as well.

I'd be surprised if the wieners that own the Warriors don't pay up for those guys. Even if they somehow decide that'll be too expensive I think they could easily move Klay for some good assets.

megalowho

I kept holding on hope for Marcus but I let that go officially around mid season. I do like how hard he plays and he's legit on D unlike AB, but he's a disaster offensively, one of the worst in the league on that side. It really might be best to move on from both who knows. I'm definitely done with avery though. If he was as good as the hype on D he'd be worth it, but he's really not that guy at all.
I think you've got to keep at least one if your other guards are IT and Fultz. Going to get torched otherwise. Would lean towards AB for the two way game and win now experience, Smarts defense is game changing but so is the shot selection.

Duxxy3

I was impressed with Rozier in this series. They've also got Demetrius Jackson stashed away somewhere.

If Bradley and Smart have hit their ceiling, I don't think both of them stick around. One will be gone. Next year, if not this year.

They need rebounding and quality scorers. If some combination of those players can help get that, then I'd do it.

spyder_ur

I was impressed with Rozier in this series. They've also got Demetrius Jackson stashed away somewhere.

If Bradley and Smart have hit their ceiling, I don't think both of them stick around. One will be gone. Next year, if not this year.

They need rebounding and quality scorers. If some combination of those players can help get that, then I'd do it.

There's really no sign that they have. Bradley gets better every single year and Smart is still on his rookie deal, though I do think his offensive development was disappointing this year. Smart is such a weird player.

This is one of the weird things about the Celtics getting so good so fast though - unrealistic expectations.

Tom Penny

There's really no sign that they have. Bradley gets better every single year and Smart is still on his rookie deal, though I do think his offensive development was disappointing this year. Smart is such a weird player.

This is one of the weird things about the Celtics getting so good so fast though - unrealistic expectations.

Definitely unrealistic to think Smart could be better than top 5 worst shooters in NBA history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom