• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost feel bad for WB, as his team really is not good, and even though he keeps trying to find someone to rely on, I see why he feels he has to just try an do it all himself.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
That game almost killed me haha

Christ Westbrick as great as he is, is a giant fucking ball hog. Talk about shitting up your team in the 4th.

Sandfox

HIs teammates being this bad is as much on Russ and Donovan. Harden and PRingles are the reason a guy like Eric Gordon came off the scrap heap to have a career season. Put him on OKC instead and he probably doesn't play as well.
Their team is poorly constructed and I haven't paid much attention to the actual schemes so I'm not in a position to blame the coach. MDA is an offensive genius though.

3lsuvqD.jpg

Is red nation ready for road-Ryno? He's hitting at least 5 3s next game

EDIT: This is on Donovan, more than anyone else. Not even a question imo

It's a chicken/egg. He's got to trust them to allow them to develop in the offense. Those last few possessions are microcosms. They've got an advantage and he's chucking up threes instead of trying to find his teammates. A season's worth of that is how you end up not trusting your teammates in a pivotal playoff game. That's why those 10+ assists per game he averaged were all smoke and mirrors.

I've seen the "if he had better teammates" argument pop up all season, but I think even past seasons has shown this isn't the case. When push comes to shove and Westbrook gets boxed into corner he goes full on "hero ball" mode, regardless of who his supporting cast as. We saw as much last year when the Warriors rallied back from the 3-1 deficit and suddenly both he and Durant stopped involving their teammates in plays.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
The Warriors defense is incredible. All the talk is about their offense but their D is what separates them from everyone else.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Russell Westbrook's 43 FGA are the most in a playoff game since Michael Jordan had 43 in Game 3 of the 1993 Finals vs. Suns (triple OT)."

haha yikes

"Russell Westbrook missed 14 shots in the 4th quarter, the most misses in any quarter in the last 20 postseasons."

but but that 50 pt trip dub is more important than W's

Russ was playing ridiculously those first 3 quarters, passing to his teammates, getting them open, getting them going, scoring efficiently, being calm as all hell, getting pat in foul trouble, etc.

Then he threw that away. But this loss is on Donovan, my fucking god he was bad

Also, did anyone find it funny how the WB really started to go hero ball after he got the triple double? So many of OKC's bad habits are getting exposed in the playoffs

lets be real with that GIF homie, aint nobody but the warriors (90%) or the cavs (10%) winning this thing.

Race for seis on hold indefinitely :(

rainz

I'm ready for rockets/harden to come out not shooting like crap next first quarter..Scares me every time that we are going to be in for a rough one. Nice to see him keep his composure and altering his play to suit though. Want to see Ryno come to play next game too would be nice...

Matrix

top trend headline on twitter

"Russell Westbrook can fill up the stat sheet but can't beat the Rockets"

No mention of the actual team haha so strange to read

ESPNs twitter is shameful

OldMan

Banned
Jedi Mcgee

Brian Scalabrine.
Yeah?

"Russell Westbrook's 43 FGA are the most in a playoff game since Michael Jordan had 43 in Game 3 of the 1993 Finals vs. Suns (triple OT)."

haha yikes

"Russell Westbrook missed 14 shots in the 4th quarter, the most misses in any quarter in the last 20 postseasons."

but but that 50 pt trip dub is more important than W's
Devil's advocate: no one around WB can shoot! When your gameplan from the GetGo is feed wb, it was painful trying to watch OKC switch to Team Mode. I guess you need a healthy balance but what do I know

mjp2417

Banned
Charles Barkley's insistence that the Warriors don't have a good defense is somehow even more insane than his insistence that jump shooting teams can't win championships.

Tommy DJ

It's crazy just how well Javale fits into this team.

You can't teach size after all.

Yeah, the Warriors are probably the perfect fit for Javale. They have a pretty encouraging team culture, they have good coaching staff and I don't imagine they're asking him to do more than what he needs to.

From memory, most of his serious Shaqtin' a Fool highlights from the Nuggets era were a result of him trying to be the next coming of Hakeem Olajuwon.

Fjordson

Chuck says GSW isn't good defensively...man TNT is such trash. Switched from the local broadcast for two minutes and I already feel dumber.

I'm ready for rockets/harden to come out not shooting like crap next first quarter..Scares me every time that we are going to be in for a rough one. Nice to see him keep his composure and altering his play to suit though. Want to see Ryno come to play next game too would be nice...

3lsuvqD.jpg

Using advanced analytics, Ryno should be shooting about 70%+ for the ~33% he lost from at home.

Nah, but seriously, he's gonna hit about 5 3s next game. This summer, we need to find out what the fuck is wrong with the Toyota Center that it screws with Ryno's shooting like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom