• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
What do you mean it got changed? You can over and back now???

it seems that only under 2 mins you can inbound and tip it to yourself into the backcourt and go over and back :|

teepo

I like this villain Wall.

tumblr_nqdxqqkRlq1ssz31uo1_400.gif

Line_HTX

Two straight wide open 3's and missed them both, like BRUH...

51/10/13 and "I don't give a fuck about the line." Kind of surprised NBA TV didn't have their dump button ready, LOL

C90u3knVwAAPaK-.jpg

it seems that only under 2 mins you can inbound and tip it to yourself into the backcourt and go over and back :|

Wow, that is just incredibly dumb. How is that even allowed, even Bullard was like that is The most basic call and the easiest to make.

HeavenlyE

Westbrook's game reminded me so much of your typical Kobe game in his later years where he'd carry the team for most of the game but is too exhausted by the end of it to hit any shots, But just like Kobe he kept on shooting lol

Can't blame em too much though with those teammates tho tbh (other than McDermott who he missed on several occasions)

https://streamable.com/08s6v

A little nitpicky, imo, but WB missing open teammates in the 4th

This was literally the difference between getting to 50 or possibly winning the game.
Enjoy the new record Russ, you'll likely have more time to admire it while watching the rest of the playoffs from home if you don't stop Westbricking it up.

I was really hoping for this series to go at least 6.
I didn't expect OKC to emerge from the 1st round, but I expected them to win at least 2 games. Would have been interesting if at least 1 of those 2 were in Houston to start the series.

J2 Cool

John Wall is straight scary. He's such a magnificent athlete, I feel like people forget, and he's hitting such a peak in his point guard play.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hawks are done. Wall is better than us, and that's that. Even if we keep it close Wall can close out games. We have Baze who also closes out games... For the other team via turnovers.

Westbrook's game reminded me so much of your typical Kobe game in his later years where he'd carry the team for most of the game but is too exhausted by the end of it to hit any shots, But just like Kobe he kept on shooting lol

Can't blame em too much though with those teammates tho tbh (other than McDermott who he missed on several occasions)
Bullshit ass statement. Any other superstar would have those guys playing a lot better than WB does. Curry and Bron in particular would have them playing a lot better. Literally every single player on that team is having a worse year than last season, and it isn't because of magic folks. It's because of how he plays.

I'm loving him getting exposed in the playoffs so far, not that I'm surprised in the slightest.

drake-13.w529.h352.gif

Ripenen

Bullshit ass statement. Any other superstar would have those guys playing a lot better than WB does. Curry and Bron in particular would have them playing a lot better. Literally every single player on that team is having a worse year than last season, and it isn't because of magic folks. It's because of how he plays.

I'm loving him getting exposed in the playoffs so far, not that I'm surprised in the slightest.

drake-13.w529.h352.gif

Watching the Warriors game right after the Thunder/Rockets it's like watching two different leagues. The way the Rockets and especially the Thunder play is just painful to watch. At least in the end the Rockets started hitting some 3s and looking like they belong out there. OKC though good god.

drake-13.w529.h352.gif

The way he played that first half was god damn impressive though. It reminded me of Harden, at the beginning of the season, where he was like "I can still score, but wracking up assists is actually pretty damn fun". WB was so locked in, so calm, playing good defense, and then I'm willing to bet Donovan's rotations led to him losing faith in his teammates at some point.

Watching the Warriors game right after the Thunder/Rockets it's like watching two different leagues. The way the Rockets and especially the Thunder play is just painful to watch. At least in the end the Rockets started hitting some 3s and looking like they belong out there. OKC though good god.

Eh, I think it's important to have games where you're playing like crap but can still put it together. Also, after the 2015 Rockets - Clippers series, and everything from last season, it's hard for games to look seriously ugly to the point of being hard to watch anymore

Now, a gif story
giphy.gif

ViyZXiE.gif

2QCrLvr.gif

Bucks and Raptors tonight is probably the biggest "must watch" game in this playoffs thus far. Too bad it's sandwiched between likely blowouts featuing bigger teams playing worse teams so not a lot of people will give a fuck.

Slizeezyc

The way he played that first half was god damn impressive though. It reminded me of Harden, at the beginning of the season, where he was like "I can still score, but wracking up assists is actually pretty damn fun". WB was so locked in, so calm, playing good defense, and then I'm willing to bet Donovan's rotations led to him losing faith in his teammates at some point.

Eh, I think it's important to have games where you're playing like crap but can still put it together. Also, after the 2015 Rockets - Clippers series, and everything from last season, it's hard for games to look seriously ugly to the point of being hard to watch anymore

Yeah, but spoilers, there's no rotation Donovan can put out there the whole 48 that's not trash on some level, especially with Oladipo playing this way. He went to a more offense-focused team in the first half with the bench and Westbrook that worked because Russ was passing and Houston was missing their shots.

Donovan tweaked his rotations from Game 1 (they were better), and he went to the more defense-focused one to end the game as that's worked alllllll year for OKC (and why Russ' usage goes even higher in the clutch) and Russ just bricked his shots while Houston made theirs. That was a pretty typical greedy Russ 4th, and I wouldn't really put that on the rotations. There was that two-minute stretch at the end of the third where Donovan didn't really have an offense or defense lineup out while Russ went to the bench. It's where Houston made that one run, but in general, Donovan made most of the proper adjustments from Game 1 to Game 2.

He and Rose.

It's what happens to guys that rely so much on athleticism in some form or another. When it goes it goes quick. Cautionary tale for whoever thinks about giving Blake Griffin a huge contract next summer. It's also what scares me about Westbrook.

Not a huge sports follower so please excuse the stupid question, but do you think really a really good shooter like Curry will experience huge diminishing returns a la Rose and Dwight. Not to say Curry is just a shooter (he can finish to the rim as well) but I'm wondering if he can maintain his success well.

Not a huge sports follower so please excuse the stupid question, but do you think really a really good shooter like Curry will experience huge diminishing returns a la Rose and Dwight. Not to say Curry is just a shooter (he can finish to the rim as well) but I'm wondering if he can maintain his success well.

Everyone eventually will. The guys with the good technique, fundamentals and bbiq are the guys who adapt to their diminishing physical abilities and have longer careers. Like take Curry for example, lots of people might assume that's because he is a great shooter he doesn't rely on his athleticism, but what helps allow him to be a great shooter is his great/quick footwork and agility, it lets him keep defenders honest. Same thing with Blake. Yeah he's developed a decent jumper, but it's due in part to his insane first step and explosiveness. Defenders can't just stick on him from range because he will blow by them, so that gives him a little more space to operate.

Line_HTX

National media keep Likitung'ing Russell's historic night and completely ignoring how epicly horrendous his 4th quarter was on a brand new level of terrible was and stopped doing what he was doing the 1st 3 quarters...

harden-eyeroll.jpg

Servbot24

Banned
National media keep Likitung'ing Russell's historic night and completely ignoring how epicly horrendous his 4th quarter was on a brand new level of terrible was and stopped doing what he was doing the 1st 3 quarters...

harden-eyeroll.jpg

what? his 4th quarter shittiness is the only thing i have seen talked about

Line_HTX

Jonathan Feigen‏ @Jonathan_Feigen 1m1 minute ago

Of 20 calls, no calls in L2M report, NBA found 3 missed calls, all favoring OKC, including that backcourt violation before a Westbrook 3.

If we had lost because they did not call a backcourt violation on Russell....

LionPride

Banned
Bucks and Raptors tonight is probably the biggest "must watch" game in this playoffs thus far. Too bad it's sandwiched between likely blowouts featuing bigger teams playing worse teams so not a lot of people will give a fuck.
I'll be at Grizz/Spurs so I can't see the one matchup I like a lot this round

FZZ

Banned
Wait wouldn't the Cavs flourish under the D'antoni system?

Get them a competent center and have D'antoni coach them I'm pretty sure they'd be doing much better than they are now

smh cmon Ty Lue

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Jonathan Feigen‏ @Jonathan_Feigen 1m1 minute ago

Of 20 calls, no calls in L2M report, NBA found 3 missed calls, all favoring OKC, including that backcourt violation before a Westbrook 3.

If we had lost because they did not call a backcourt violation on Russell....

That backcourt was so incredibly blatant. I don't understand how that was not called.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom