• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
haha feel for Hawks fans

"Dwight Howard is a man without answers. Judging by his locker room comments after the Hawks' Game 2 loss to the Wizards, Howard has zero idea how anything about the game transpired. Or why.

Here's a quick transcription of his responses, with press questions paraphrased:

Q: With so many fouls called, what's the biggest challenge in a game like that?

Howard: "I don't know."

Q: Anything you would have done differently?

Q: Did the MMA talk change the way the game were refereed?

Howard: "It's basketball."

Q: Is this one of the closer playoff games you've played?

Howard: "No."

Q: What happened in the fourth when Beal went off?

On the court, the Hawks' big man had similarly few answers. He finished with 6 points and 7 rebounds in the loss to the Wizards.

How lucky for the Atlanta media that Howard handles disappointment well. Nice talking to ya, Dwight."

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Devil's advocate: no one around WB can shoot! When your gameplan from the GetGo is feed wb, it was painful trying to watch OKC switch to Team Mode. I guess you need a healthy balance but what do I know

They were playing team ball and winning. They went down a few points and Russ became a hog etc

TTG

And don't think we forgot about Harden's 35 points on 7 fgs bullshitsu performance. Don't let me down Spurs, take him apart piece by piece in the next round.

There was a time when Dwight Howard was arguably the best 2nd best player in the league right next to LeBron. Kind of surreal to see his fall.

He and Rose.

It's what happens to guys that rely so much on athleticism in some form or another. When it goes it goes quick. Cautionary tale for whoever thinks about giving Blake Griffin a huge contract next summer. It's also what scares me about Westbrook.

WelcomeGraveBantamrooster-size_restricted.gif

oh shit.

He and Rose.

It's what happens to guys that rely so much on athleticism in some form or another. When it goes it goes quick. Cautionary tale for whoever thinks about giving Blake Griffin a huge contract next summer. It's also what scares me about Westbrook.

I have a similar concern about Westbrook, but he also has the mentality, and likely trains a crazy ton, such that I can imagine him being like Kobe, in that he works to develop his game as he loses his athletic ability.

Blake Griffin has already started to develop his jump shot, make plays, even stretch out to the 3 pt line. He makes layups more than dunks. To an extent, he might do it too much these days, but he's definitely making an attempt to adapt and to become a more standard stretch 4

He and Rose.

D. Rose in his prime was a big joy to watch, but sucks his body finally caught up to his explosiveness :(

Tommy DJ

They were playing team ball and winning. They went down a few points and Russ became a hog etc

At this point, Russ is going to be Russ. Its probably too late to change his mentality, especially since OKC has been letting him blow 4th quarter leads for years. You're going to have to take the bad with the good.

I mean, it isn't exactly a coincidence that Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook are both tried for most shots missed in a playoff game (26 shots).

Fjordson

Warriors defense is completely oppressive at points. I had to do a double take when I heard that shit.
And even if he was speaking about this game specifically, both teams played great defense. Blazers only had a 83 offensive rating in the first half.

Chuck is an idiot, straight up.

TTG

Watching Blake against Joe Johnson and Diaw makes me wistful and he was arguably the best power forward in the league only 2 years ago.

Matrix

haha this shit writes itself

"Thus far, Russ is 23-69 on the series, for a total of 33%.

Andre Robertson, Taj Gibson, Steven Adams, Domantas Sabonis, Enes Kanter are a combined 35-66, for a total 53%"

Damn. When the warriors are on, no one even comes close.

They're on another level

Consider Curry and Klay have not played well offensively and they are missing Kevin Durant. They've shown even when they don't hit their shots they can defend at a high level.

Warriors should just rest KD the whole series

I imagine they want a few games for chemistry, but if he is even slightly questionably there is no need to play him.

Surfinn

Consider Curry and Klay have not played well offensively and they are missing Kevin Durant. They've shown even when they don't hit their shots they can defend at a high level.

I imagine they want a few games for chemistry, but if he is even slightly questionably there is no need to play him.
Their defense is as impressive as their offense when they're clicking IMO.

And yup good points

Mory Dunz

Warriors defense is completely oppressive at points. I had to do a double take when I heard that shit.

When it comes to the Warriors, no point in listening to Chuck.

I think he rates Curry like the 6th or 8th or something? But I bet it's a lot lower in his head he just doesn't want an annoying storm around him.

Who is good at defense if the Warriors aren't exactly...? Besides Utah

mjp2417

Banned
When it comes to the Warriors, no point in listening to Chuck.

I think he rates Curry like the 6th or 8th or something? But I bet it's a lot lower in his head he just doesn't want an annoying storm around him.

Who is good at defense if the Warriors aren't exactly...? Besides Utah

San Antonio

Fjordson

Warriors actually had a better defense than Utah this year. Only SA was better, and post-KD's injury GS was ranked first until the end of the season. But Charles doesn't actually watch basketball so he wouldn't know that.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I'm liking McCaw.
Been raving about this kid all season. Usually in control, smooth, takes great angles. Not going to be a superstar or anything but he already knows this at his young age and plays his role extremely well. Another great pick by this front office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom