• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2k10 official thread of git your ass back on the ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be my first NBA 2k game since back on Dreamcast. Well actually that not entirely true, I had 2k7 but I couldn't have played that for any more than 3 hours. Strangely enough, what made me want to get 2k10 was the Wii Sports Resort's Three-pointer game...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I wish the time difference didn't kill us.. Once you'll play a few hardcore leagues I'd like to get on the fringe dying ones..

:(

HoTHiTTeR said:
Who made the USA bball covers? PSD file? gimmah now!
you mean a standalone raw file of the anniversary edition cover?
i haven't found any online yet.
but i do have a psd file for the cover template.
DCX said:
I'm in with the Knicks.

DCX
added.
aznpxdd said:
$20 for the superior version, what's wrong?
stop trolling you cunt, and get a y-splitter for that monitor!

dang why are people going over to NBA live? does it even have supported online leagues? i suppose im in

choice of teams:

bulls, warriors, suns, mavs, hornets

charsace

Welcome back bitch. Can't believe they let you out of your cage.

Nuggets are mine.

CB just join the 2k league. Live league will die faster than the APF 2k8 league. I want to be in the live on, but can only dedicate time to one bball game and since 2k will get more people...

[17:32] nba-gaffer: lot of rookies wanting in this season!
[17:32] nba-gaffer: should be good :D
[17:35] viakado: its going to be epic
[17:35] viakado: i can feel it
[17:35] viakado: meldown and such
[17:35] nba-gaffer: lol
[17:35] nba-gaffer: rookie gonna knock phx outa the first round?
[17:35] nba-gaffer: PLEASE let it happen

shots fired.:lol

kid ness said:
Hey, count me in! Can't wait for 2k10.

1) Bulls, 2)Magic, 3)Knicks, 4)Suns, 5)Heat for me. 360 btw.
Thanks.
since you're classified as a rookie, the only available team for you is the suns.
bulls, magic, knicks, heat are already spoken for by vets.
added you to list

charsace said:
Welcome back bitch. Can't believe they let you out of your cage.

Nuggets are mine.

CB just join the 2k league. Live league will die faster than the APF 2k8 league. I want to be in the live on, but can only dedicate time to one bball game and since 2k will get more people...

You pussy. I can't believe you abandoned the live family.

Stay with us and you will not regret it. We got plenty of people

kid ness

viakado said:
since you're classified as a rookie, the only available team for you is the suns.
bulls, magic, knicks, heat are already spoken for by vets.
added you to list
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Is this a fantasy draft league, or is it the real teams?

RS4- said:
360, Raps please!

edit - I guess if I end up losing the Raps, I'll play for the Blazers/Pacers too
you're added. blazers are spoken for.
kid ness said:
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Is this a fantasy draft league, or is it the real teams?
real teams. usually with trades open.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
1. I thought you were banned!
2. Anybody else getting this on PS3?
3. NBA Combine has me projected as a 2nd round pick of the Timberwolves. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Blackace

bishoptl said:
3. NBA Combine has me projected as a 2nd round pick of the Timberwolves. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

2: I was thinking of going the PS3 route... But been playing it on the 360 since the start..

But the PS3 is slowly becoming my Sports Box..

3: Are you a PG?

bishoptl said:
pulp.gif

had to do a lot of dicksucking to get me back!
am i ashamed?
just a bit, but not really.

pilonv1

bishoptl said:

hold out, get traded and have your team moved.

what times do you all end up playing? maybe i can work in some games, has blackace ever played in a leauge? we're roughly in the same time zone

Smokey

bishoptl said:

i know you have a 360 bish. join us. there are very few leagues that are ran on the PS3, and even those don't have comparable numbers to their 360 counterparts (see:Madden). Join usssss!

and hey, there could be plenty worse. you could've been drafted to the knicks or the heat, not exactly model organizations for young men to prosper

pilonv1 said:

what times do you all end up playing? maybe i can work in some games, has blackace ever played in a leauge? we're roughly in the same time zone

He tried in Season 8, but the Japan time didn't end up working out too well.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I can't commit to a league with kids and the business, otherwise I'd try and get the Grizz. I want to engineer the Iverson/Memphis meltdown myself!

Blackace, I'm a shooting forward. I'd probably get a higher rating if I could ever finish a damn game (see above)

edit: actually, I just remembered that I renewed my Gold, maybe I'll get this on 360

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
bishoptl said:

Lol, Im going 2nd round to the Suns. Its impossible to be a 1st rounder in that fucking game!

I would get it for PS3 but more people I know are going 360 :<

Blackace

pilonv1 said:

I played in one.. but the time difference killed us. And if I got busy with work at all I couldn't play with them... But if you want to start a side league with odd time zones or people who work odd times I am down.

Raging Spaniard said:
Lol, Im going 2nd round to the Suns. Its impossible to be a 1st rounder in that fucking game!

I would get it for PS3 but more people I know are going 360 :<

You literally can't be a 1st rounder. The best you can do is 2nd round 1st pick (it's so that you have to fight for a spot on the roster)

bishoptl said:
I can't commit to a league with kids and the business, otherwise I'd try and get the Grizz. I want to engineer the Iverson/Memphis meltdown myself!

Blackace, I'm a shooting forward. I'd probably get a higher rating if I could ever finish a damn game (see above)

edit: actually, I just remembered that I renewed my Gold, maybe I'll get this on 360
i just hooked you up. (see op)
how about a thank you and updating me with another killer tag?

dude404

chaoticprout said:
You guys are really getting the pc version? wtf is this shit

Why are you so surpised? The game is only 20 bucks and has everything the 60 bucks version have. It is the definitive version version and it is moddable. :lol I'm sure there will be people online playing this game, we don't know how much yet, but for 20 bucks you're already getting your moneys worth.

dude404 said:
Why are you so surpised? The game is only 20 bucks and has everything the 60 bucks version have. It is the definitive version version and it is moddable. :lol I'm sure there will be people online playing this game, we don't know how much yet, but for 20 bucks you're already getting your moneys worth.

Well it's more of a you won't be playing with many other gaffers thing.

kinda lame.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
i'm da best mang..but i'm not playing in a league run by smokey robinson!

Smokey

jobber said:
i'm da best mang..but i'm not playing in a league run by smokey robinson!

are you still butthurt about something that happened a long time ago (even tho I never really even talked to you)?

i find it funny how you're "the best", but because of some self-imposed boycott of my leagues, or me, you won't play.

how about you get some nuts, man up and play. anybody can talk (and you have for a while). what are you scared of?

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Aw, wth?

Yo, Smokey ... can u get me added with one of the teams from the list I PM'd u earlier in the week? I'm on GAF Mobile right now and don't have access to my PMs/PM history. Thx.

Smokey

anachronous_one said:
Aw, wth?

Yo, Smokey ... can u get me added with one of the teams from the list I PM'd u earlier in the week? Imon GAF Mobile right now and don't have access to my PMs/PM history. Thx.

i had to clear out my PM box, it was at the limit.

i wasn't thinking and should've saved yours. i actually sent you a pm asking you to come in here and leave your team. so when you get a chance just stop back by and let us know.

ph33nix said:
You pussy. I can't believe you abandoned the live family.

Stay with us and you will not regret it. We got plenty of people

What's happening isn't at all surprising to me considering there's a large amount of brand equity that has been built up with the 2K series. Even if Live was the greatest basketball game of all time, 2K's game would have to suck completely ass for the lifers to abandon it. Add on top of that the EA resentment some folks have, and it's the perfect storm for 2K to continue riding it's wave of dominance.

Smokey thinks that I'm biased against 2K, but he has that confused with my bias against sloppy and bug filled games. If 2K10 is the return to the excellence I fondly remember from the golden age, then I'm perfectly down to evangelize on it's behalf. But if I think a game stinks, I'll keep it 100% real and make my case using clear examples that inform my opinion.

Pheeniks - Regarding Live's league prospects, we'll have to wait and see. The amount of interest in the 2K league is obviously greater, and I know some folks can't justify buying two ball games this year. I'm excited about the prospect of of a Live league, but being realistic, it has an uphill battle to climb as I won't lead a league with just a handful of guys.

Smokey/Kado - How will the team selection work for guys fighting for the Lakers/Heat? Assuming I lose in a tourney to earn the Lakers, would I have to pick from the scraps do do I have priority over rooks that have already claimed teams thus far?

3 more f'in days....

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
Smokey/Kado - How will the team selection work for guys fighting for the Lakers/Heat? Assuming I lose in a tourney to earn the Lakers, would I have to pick from the scraps do do I have priority over rooks that have already claimed teams thus far?

3 more f'in days....

about those 3 more days..we gotta have a talk! iron some details out.

about the teams...the problem is too many of you laker-age folks want to play this game! It would be handled like you said. if you lost, then you would get team priority over the rooks.

sorry rooks! i've been there before...that's just how it is until you earn your stripes!

Shawnwhann said:

3 more f'in days....
if you lose your rights to the lakers. you then fall back on your secondary team. if that team has interest from other "vet" players, both must play a best out of 3 for the rights to play said team. if you lose, then you fall back on a 3rd team. and so on...

since so many want the lakers, i suggest doing some kind of playoff bracket with all vets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom