• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2k10 official thread of git your ass back on the ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.
viakado said:
if you lose your rights to the lakers. you then fall back on your secondary team. if that team has interest from other "vet" players, and since you and other player are "vets", both of you must play best out of 3 for the rights to play said team. if you lose, then you fall back on a 3rd team. and so on...

since so many want the lakers, i suggest doing some kind of playoff bracket with all vets

Playoff bracket would be fine by me, throw in the Magic and Blazers as two secondary teams for me.

Thanks!

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Smokey said:
i had to clear out my PM box, it was at the limit.

i wasn't thinking and should've saved yours. i actually sent you a pm asking you to come in here and leave your team. so when you get a chance just stop back by and let us know.
off the top of my head (in order):

Magic/Nuggets/Blazers/Spurs/Celtics/
Hawks/Hornets/Mavericks/Pistons

I don't see ANYONE with their primary as the Magic, so I'd love to have them.

anachronous_one said:
off the top of my head (in order):

Magic/Nuggets/Blazers/Spurs/Celtics/
Hawks/Hornets/Mavericks/Pistons

I don't see ANYONE with their primary as the Magic, so I'd love to have them.

added you to OP. Magic/Nugg/blazers are spoken for.
you played 1 season in 2k9. i've played all seasons in 2k9. i have senority over you. if i dont get my lovely lakers, i have senority over magic, assuming no other vet has them picked first as well.
vets have senority.
added your 2nd and 3rd too shawn.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm really looking forward to getting this going. I haven't had anything to really complain about for months. I skipped Madden this year and have such a relaxing August and September. Time to throw that away in the interest of competitive nature. :D

Bring on the hyper tension, the acid reflux and the thread wars of hate.

Oh how I've missed you all.

Who ever gets the Warriors needs to do some serious considerations towards sending Stephen Curry to the Cavs. I'm just saying.

Shawn: Is there anyway I can convince you to play one season with a team other than the Lakers? It would be so nice for my blood pressure. My doctor would appreciate it.

Truelize said:
I'm really looking forward to getting this going. I haven't had anything to really complain about for months. I skipped Madden this year and have such a relaxing August and September. Time to throw that away in the interest of competitive nature. :D

Bring on the hyper tension, the acid reflux and the thread wars of hate.

Oh how I've missed you all.

Who ever gets the Warriors needs to do some serious considerations towards sending Stephen Curry to the Cavs. I'm just saying.

we'll see friend!

pilonv1 said:
do that and I'll cut you

are you going to play? i will switch my 2nd team if i dont get the bulls and you want to play. i hate to take a team away from a true fan and i have no attachment to any NBA team (except an anti-attachment to the lakers so yeah)

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
viakado said:
added you to OP. Magic/Nugg/blazers are spoken for.
you played 1 season in 2k9. i've played all seasons in 2k9. i have senority over you. if i dont get my lovely lakers, i have senority over magic, assuming no other vet has them picked first as well.
vets have senority.
added your 2nd and 3rd too shawn.
nod. I noticed that you listed me as Spurs/Celts, but ecnal is listed with the spurs as primary and dark faze with the celts as primary. how does that all shake out? I'm assuming both of those guys have at least as many league seasons user their belt, if not more?

Sloegr

I'm interested in PC online play. I'll take any team, really, though I'm more interested in Teamp Up/Crew.

Would any of the PC players be willing to set up a Steam Group? Might be a good way to keep track of everyone and set up game times.

anachronous_one said:
nod. I noticed that you listed me as Spurs/Celts, but ecnal is listed with the spurs as primary and dark faze with the celts as primary. how does that all shake out? I'm assuming both of those guys have at least as many league seasons user their belt, if not more?
fixed OP. ecnal has the spurs.
since you and dark faze are not vets, both of you will fight best out of 3 for the right to have the celtics. only assuming no vet has picked them first. winner gets the celtics, loser takes 2ndary team.

pilonv1

FrenchMovieTheme said:
are you going to play? i will switch my 2nd team if i dont get the bulls and you want to play. i hate to take a team away from a true fan and i have no attachment to any NBA team (except an anti-attachment to the lakers so yeah)

cant play due to time difference, so you're my surrogate.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
viakado said:
fixed OP. ecnal has the spurs.
since you and dark faze are not vets, both of you will fight best out of 3 for the right to have the celtics. only assuming no vet has picked them first. winner gets the celtics, loser takes 2ndary team.
Any chance I can just get the Mavs without having to do a playoff?

Truelize said:
Shawn: Is there anyway I can convince you to play one season with a team other than the Lakers? It would be so nice for my blood pressure. My doctor would appreciate it.

That's a huge assumption that I'm going to end up winning the Lakers. If anyone is the least likely to win that thing, it'd be me based on how I played Live 09 damn near exclusively last year. I repurchased 2K9 earlier this year, but my 360 had a RROD causing me to miss out of the league.

Takuan

Sick box art on the anniversary editions, but I'm not paying $100 for that shit.

Vanilla 360 ver for me.

Teams: Lakers, Celts, Magic, Blazers, Raps, Heat, Bulls, Wiz, Thunder, Queens, Clips, Wolves

I've never participated in these tourneys before. Do you guys start right around when the game releases, or when the actual season starts? I'm on vacation until the end of October and won't be able to play until I get back home; if this is a problem, someone could proxy for me.

HMC

I'm down for a tourney run. I'll take the Grizz or Clips if they're available.

edit: Nevermind, I thought this was for a tourney. Reading comprehension FTL.

Feel free to add me for some sim games though...360 GT: HMcCoy.

Have fun guys :D

ecnal

anyone know if online seasons will have dynamic commentary similar to the new association stuff? or is that too much wishful thinking?

seems like they went through all that trouble to add it for association (new commentary, new stat tracking, etc.) and it could easily double for online seasons.

even just something small like the courts having playoff logos, etc. it'd be really awesome if you were playing a game and it would post up who the league leaders were, what teams are hot, etc, etc.

Takuan said:
Sick box art on the anniversary editions, but I'm not paying $100 for that shit.

Vanilla 360 ver for me.

Teams: Lakers, Celts, Magic, Blazers, Raps, Heat, Bulls, Wiz, Thunder, Queens, Clips, Wolves

I've never participated in these tourneys before. Do you guys start right around when the game releases, or when the actual season starts? I'm on vacation until the end of October and won't be able to play until I get back home; if this is a problem, someone could proxy for me.
only 2 teams left that are not spoken for on your list. i'll put you at queens as your primary.

here's are possible list of teams not spoken for yet.
Philadelphia 76ers
Milwaukee Bucks
Charlotte Bobcats

*************6 SPOTS LEFT****************

WE'LL run a 2nd league if it starts to overflow.

nyprimus2 said:
360. I'll take the Nets if that isn't a problem with anyone.
check list above. nets are spoken for.

aznpxdd said:
Alright fuck it, put me down for whatever the best left is.
welcome to the 2k gaf family! the most disfunctional clique in all of gaf!
i put you down for the pistons.
HMC said:
How many games do you guys run?
usually 30game seasons. if league is full, it'll have the same playoff setup from its nba counterpart. 4 rounds, best out of 7 each round.

Takuan said:
Awwww shit, I'm ready to beast on y'all with Calvin Booth.
trades are open this year. so you can work your magic and come up with some creative trade ideas to get your booth. :)

Mrbob said:
I ordered nba2k10 from amazon...better not flip flop on us viakado! :/
2960nye.gif

*********4 SPOTS OPEN LEFT**************
with 3 veteran spots reserved for DM,Daw, and BIRDMAN

Takuan

viakado said:
trades are open this year. so you can work your magic and come up with some creative trade ideas to get your booth. :)

2960nye.gif

*********4 SPOTS OPEN LEFT**************
with 3 veteran spots reserved for DM,Daw, and BIRDMAN
Oh, I just did a quick roster check on the Queens' NBA page and saw Booth there. He's listed as an (FA) though, so I guess he may not be there when the season starts.

In that case, prepare for the wrath of May.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'll take the Rockets.....

in the NBA Live League...stop hogging them Smokey!

If i do get 2K for the 360 this year my vet butt who now has become a rookie for sitting out one year will gladly take the worst team in the game.

aznpxdd

Matrix said:
If i do get 2K for the 360 this year my vet butt who now has become a rookie for sitting out one year will gladly take the worst team in the game.

2 people are already fighting for the Heat.

Matrix said:
I'll take the Rockets.....

in the NBA Live League...stop hogging them Smokey!

Matrix, you represent the 30th team(bucks).
assuming, daw, dm and birdman are confirmed for season 9.

any player from here on wanting to play will play in 2ndary league.
and if there is in fact a 2nd league, you are more than welcome to pick which league to join.
although if that's the case we might have to redo the primary league team assignments again if some vets decide to switch to the secondary league :lol

aznpxdd said:
2 people are already fighting for the Heat.
dagger

anachronous_one said:

You might as well just fall back right now son! That's a battle you aint winnin!

I feel dirty thinking about using the Celtics, but when a man goes to battle he can't be squeamish about the tools he must use for victory!

i hate to keep trolling this game, but even on pro difficulty, how the fuck is anyone watching these videos and feeling good? (like the fact that double teaming is still bullshit?) all i see is a slightly upgraded version of 2k9. with the same bullshit.

rinse82

Shawnwhann said:
New gameplay videos from PastaPadre, while the CPU appears to be running a realistic offense, it appears the CPU's help defense on drives and pick and rolls is utterly atrocious. Hopefully there's a slider to increase Help D or paint resistance:

http://www.pastapadre.com/2009/09/28/nba-2k10-videos-set-2

Someone take this game away from him. He has awesome Madden coverage but dude does not know the game of basketball. I particularly like his "dunk or 3" offense.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Dark FaZe said:
You might as well just fall back right now son! That's a battle you aint winnin!

I feel dirty thinking about using the Celtics, but when a man goes to battle he can't be squeamish about the tools he must use for victory!
Yeah, well, if you read any further, you'd have seen that I opted to just take the Mavs. I have no interest in having to play a playoff series just to get a team. Speaking of which, now I see that I have to play a series to get the Mavs? I would've rather just played the series against Dark Faze for the Celtics. That was the entire point of me opting to just go with the Mavs --- to avoid having to "play in" to a team.

viakado/Smokey --- There are no new people, that I have "seniority" (with my whopping one completed GAF season) over for any of the teams I listed (Magic/Nuggets/Blazers/Spurs/Celtics/Hawks/Hornets/Mavericks/Pistons), allowing me to avoid a "play-in" series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom