• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2k10 official thread of git your ass back on the ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.
legend166 said:
So, my brother bought this and I started a My Player dude.

Did everyone else have the same reaction as me, i.e. it's just not worth it? The crap they punish you for is ridiculous. Foul someone? Oops, down goes your grade! Let your opponent score? Too bad. Don't you know that even if you're playing on Kobe damn Bryant, you should be keeping him to ZERO POINTS?!

On top of all that, it doesn't even bump up your grade when you make a shot, unless it's a particularly well positioned shot. It sucks.
once you get the hang of it, the system for rewarding and subtracting points is fair.

edit:what spaniard said.

new page:
Hey guys,
Just wanted to make sure everyone was squared away here. We figured out the issue on Friday and needed 36 hours for the fix to be fully put into place. Seems like things are good, but just want to put up a note and see if anyone was having this issue.

This won't be an issue for 360 because we got it fixed quite quickly.

Ronnie2k

patch drops in the next 72 hours for 360. i need my damn 2k fix dammit. let's make league happen. :(

let me know if you're down.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
viakado said:
once you get the hang of it, the system for rewarding and subtracting points is fair.

edit:what spaniard said.

new page:

patch drops in the next 72 hours for 360. i need my damn 2k fix dammit. let's make league happen. :(

let me know if you're down.

Lemme know if a team opens up for the noobs. Not that I dont like my team, but if I can get a better one ...

legend166 said:
So, my brother bought this and I started a My Player dude.

Did everyone else have the same reaction as me, i.e. it's just not worth it? The crap they punish you for is ridiculous. Foul someone? Oops, down goes your grade! Let your opponent score? Too bad. Don't you know that even if you're playing on Kobe damn Bryant, you should be keeping him to ZERO POINTS?!

On top of all that, it doesn't even bump up your grade when you make a shot, unless it's a particularly well positioned shot. It sucks.

It's a fair system on the whole. As a role player, you need to pay attention to these things as they have a more drastic effect on your efficacy on the court (a role player would be useless dominating the ball and not doing the little things) but once your ratings get up to superstar status, you won't have to pay attention to them as much since you'll be able to dominate easily.

BTW...any news of a patch for PC?

Raging Spaniard said:
Lemme know if a team opens up for the noobs. Not that I dont like my team, but if I can get a better one ...
there probably wont be enough to fill all 30 spots, so you'll definitely get the team you want, unless a vet has them already.

patch#3 go go go!

Projectjustice said:
Is this game playable now after all the patches?
here's the story in a nutshell:

ps3 players got the patch#3 well over a week a go. there we're complaints on online stability, league and myplayer mode. on the flipside, others claim league and other issues we're fixed. but i haven't read enough to verify the positive claims. currently the xbox patch isn't available yet (due out this week)

There were rumours circulating the reason the xbox patch hasn't been released yet is because it was too big for Microsoft certification. so since then, 2k has been reworking the patch and Ronnie comes out with this twitter a few hours ago:

Hey guys,
Just wanted to make sure everyone was squared away here. We figured out the issue on Friday and needed 36 hours for the fix to be fully put into place. Seems like things are good, but just want to put up a note and see if anyone was having this issue.

This won't be an issue for 360 because we got it fixed quite quickly.

so im assuming this is for online stability, league and crew and also for other minor issues.

This game plays so damn well on Pro now with default sliders. It's the most realistic basketball game I've ever played. NBA Today is a feature for the future, too. Sometimes I don't have the patience to play a whole league, so this mode is perfect . It's funny because Sam on last weeks 4guy1up was talking about how they should have a feature like that in Madden and he would play it more. Hopefully 2k gets the props they deserve for this mode. I know the game was a mess to start, but it's really turned into something special.

Too bad the online is still kind of spotty. Haven't tried it after the latest patch for PS3, so I'm hoping it's better. I used to play the shit out of 2k7 and 2k8 online, before I jumped to Live for 09.

we've been doing test runs on league games.
it works flawless.

with that said, league is starting tomorow, but we're down one man short in a 20-team league. if you're interested in doing league, post here

pilonv1

I'll school you fools with COBY KARL AND THE D-LEAGUE ALL STARS

normal_2007-jessica-alba-warriors-g.jpg

benjipwns

Banned
IMO, PC version wasn't a bad investment at $20 even though it took six months for the patch.

Depends on what you're interested in though. If you just want My Player, Association or Mods (on PC) I'd say sure pick it up used (if less than $20) or on PC. Just don't look forward to doing much more online than playing the occasional game.

If you don't "need" a basketball game, I'd just wait.

Bishman said:
Is this game still worth buying or should I wait 'till August for 2K11?

For offline play, yes, it's a decent game.

Online is broken, so pass on it.

We all know Live is shit and 2k is sitting at their laurels using the same stupid dreamcast turbocharged engine.

Basketball games should take 2 years off and then come back with something good.

In the meantime a group of 20-30 guys from their B studios could keep doing these yearly updates we've been getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom