• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 |OT| The Greatest of All Time | Reviews | PS3/360 League Sign-Up

Omiee

viakado said:
i remember from last year there were no more than a handful that were getting the pc version.
i dont mind adding a pc league list to the OP assuming there are enough interested parties and someone willing to be commish.

lets do a pc league pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
XiaNaphryz said:
I'm mainly just going to do the Jordan stuff anyway. Can't resist!

33ejsit.png

WTF is this shit? No Duckworth? Terrible game.

Do you guys know how to do the spin moves while carrying the ball?

I haven't played a 2K Basketball game since 2K7 and if I remember correctly, you need to hold both the triggers and turn the stick around to make a spin move with the ball carrier.

Sp3eD said:
WTF is this shit? No Duckworth? Terrible game.

Right? Anyway I hope the soundtrack is as good as last years. From the demo I like the weight that all the players seem to move with now, it actually felt like a challenge to score points.

Purexed said:
That was one of the sickest hype videos I've ever seen. Kobe was beastin in that video.

The crossover was a little exaggerated but the movements look fluid

Omiee said:
lets do a pc league pleaseeeeeeeeeeee
added a pc league list to the OP.
let's make you the de facto commish for now.
good luck finding 2k pc players here on gaf. :)
i'll also ask one of the mods to add "PC League sign-up" to the thread title.

as for the ps3 pay pal league.
Buy-in is not set in stone, im just gauging the interest for having a paypal league for now.
if everyone is not on board with that, we can still do a grand prize in a form of a gift card or a game of choice.
or we can have a combination of both where players have the option of putting money in the pot. Finals winner gets the pot and the non paypal participant finals winner gets a gift card instead.
i'd really like to offer some kind of incentive for participants.

Dark FaZe said:
Kado don't do this.....

360 version...
it is done. the days of a corrupt commissioner is over.
long live the ps3 independence. long live the revolution.

Babalu.

No way I'm buying this new. They screwed me out of $60 last year. I don't play in leagues or online. I loved the my player mode and thats pretty much all I played.

But fuck that I will not be touching this shit if there is any HINT of video lag/framerate lag. Not being able to play in any arenas without massive slowdown was an absolute joke.

fuck them. I'll buy it used when its $20 if there is absolutely no slowdown.

Smokey

Cloudy said:
How come the ps3 league is a money league but not 360?

It is...vikado just refuses to put it in the OP. Check out post number 10:

Smokey said:
360 league will consist of a tournament as well as league.

Tournament I'll be offering $30 gift certificate to GS for the winner
League champion $75 gift certificate for the winner

Vikado you need to put CB on 360 list too.

i am interested in the 360 version but i'm telling you right now i'm not buying the game day 1. so don't say i flaked if it ends up that there are issues with the game and i end up not joining!

if the game functions properly within a reasonable amount of time i will join. if not then 2k can eat a bag of dicks cause i'm not giving them another $60 for something that either doesn't work or doesn't work for a month or two after release.

and i'll take the heat, thx

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i am interested in the 360 version but i'm telling you right now i'm not buying the game day 1. so don't say i flaked if it ends up that there are issues with the game and i end up not joining!

if the game functions properly within a reasonable amount of time i will join. if not then 2k can eat a bag of dicks cause i'm not giving them another $60 for something that either doesn't work or doesn't work for a month or two after release.

and i'll take the heat, thx
:lol

Disclaimer: Do not let 2k swindle you again. Wait for reviews and user feedbacks before buying this game.

Read the disclaimer in the OP!

6o32v6.png

Commish: viakado
Co-Commish: Diddybop

League Settings:
Opening night: Oct 21th @ 6PM
Difficulty: Superstar
Quarter Length: 10 minutes
# of Season Games: 30
Round Intervals: 7 days (Flex scheduling)
Playoffs: 4 rounds (best of 7 each)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2Ksports.com League site
Team Stats

Trades (proposing and accept/deny
Standings
Player Stats

Code:
[B][U][B][U]Gaf Handle             Team                      PSN                   AIM[/U][/B] [/U][/B]
1. viakado*†           Lakers                    LeCorleones           viakado
2. Purexed*            Thunder                   ProfessaSkillz
3. Diddybop*†          Celtics                   spgotnext             spgotnext 
4. rinse82*†           Heat                      rinse82               rinse82
5. pistolpete2940*†    Nets                      pistolpete294         kissmyairsbum
6. Dmncnby2k9*†        jazz                      Dmncnby2k8            itzdaro13
7. thomasbk*†          rockets                   TBKkiller
8. SamuraiX-           Kings                     SamuraiX-             SamuraiX780
9. 3rdamention         pacers                    Filth_Flannigan
10. Big Baybee*†       hornets                   Big_Baybee            bigbaybee225
11. btothekw           warriors                  btothekw              btothekw
12. thauoftkidd*       magic                     thauoftkidd           thauoftkiddPS3
13. Seattle6418*†      Knicks                    FASJ6418
14. johnny_park        grizzlies                 johnny_park
15. MorisUkunRasik*†   blazers                   Kursk
16. borghe*            bulls                     camel75slayer
17. RDreamer           Bucks                     RDreamer              r4dikaldre4mer
18. CPU                 ????                      

*asterisk next to name indicates paypal participant.
† indicates paypal payment received.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entry:
Paypal users: $20 Buy-in. Eligible for pot.
Non Paypal users: Not eligible for pot.
Refund: At the end of the 2nd week of the season
Prizes:
Season 1 Champion: 100% of pot minus $20
Finals loser: receives $20 as a consolation prize
Current Pot: $180 US
Sportsmanship Award: Receives a $50 Gift Card, courtesy of the Commish. Based on highest player feedback score. Feedback Form Here
Rules:

Points in the Paint PIP:
What we refer to as Dynamic points in the paint. League players shall not exceed no greater and equal to 50.9% of your total points.
Breaking this rule is an automatic loss.
i.e: if your total score is 100pts, your pip shall not exceed 50pts in the paint.
In the event both tams go over the 50% barrier, whichever team is closest to 50% wins the match.
Grace points: You are allowed 4pts above 50.9% barrier.

Manual Defense:
You must guard the ball handler at all times. If you are playing any type of zone, you must be the defender closest to the ball handler.

Types of Defense:
Any type of defense is allowed except for full court press.
Full Court Press is only allowed in the final 5 minutes of the game.
Let your opponent cross the midcourt line.

Trading:
No trading restrictions at this moment.

Scoring Average Cap:
Any player in the league shall not exceed his scoring average to no more or equal to 26.9PPG. You can still score 80pts in a single game. But if any single player on your squad exceeds the 26.9PPG barrier after the last game of the season, the team the player is on will forfeit his playoff eligibility. In the event this occurs, the team with the next best record in the same conference will take your place.

Game Forfeiting:
Communicating with your next opponent is vital. You MUST inform your weekly opponents when you are available by posting in this same league thread at least once. Failure to finish a game and not post in this thread is an automatic loss in any missed games. If both parties fail to post in this thread, i will have the duty of flipping the coin on who gets the loss.
Everyone has busy lives to live, please respect other people's time by giving your opponents the heads up on your availability.

Free Agents:
Free agents are not allowed to be picked up until AFTER end of the 3rd week.
team with the worst records gets first pick. 2nd worst record gets 2nd pick, and so forth

Sportsmanship Feedbacks:
Everyone must fill out the feedback questionnaire. its only 6 questions. it'll take 10seconds to submit.
player with the highest rated feedback scores gets $50. you lose eligibility if you miss more than 4 feedbacks. if you dont miss a single feedback in a week. you are rewarded with 1 full point.

Challenge Rules
How it will work is the two participants will play a regular online game against eachother, 6 minute quarters using mirror teams. You will have to abide by the league rules for this game. After that BOTH players will be required to PM me some details of the game, including PIP and the final score. The better man will get to use that team!

Please note that you only get one challenge, and if you happen to lose the game you will get booted to the bottom of the list and will be required to wait until everyone is finished picking their teams. You will not have an opportunity to challenge for your 2nd or 3rd team. One game, one challenge.

Communication:

IRC Chatroom for both leagues.
use it for trade talks, smack talks. whatever
server: studio64.yi.org
channel: #nba-age

irc clients:
windows - use mirc or xchat
mac - colloquy

2K web irc chat (via mibbit.com)
Chatzilla(firefox extention)

Stream your games Live via Ustream:
2hdbsbm.jpg

ustream.tv/mobile/broadcaster

step 1:download app to your camera ready smart phone.
step 2: launch app in your smartphone and create an account within the app.
step 3: open your web browser and login to your ustream account page.
step 4: click on "go live" on the ustream app and your smart phone will immediately stream your content to your ustream web page. (i.e., http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/9831422 )

Controls:
13-page PDF Manual
Commissioner Notes:
N/A

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
I may end up getting this, depending on how broken it is when I play a friend's copy. I've played and bought the 2K series literally since Day 1 (9/9/99). After the last two years and another featureless demo, I can't do it this year.

Or as The Who would say . . .

If I play again, I'd like the Celts. 360 league.

charsace

I love how people are picking teams when they do team drafts for the 2k leagues. And the only people that get to even choose they want outside the draft are vets and only in certain situations. For example DCX gets the knicks because he always plays with them and has earned the right to get his hands on a good knicks team.

Kai

Sign me up for Xbox 360. I would prefer in order:

Lakers
Heat
Bulls
Orlando
Boston
New Orleans
Dallas

ecnal

:lol :lol

Sorry kai, now that pheenix and cerrius are gone, a true lifelong heat fan like myself can use my beloved team online.

Smokey

charsace said:
I love how people are picking teams when they do team drafts for the 2k leagues. And the only people that get to even choose they want outside the draft are vets and only in certain situations. For example DCX gets the knicks because he always plays with them and has earned the right to get his hands on a good knicks team.

This is true. Vets get to go first (although the majority are actual fans of the team they pick) and then the rookies will get their go.

ecnal said:
:lol :lol

Sorry kai, now that pheenix and cerrius are gone, a true lifelong heat fan like myself can use my beloved team online.

i've been a heat fan since craig neal and rony seikaly were on the team so i should get the heat

i have a 360 and i'm a heat fan and i've never gotten to use them day one. and smokey said they're mine. so they're mine.

Mrbob

X360 league here. Can i get Oklahoma City? I need a good team just to try and compete. I'm terribad at NBA2k.

Smokey

name: Smokey
name: DCX
name: LukeSmith
name: Birdman02
name: ecnal
name: Charsace
name: jobber
name: DY_nasty
name: makaveli13
name: konex
name: Dark FaZe
name: Nightz
name: Baby Milo
name: CB3
name: FMT
name: Sanjuro Tsubaki
name: DMczaf
name: LiveWire
name: anachronous_one
name: kai
name: mrbob
name: Vestal
name: snack
name: truelize
name:
pheeniks

dk_ said:
So why did Take2 not include Move support in the demo?
Because it probably sucks.

Anyone remember when they came out with their first version of NBA 2Kn for the PS3 . . . they put in some thing where you could do a free-throw by mimicking the action of a free-throw with the Sony 3-Axis motion controller (or what ever that controller was called).

Any one ever talk about the feature again? Anyone use it? Anyone care? Bueller? Bueller? . . .

DCX

DCX
charsace said:
amd_knicks_celebrate2.jpg

:)

DCX

Smokey

name: Smokey
name: DCX
name: LukeSmith
name: Birdman02
name: ecnal
name: Charsace
name: jobber
name: DY_nasty
name: makaveli13
name: konex
name: Dark FaZe
name: Nightz
name: Baby Milo
name: CB3
name: FMT
name: Sanjuro Tsubaki
name: DMczaf
name: LiveWire
name: anachronous_one
name: kai
name: mrbob
name: Vestal
name: snack
name: truelize
name:
pheeniks
name: daw

Quite a bit of people although the final number may be smaller since new players can sometime be suspect...hope that's not the case here though.

Smokey

Now that True is back, the drama of 2k leagues will reach record heights. Vets mixed with newcomers will result in some interesting battles:lol

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
Now that True is back, the drama of 2k leagues will reach record heights. Vets mixed with newcomers will result in some interesting battles:lol
I expect nothing but the best.....

..the best drama that is :)

I hope i can retain my mod status, if not i'd gladly give it up for Tru's return :)

DCX

Top Bottom