• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 |OT| The Greatest of All Time | Reviews | PS3/360 League Sign-Up

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
charsace said:
No Lebroad lol.

Yeah I know I know. Hoping to get a good balanced team I can put up some good competition with. I only ever played with the Cavs because Bron was such a beast and it was fun having him. But I have never had any loyalty to the Cavs. I'm a Suns and Jazz fan first. Mavs second. And a Ray Allen fan third.

DCX said:
I expect nothing but the best.....

..the best drama that is :)

I hope i can retain my mod status, if not i'd gladly give it up for Tru's return :)

DCX

I don't think I'm interested in being a co-commish or anything guys. I will help reset games and such if I'm around but my life is way too busy to be worried about all that involves helping run a league like this.
Totally appreciate the offer though. Much respect DCX.

Smokey

Truelize said:
Yeah I know I know. Hoping to get a good balanced team I can put up some good competition with. I only ever played with the Cavs because Bron was such a beast and it was fun having him.

Honesty will set you free!

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
Yeah I know I know. Hoping to get a good balanced team I can put up some good competition with. I only ever played with the Cavs because Bron was such a beast and it was fun having him. But I have never had any loyalty to the Cavs. I'm a Suns and Jazz fan first. Mavs second. And a Ray Allen fan third.

I don't think I'm interested in being a co-commish or anything guys. I will help reset games and such if I'm around but my life is way too busy to be worried about all that involves helping run a league like this.
MlgRLzY1yjmy8mrnwWpjvJ3Qo1_500.jpg

DCX

ecnal

Truelize said:

what. the. fuck.

my mind is blown... i thought you were like one of the only lifelong cavs fans. :lol

charsace

Truelize said:

lol wtf I thought you was a cavs fan? Some Crying Games shit going on.

ecnal

i feel conned.

we gave true the cavs every season to appease him, and all he really wanted to do was cheese us with bonbon. :lol

Smokey

ecnal said:
i feel conned.

we gave true the cavs every season to appease him, and all he really wanted to do was cheese us with bonbon. :lol

this is pretty funny:lol .

true is coming clean and wishing for a fresh start!

Smokey said:
Now that True is back, the drama of 2k leagues will reach record heights. Vets mixed with newcomers will result in some interesting battles:lol
bitch please, you can't spell drama without viakado.

edit: updated player list to OP.
ps3 players, the more that joins, the bigger the pot :D

pilonv1

ecnal said:
i feel conned.

I was about to post some of those stupid PIP games LeBron had last season but then I worked out azn had them and not True.

Anyway bonus

332cchs.jpg

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Looks like no one posted yet, but the achievements for 2k11 are up

http://www.operationsports.com/feature.php?id=1133

Online achievements :mad:
Code:
Title: Swat and Swipe
Detail: Record at least 5 blocks and 5 steals with any team

Title: Smothering
Detail: Hold the opposing teams FG% below 40% with any team

Title: Givith and Taketh Away
Detail: Record 10 or more rebounds and assists with any player

Title: Hold the Fat Lady
Detail: Start the 4th period losing by 10 or more points and win the game with any team

Title: Wire to Wire
Detail: Do not allow your opponent to lead the game at any point with any team

Title: 4-Point Line
Detail: Pull off a successful 4-point play with any player

Title: Not Over Yet
Detail: Make a 3-point shot at the end of regulation to send the game into overtime

Title: The Closer
Detail: Hold the opposing team to zero points in the final two minutes of the game

Title: G Performance
Detail: Score at least 48 points with Kevin Durant to set a new career high

Title: G Dominance
Detail: Win by at least 50 points with any team

Title: G Recovery
Detail: Play an entire game using manual substitutions

Title: Air Apparent
Detail: Unlock all 40 Air Jordans

Title: Another Day, Another Win
Detail: Win 5 NBA Today matchups

Title: Live the Dream
Detail: Complete all of the Jordan Moments challenges

Title: Streaking
Detail: Win 5 games in a row in The Association mode (playing all 5 games)

Title: Home Court
Detail: Earn the NBAs best record in The Association mode (at least 30 games played)

Title: Ticker Tape
Detail: Win an NBA Championship in The Association mode (playing every playoff game)

Title: Sprite Slam Dunk Showdown
Detail: Beat LeBron James in the Sprite Slam Dunk Showdown

Title: Top Trey
Detail: Win the Sprite Blacktop 3pt Shootout

Title: Birthday
Detail: Create-a-Player

Title: Hey Mr. DJ
Detail: Create a 2K Beats Playlist

Title: This One Counts
Detail: Win one online ranked match

Title: Back to Back to Back
Detail: Win 3 ranked matches in a row

Title: Youre Officially Hot
Detail: Win 5 ranked matches in a row

Title: Lincoln
Detail: Win 5 ranked matches total

Title: Hamilton
Detail: Win 10 ranked matches total

Title: Jackson
Detail: Win 20 ranked matches total

Title: All for One
Detail: Win one online crew game

Title: Teamwork
Detail: Win one online pick-up game

Title: One for All
Detail: Earn a positive Teammate Rating in the online Team Mode

Title: Its Better to Give
Detail: Share any file type through 2K Share

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ecnal said:
what. the. fuck.

my mind is blown... i thought you were like one of the only lifelong cavs fans. :lol

:lol

ecnal said:
i feel conned.

:lol:lol

You guys are awesome. I thought I was pretty clear in my conversations that I liked playing with Lebron, not that I was a Cavs fan. I was a Bron fan. Was. But really for a beastly as he was at times, his shot release was garbage for me.

And no one "gave" me anyone. I was a well seasoned vet. I took the Cavs. :D

thomasbk

I want in on the PS3 League! I havent played a bball game since like 2005 but I think its time for a comeback!

I'll take the Jazz if available and we're picking teams already!

Edit: Ok the Jazz are taken, so I'll take any team that no one wants!

ecnal

thomasbk said:
I want in on the PS3 League! I havent played a bball game since like 2005 but I think its time for a comeback!

you're in luck, the knicks are still available!

thomasbk said:

wonderful.
let's get to at least 16 players for ps3 league people!

btothekw

im down for the ps3 league, dont know if i can do the money part, it cheap enough buy in maybe

golden state warriors what up!

ecnal

FYI, for anyone interested (smokey), you can go on 2K's community site and filter 2K11 leagues already--there are a handful of leagues up already that you can look at.

good way to see how this year's format will look. also a good way to get a sneak peek at some of the ratings.

from what i can tell, it looks nearly identical to 2k10/2k9's league pages :lol

*crosses fingers that leagues really work this year*

Smokey

ecnal said:
FYI, for anyone interested (smokey), you can go on 2K's community site and filter 2K11 leagues already--there are a handful of leagues up already that you can look at.

good way to see how this year's format will look. also a good way to get a sneak peek at some of the ratings.

from what i can tell, it looks nearly identical to 2k10/2k9's league pages :lol

*crosses fingers that leagues really work this year*

thanks i'll give em a look. the look of the league pages has been more than enough, that's never been the problem!

And the leagues did work...but playoffs didn't lolol

ecnal

Smokey said:
thanks i'll give em a look. the look of the league pages has been more than enough, that's never been the problem!

And the leagues did work...but playoffs didn't lolol

well there is a good sign:

there are 2 leagues in the playoffs with actual user played games showing completion.

only 4 teams in each league tho, and it looks like they're just simming a couple games and playing a user game to see if it works... hopefully full leagues with 16 teams in the first round actually works.

btothekw said:
im down for the ps3 league, dont know if i can do the money part, it cheap enough buy in maybe

golden state warriors what up!
just a humble $20.
and as commish i'll contribute $50 on top of the collective pot.

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
pilonv1 said:
Blackace and I are going to start an Asian-Pacific splinter league

I was about to ask if anyone was going to do this. PS3 / 360? I'll have to keep an eye out at the import shop here in Osaka.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
pilonv1 said:
Blackace and I are going to start an Asian-Pacific splinter league

full 30 teams.. 15 for me 15 for pilonv1

its going to rock..

Also I only play NBA on the 360 :(

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
ecnal said:
you playing in the 360 league blackace?

There is nothing more I would enjoy.. but alas I dont want to hold up the league with the Japan time vs the US time...

maybe in a later league...

pilonv1

Ratba said:
I was about to ask if anyone was going to do this. PS3 / 360? I'll have to keep an eye out at the import shop here in Osaka.

I've been playing in a 360 sim league with a bunch of Aussies, so I probably won't be involved in any GAF leagues this year.

pilonv1 said:
Thank god they stopped those stupid player specific achievements (Durant one aside).
Well it looks like there is a some type of Michael Jordan achievement. Don't know what 'unlocking Air Jordans' means though. It can't be a hunt to find shoes.

SamuraiX-

speculawyer said:
Well it looks like there is a some type of Michael Jordan achievement. Don't know what 'unlocking Air Jordans' means though. It can't be a hunt to find shoes.

I think it is. :lol

I remember 2K talking about as you advance in the Jordan mode you can unlock all of his signature kicks by completing the challenge objectives.

SamuraiX- said:
I think it is. :lol

I remember 2K talking about as you advance in the Jordan mode you can unlock all of his signature kicks by completing the challenge objectives.

D: space jams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

i might get the 360 copy from goozex :lol so it would take a couple weeks :p

as much as i hate playing with randoms, i prob will

johnny_park said:
I want in on the ps3 league.
great.
assuming everyone is willing to contribute to the pot with a $20 buy-in,
the current pot stands at $310.00 US Dollars
If the league gets full, the potential pot will rise to $630 US Dollars.
($20 x 30 Team + $50 commish buy-in)=$630.00

viakado said:
great.

i'm sure there won't be any drama in the ps3 league, what with there being money involved i can't envision a scenario where someone feels that they were cheesed and lost

Smokey

viakado said:
great.

If it does get that high I will rent the game on PS3, win your pot and add it to the 360 league for additional money. Then post Umad.gifs all up and down the thread.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm sure there won't be any drama in the ps3 league, what with there being money involved i can't envision a scenario where someone feels that they were cheesed and lost

FrenchMovieTheme said:
this is where i will succeed as commish and where smokey failed miserably.
i will forge the greatest 2K season ever.

Smokey said:
If it does get that high I will rent the game on PS3, win your pot and add it to the 360 league for additional money. Then post Umad.gifs all up and down the thread.

:lol :lol

pilonv1

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Luckily there's a reputable commissioner running it.

Top Bottom