• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 PS3 League | Season 1 | Real Money. Real Talk

sweet. 15 signed in. 3 to go.

Seattle6418 - Knicks
borghe - bulls

if Seattle can sign in tonight, I'll sign in for borghe (bulls) and someone else can sign for the 18th team which will be a cpu if frankman gets too chicken shit to join our league. We can at least activate league where we can play scrimmage under league settings and send/recieve trades.

final team list.
Code:
[B][U][B][U]Gaf Handle             Team                      PSN                   AIM[/U][/B] [/U][/B]
1. viakado*†           Lakers                    LeCorleones           viakado
2. Purexed*            Thunder                   ProfessaSkillz
3. Diddybop*†          Celtics                   spgotnext             spgotnext 
4. rinse82*†           Heat                      rinse82               rinse82
5. pistolpete2940*†    Nets                      pistolpete294         kissmyairsbum
6. Dmncnby2k9*†        jazz                      Dmncnby2k8            itzdaro13
7. thomasbk*†          rockets                   TBKkiller
8. SamuraiX-           Kings                     SamuraiX-             SamuraiX780
9. 3rdamention         pacers                    Filth_Flannigan
10. Big Baybee*†       hornets                   Big_Baybee            bigbaybee225
11. btothekw           warriors                  btothekw              btothekw
12. thauoftkidd*       magic                     thauoftkidd           thauoftkiddPS3
13. Seattle6418*†      Knicks                    FASJ6418
14. johnny_park        grizzlies                 johnny_park
15. MorisUkunRasik*†   blazers                   Kursk
16. borghe*            bulls                     camel75slayer
17. RDreamer           Bucks                     RDreamer              r4dikaldre4mer
18. CPU                Mavericks                               

*asterisk next to name indicates paypal participant.
† indicates paypal payment received.

I signed in earlier.

Can you guys see me in the page?

I saw all the names there. Only two people left to sign.

One thing has been bothering me about this game. Everything feels slugish and slow online. I´m playing from Brazil, so i know my ping is always bad, but seriously, guarding the ball is almost impossible to me. By the time i tried to react to what was showing up on the screen, i had already given up a wide open J.

I´m sure thauoftkidd noticed while we played, and i´m sure something is wrong. So when you are playing against me, consider this, "the garden mystique". I had hopes international play would be fine this time, but no good. I keep trying to get ranked games, and sometimes i spent five minutes trying to get a game and nothing. Also my records don´t show up online (would be 1-6 or something).

Any tips to compensate for the lag?

See you guys tomorrow on the court. I´ll add names and try to get at least two games played. (we can do that right?).

RDreamer

seattle6418 said:
I signed in earlier.

One thing has been bothering me about this game. Everything feels slugish and slow online. I´m playing from Brazil, so i know my ping is always bad, but seriously, guarding the ball is almost impossible to me. By the time i tried to react to what was showing up on the screen, i had already given up a wide open J.

I´m sure thauoftkidd noticed while we played, and i´m sure something is wrong. So when you are playing against me, consider this, "the garden mystique". I had hopes international play would be fine this time, but no good. I keep trying to get ranked games, and sometimes i spent five minutes trying to get a game and nothing. Also my records don´t show up online (would be 1-6 or something).

See you guys tomorrow on the court. I´ll add names and try to get at least two games played. (we can do that right?).

The game online feels really floaty and weird for me too, and I'm pretty bad as hell at guarding normally, and way worse online.

seattle6418 said:
I signed in earlier.

there has always been latency playing on 2k servers. its just a matter of adjusting your button timing. basically my advice is dont react to every movement. learn to move the move stick only when the ballhandler actually takes a couple of steps or more. if you are close enough, you will glue yourself to the ballhandler with various collision animations. Anticipation is also huge this time around.
When it comes to shooting, its basically just releasing the shot earlier.
Plus as you play league games, you'll notice the overall player speed will be a bit lower (minus 2 from sim sliders to be exact).

so anyways, two signups left. borghe and team 18. i'll sign in for borghe with my second account. does anyone else have a second account they can sign in with the 18th and final team?

alright, just got word from Diddy that Borghe is signing in tonight.
League launches tonight, bitches.

BTW here's the questionnaire, everyone has to fill out after every single game.
shouldn't take you no more than a minute to fill out.
want my $50? play fair and vote fair!
Sportsmanship Award Questionnaire

Rules will be finalized tonight as well. i'll post all of it once league is launched.

ps- i still didn't receive paypal buy-ins from a few of you. let me know if you're still in or out.
current Amount recieved: $160 US

The league site is showing 18 users but it says the schedule hasn't been generated yet. Also, for some reason, the Gaming conference has 10 teams, and the Off-topic conference has 8. Does that mean that everyone in the OT get in the playoffs by default?

pistolpete2940 said:
The league site is showing 18 users but it says the schedule hasn't been generated yet. Also, for some reason, the Gaming conference has 10 teams, and the Off-topic conference has 8. Does that mean that everyone in the OT get in the playoffs by default?
i just got home and just saw that borghe signed in. i have to launch league manually
let me finalize the conferences and were ready to launch

please review rules.

Prizes:
Season 1 Champion: 100% of pot minus $20
Finals loser: receives $20 as a consolation prize
Current Pot: $240 US
Sportsmanship Award: Receives a $50 Gift Card, courtesy of the Commish. Based on highest player feedback score. Feedback Form Here
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules:

Points in the Paint PIP:
What we refer to as Dynamic points in the paint. League players shall not exceed no greater and equal to 50.9% of your total points.
Breaking this rule is an automatic loss.
i.e: if your total score is 100pts, your pip shall not exceed 50pts in the paint.
Grace points: You are allowed 4pts above 50.9% barrier.

Manual Defense:
You must guard the ball handler at all times. If you are playing any type of zone, you must be the defender closest to the ball handler.

Types of Defense:
Any type of defense is allowed except for full court press.
Full Court Press is only allowed in the final 5 minutes of the game.
Let your opponent cross the midcourt line.

Trading:
No trading restrictions at this time.

Scoring Average:
Any player in the league shall not exceed his scoring average to no more or equal to 26.9PPG. You can still score 80pts in a single game. But if any single player on your squad exceeds the 26.9PPG barrier after the last game of the season, the team the player is on will forfeit his playoff eligibility. In the event this occurs, the team with the next best record in the same conference will take your place.

Game Forfeiting:
Communicating with your next opponent is vital. You MUST inform your weekly opponents when you are available by posting in this same league thread at least once. Failure to finish a game and not post in this thread is an automatic loss in any missed games. If both parties fail to post in this thread, i will have the duty of flipping the coin on who gets the loss.
Everyone has busy lives to live, please respect other people's time by giving your opponents the heads up on your availability.

Free Agents:
Free agents are not allowed to be picked up until AFTER end of the 3rd week.
team with the worst records gets first pick. 2nd worst record gets 2nd pick, and so forth

Sportsmanship Feedbacks:
Everyone must fill out the feedback questionnaire. its only 6 questions. it'll take 10seconds to submit.
player with the highest rated feedback scores gets $50. you lose eligibility if you miss more than 4 feedbacks. if you dont miss a single feedback in a week. you are rewarded with 1 full point.

changes in red.

ok gents, let's rock and roll.
xbcldk.jpg

rinse82

Looking to move Wade for a C and PG in the 80's

So Wade + a player in the 70's for a C and PG package both rated in the 80's

Open to negotiation

Week: 1
New Jersey Nets
@ Golden State Warriors
Oklahoma City
@ Chicago Bulls
Utah Jazz

if anyone is up for a game tonight PM me. On here or through PSN, ID: Kursk.

rinse82

@ Houston Rockets
New Orleans Hornets
@ New York Knicks
Dallas Mavericks
@ Orlando Magic

anyone wanna play? pm or aim me rinse82

Week 1
@ orl
@ sac
Lal
@ Bos
Mil

Pm me thru here or psn. If I'm watching netflix or playing another game I'll quit it and play you.

I just lost.....to the Nets....Not the best idea not to practice online with your team. Going from no lag Jordan challenge to online with Blazers is a drop off. No excuses though, despite that I played like shit and Pete deserved the win gg.

MorisUkunRasik said:
I just lost.....to the Nets....Not the best idea not to practice online with your team. Going from no lag Jordan challenge to online with Blazers is a drop off. No excuses though, despite that I played like shit and Pete deserved the win gg.
wanna scrim? i'm interested in oden. i want to see how he plays.

MorisUkunRasik said:

Good game man, dont feel bad though, Nets are taking it this year *serious face*

SamuraiX-

@ Chicago Bulls
Memphis Grizzlies
@ Utah Jazz
Los Angeles Lakers
@ Indiana Pacers

PSN: SamuraiX-

I should be free tomorrow after 6 (PST) or Thursday. PM me here or hit me up on PSN. Let me know whenever you guys are free.

So we have to finish all our games before Wednesday next week?

MorisUkunRasik said:
New Jersey Nets
@ Golden State Warriors
Oklahoma City
@ Chicago Bulls
Utah Jazz

if anyone is up for a game tonight PM me. On here or through PSN, ID: Kursk.

Golden State, OKC, Bulls, Jazz. Not free tomorrow but Thursday and Friday I'm good 6pm -10pm PST

Orlando Magic
@ Memphis Grizzlies
@ Sacramento Kings

im usually home by 6pm pst every evening.
hit me up if your available tomorrow.

SamuraiX- said:
So we have to finish all our games before Wednesday next week?
correct. if you miss a game, 2k randomizes all missed game that week before we move on to the following week. If you're MIA and your opponent has been trying to get a hold of you (aka if you borghe your opponent), i'll happily assign you the loss.
read the rules on on game forfeiting, especially in red.
Btw, i have you this week. let's play tomorrow after six.

Game Forfeiting:
Communicating with your next opponent is vital. You MUST inform your weekly opponents when you are available by posting in this same league thread at least once. Failure to finish a game and not post in this thread is an automatic loss in any missed games. If both parties fail to post in this thread, i will have the duty of flipping the coin on who gets the loss.
Everyone has busy lives to live, please respect other people's time by giving your opponents the heads up on your availability.

paypal:

im assuming everyone that has wanted to be on the paypal has already made payments.
the pot stands at $160.00

RDreamer

Big Baybee said:
RDreamer...........when you want to do this?

Well I'm free tonight from 3PM to 7:30 and then from 9 until 10:30 (central), and then Thursday past 5 central. (though my wife might kill me if I play during Community and The Office). I'm off Friday, but have a dinner thing with my family a bit later, at probably 4:30 central. And I'm off Saturday. Sunday I'm free from 2:30 central until the Packer game at 8 central.

This's my schedule:
@ New Orleans Hornets
New York Knicks
@ Dallas Mavericks
Orlando Magic
@ Memphis Grizzlies

So If you're on my list, that's my availability.

rinse82

@ Houston Rockets
New Orleans Hornets
@ New York Knicks
Dallas Mavericks
@ Orlando Magic

Superfriends will be available tonight after 9pm EST to get some games in.

Get at me dogs.

AIM/PSN: rinse82

RDreamer said:
Well I'm free tonight from 3PM to 7:30 and then from 9 until 10:30 (central), and then Thursday past 5 central. (though my wife might kill me if I play during Community and The Office). I'm off Friday, but have a dinner thing with my family a bit later, at probably 4:30 central. And I'm off Saturday. Sunday I'm free from 2:30 central until the Packer game at 8 central.

This's my schedule:
@ New Orleans Hornets
New York Knicks
@ Dallas Mavericks
Orlando Magic
@ Memphis Grizzlies

So If you're on my list, that's my availability.
Today at 3pm central would be great.

Played the Celtics last night. Thought things were going good, at one point i was up 24-18, but then i got struck by Ray Allen, and things went bad.

It was better than some of my other online experiences, i feel like i´m getting the timing better.

The Knicks are a weird team, i ended up using a lot of screens to try to get some spacing, but the offense seems out of sync. Azabuike laid an egg, and so did a few others. Only Amare and Failton had decent games.

I changed coach settings trying to push the tempo, but got zero fastbreak points. (i hate the ongoing glitch of players jumping and stopping to receive passes on fastbreaks. I can´t believe in 11 years in 2K still hasn´t figure it out how to fix this shit).

Also, my players got lost on screens and there´s a slight delay once you switch to guard the ball handler. It´s like he has the first step on you already. I need to make adjustments there.

One more thing: scores are way too low on 9 minutes. My game ended up 49-61.

----------

Hey folks, i´ll be on a business trip from friday thru sunday, so i need to get my games done tonight and tomorrow. I´ll be home and online from 5pm EST, 2pm PST. (7pm on my local time).

Let me know if the ping on my games is getting in the way of the games. (i´m playing from Brazil, so i believe games with me will be a tad different).

I just realized, after seeing some other box scores, that some games are being played on 9 minute quarters, instead of 10.

What could be causing that?

I thought the league settings were saved and we didn´t need to change it... so apparently we have to set options before each challenge? I´m a little confused.

seattle6418 said:
I just realized, after seeing some other box scores, that some games are being played on 9 minute quarters, instead of 10.

What could be causing that?

I thought the league settings were saved and we didn´t need to change it... so apparently we have to set options before each challenge? I´m a little confused.
holy shit you're right.:lol
some games are 9mins.
some are 10mins.
another bug. fuck you 2k.
1zvtsty.jpg

Top Bottom