• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 PS3 League | Season 1 | Real Money. Real Talk

Had a nice game with the Warriors last night. I got up 15 points, he cut it to 1. Got up 10 points, he cut it to 1. I got up 10 again, he cut it to 1. He was a great player, didn't foul a bunch. As a matter of fact, there were 4 foul shots the whole game, all 4 by me.

Just a warning, the Warriors are very hard to put away with those shooters. Ellis went off in the second half while Grangers struggled a bit after scoring 16 in the first half. Ellis finished with 20 and Granger with 25 (to lead the league in scoring after one game, lol).

I look forward to getting another game in tonight, then I am going to play some New Vegas.

OH yeah, as for the defense. I was running a 2-3 zone and running around inside the perimeter/3point arc with Hibbert trying to trap. So it was more of a 2-1-2 trapping zone hybrid. Is that legal or not? I want to be fair but there are so many rules to follow I didn't enjoy the game as much since I was trying to figure out the Points in the Paint and stuff. That probably needs to be changed up a bit. Feels like I am managing my score more than playing to score.

rinse82 said:
:lol :lol

How does that happen I dont even,.....
there's another bug where if you have admin access to the 2ksports.com league site, you can change league settings and sliders. apparently the new changes you've made in the site doesn't sync properly with in game sliders/settings, so now we have playoff series at best of 1. fucking aye:lol

Smokey

viakado said:
there's another bug where if you have admin access to the 2ksports.com league site, you can change league settings and sliders. apparently the new changes you've made in the site doesn't sync properly with in game sliders/settings, so now we have playoff series at best of 1. fucking aye:lol

Forgot to mention that to ya. I figured that out in 2k10. Don't do any slider changes online...it'll fuck you up in game.

3rdamention said:
OH yeah, as for the defense. I was running a 2-3 zone and running around inside the perimeter/3point arc with Hibbert trying to trap. So it was more of a 2-1-2 trapping zone hybrid. Is that legal or not? I want to be fair but there are so many rules to follow I didn't enjoy the game as much since I was trying to figure out the Points in the Paint and stuff. That probably needs to be changed up a bit. Feels like I am managing my score more than playing to score.

It's there to stop people from spam dunking in the paint all day. In the end if you take advantage of the mid range game and open shots, you should have no problem staying under PIP. Just play..you will adjust. There is still plenty of room to do scoring in the paint.

Ok, we have a problem. I just noticed that in my opening 77-70 win, I had 51% of my points in the paint, but the cut off is 50.9%. Nearly a third of my shots 18 out of 63 shots were 3 point shots and I am sure my opponent can attest that I was shooting outside a lot, finishing 8/18 from 3 point land.

Is there a commissioner over ruling here or is my game forfeited? Or do you look at the survey my opponent filled out?

I am just wondering. We were pausing the game like every 5 minutes and checking those stats to make sure we didn't go over the 50.9 % but I didn't have a freaking calculator or anything to determine the exact percentage. Just wondering.

3rdamention said:
Ok, we have a problem. I just noticed that in my opening 77-70 win, I had 51% of my points in the paint, but the cut off is 50.9%. Nearly a third of my shots 18 out of 63 shots were 3 point shots and I am sure my opponent can attest that I was shooting outside a lot, finishing 8/18 from 3 point land.

Is there a commissioner over ruling here or is my game forfeited? Or do you look at the survey my opponent filled out?

I am just wondering. We were pausing the game like every 5 minutes and checking those stats to make sure we didn't go over the 50.9 % but I didn't have a freaking calculator or anything to determine the exact percentage. Just wondering.
I thought it was 50.9% + 2.

3rdamention said:

4 grace points above 50.9%. You're good

Fuck. Too many bugs. Who's against a reboot?
Not messing with the sliders on the site should fix the issues.

btothekw

3rdamention said:

viakado, you are fast man!

viakado said:
4 grace points above 50.9%. You're good

Fuck. Too many bugs. Who's against a reboot?
Not messing with the sliders on the site should fix the issues.
Can you just change the settings without starting over?

DiddyBop

We should do a reboot. Games that were already won/lost would be simmed as such whenever those two teams meet during the new schedule. Either that or a complete clean reboot

DiddyBop

DiddyBop said:
We should do a reboot. Games that were already won/lost would be simmed as such whenever those two teams meet during the new schedule. Either that or a complete clean reboot

here ya go

As for completed games, could you manually set the wins and losses to reflect the league pre-reset?

I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't feel right starting from scratch when Pistolpete clearly deserves his W against me.

Do we have to rejoin the league?

Edit: Viakado, Is it possible that you started this league with an older set of rosters. Looking at the Nets roster at the team select screen and it shows Sean May on our team even though we cut him.

pistolpete2940 said:
Do we have to rejoin the league?

Edit: Viakado, Is it possible that you started this league with an older set of rosters. Looking at the Nets roster at the team select screen and it shows Sean May on our team even though we cut him.
dont know, i have the latest roster update.
IIRC, when i create league, the screen says its downloading roster from 2k servers so i have no control over that. and yes you have to rejoin league.
DiddyBop said:
here ya go
thats fine. any objections?

Smokey said:
Forgot to mention that to ya. I figured that out in 2k10. Don't do any slider changes online...it'll fuck you up in game.
how convenient that you forgot. this is the problem gents. i knew i could blame smokey somehow.

3rdamention said:
I am with the majority over whether or not we replay the games. It would be nice to get the win and move on, if, the commissioner can simulate those games to get the correct person to win.

I will rejoin up tonight. Peace.

yeah i can assign wins.

I am with the majority over whether or not we replay the games. It would be nice to get the win and move on, if, the commissioner can simulate those games to get the correct person to win.

I will rejoin up tonight. Peace.

rinse82 said:
dang, hopefully everybody rejoins the league quick. was hoping to get some games in tonight.

Me too. I´m heading over to rejoin, and hopefully we´ll be able to play some games.

Also, the completed games shouldn´t be replayed, the guys that won deserve the wins.

i say we let those two chumps duke it out for the final spot.
i'd rather have the final spot filled than by a cpu.
if a gaffer decides to join later on, i'll boot them and say..
21j4n7d.jpg

i'll boot them for now and brief them on league rules and how shit goes down in here if they're still interested.

alright, assuming if Thomasbk, Purexed, MorisUkun are going to sign in tonight, pistolpete will sign in for borghe as the bulls. that mean's we can launch this bitch tonight, gents.

alright. everyone is signed in.
league is a go go go!!

@ New Orleans Hornets
Dallas Mavericks
@ Utah Jazz
@ Houston Rockets
Oklahoma City

edit: if you play the mavs, i just got an email from one of the mystery users and would still like to join. obviously, he'll take over the mavs. i'll inform of his contact info and such. hopefully he joins soon so i won have to sim those games

Top Bottom