• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 PS3 League | Season 1 | Real Money. Real Talk

DiddyBop

SamuraiX- said:
Yeah, let's go. Sorry. I didn't realize the league was up already. :lol
finish up your game and get in the league lobby. also ill be needing dante green plz and thanks. big baby and marquis daniels for green and trash

Purexed

Banned
viakado said:
yes it does. :lol
gg shawn.

GG Kado, I'd like to try and play again when we're both used to the sim settings. For the early part of the game it was tough to adjust to the slower pace and the lag. From the second quarter on, I figured out how to compensate and hit open shots. In my view, I got adjusted quicker and that was the difference in the game.

DiddyBop

GG Samurai, was close throughout until Allen decided to wake up and hit some timely 3s in the 4th. fuckin landry is unreal in this game:lol

Purexed

Banned
GG Big Baby! Chris Paul is faster than Westbrook, took me some time getting used to his ability off the dribble.

I'll be around to play more games tomorrow night guys. Holler!

Well, I got thrashed by professaskillz. He ran away with it in the 2nd half. Like I said, everyone is up for trade on my team except cp3. I need a swingman that isn't useless like Ariza. I need to get the timing right on CP3's jumpshot online. Lag was throwing me waaaaaaaaay off and I missed a BUNCH of wide open shots.

GG homie!

SamuraiX-

DiddyBop said:
GG Samurai, was close throughout until Allen decided to wake up and hit some timely 3s in the 4th. fuckin landry is unreal in this game:lol

I fucking suck man. Shit was pissing me off to no end. Feel like I can't do shit in this game.

gg though

DiddyBop

Big Baybee said:
Well, I got thrashed by professaskillz. He ran away with it in the 2nd half. Like I said, everyone is up for trade on my team except cp3. I need a swingman that isn't useless like Ariza. I need to get the timing right on CP3's jumpshot online. Lag was throwing me waaaaaaaaay off and I missed a BUNCH of wide open shots.

GG homie!

my downfall in 2k leagues is not being able to adjust for lag, my guys miss wideee open shots all day long it pisses me off.

Purexed

Banned
Remember guys, when in doubt, release the button or stick a millisecond earlier. After time, you'll get adjusted, hang in there. Kado and I shot enough bricks to make a mansion early on, but it gets better.

rinse82

Indiana Pacers
@ Memphis Grizzlies
Portland Blazers
@ Chicago Bulls
Orlando Magic

Who's down to take on the Miami Heat tonight?

RDreamer

Oklahoma City
@ Golden State Warriors
Boston Celtics
@ Indiana Pacers
Memphis Grizzlies

I'm free most of today until 4 central (though I have to go pick up my wife between 1:30 and 2:30 central). Tomorrow I'm free again all day until I pick up my wife between 1:30 and 2:30, and my wife has the TV for Law and Order later between 9 and 10 central. Sunday I'm free from 2:30 until the Packer game at 7. And I don't have my schedule for next week yet, so I have no idea what I'm working Monday (most likely though I'm free after 2:30 central)

RDreamer said:
Oklahoma City
@ Golden State Warriors
Boston Celtics
@ Indiana Pacers
Memphis Grizzlies

I'm free most of today until 4 central (though I have to go pick up my wife between 1:30 and 2:30 central). Tomorrow I'm free again all day until I pick up my wife between 1:30 and 2:30, and my wife has the TV for Law and Order later between 9 and 10 central. Sunday I'm free from 2:30 until the Packer game at 7. And I don't have my schedule for next week yet, so I have no idea what I'm working Monday (most likely though I'm free after 2:30 central)
I can play you at 12 your time.

DiddyBop

RDreamer said:
Oklahoma City
@ Golden State Warriors
Boston Celtics
@ Indiana Pacers
Memphis Grizzlies

Can you play in about an hour?

RDreamer

johnny_park said:
I can play you at 12 your time.

I'm playing Diddy in a few minutes, so that should end at around 12. So, yeah.

Edit: It might be a bit later that I'm done. I'm not sure how long these games normally take total.

SamuraiX-

pistolpete2940 said:
Ranked games fuckin suck. A dude just dropped 46 on me with Melo. 90% of which were dunks off a cut to the basket. -_-

I got cheesed to death in two games last night by Warriors and Knicks teams.

Why the fuck can Stephen Curry dunk?
And apparently every fucking player on the Knicks squad doesn't know the definition of a layup.

RDreamer

I'd say good game to you Diddybop, but that really wasn't a good game on my end at all :lol Congrats on the pretty deafening W

DiddyBop

RDreamer said:
I'd say good game to you Diddybop, but that really wasn't a good game on my end at all :lol Congrats on the pretty deafening W

Naw the game robbed you that 3rd quarter. I wasnt doing anything special defensively, the AI just decided you werent gonna hit any shots that quarter, pretty bs when that happens.

rinse82

SamuraiX- said:
I got cheesed to death in two games last night by Warriors and Knicks teams.

Why the fuck can Stephen Curry dunk?
And apparently every fucking player on the Knicks squad doesn't know the definition of a layup.

Not only does Curry dunk, he does that two foot take-off from a drop-step bigman dunk :lol

SamuraiX-

rinse82 said:
Not only does Curry dunk, he does that two foot take-off from a drop-step bigman dunk :lol

You would think they would patch that shit.

MorisUkunRasik said:
Well my availability just got blown open. Got laid off two hours ago =\

Fuck, man. I'm really sorry to hear that. My wishes go out to you in finding work again soon. Don't give up on it.

SamuraiX-

Why do you want him so bad, if you don't mind me asking? :lol

I'm hesitant to give him up. Mainly because he's a legit backup SF for me, primarily because he helps spread the floor.

And I feel like there's nobody I could use from your roster... I might get back to you though.

johnny_park said:
If you're free tonight I can play or tomorrow early morning or night. Sunday I have a lunch to go to but other than that I can play whenever.

Tonight sounds good, Im around all day except during the Yankee game, which should be from 2-6 PM your time, just let me know on here when you're ready.

DiddyBop

SamuraiX- said:
Why do you want him so bad, if you don't mind me asking? :lol

I'm hesitant to give him up. Mainly because he's a legit backup SF for me, primarily because he helps spread the floor.

And I feel like there's nobody I could use from your roster... I might get back to you though.

i love using him outside of league competition so it would be great to add him to my roster. but yea lemme know

MorisUkunRasik said:
oh wow. thats sucks dude. my condolences. everyone has gone through that at one point in their lives. i suggest you start looking for a job 5 mins ago just to keep mental momentum of work moving. its so easy to lose traction once you lose a job and stay stagnant and depressed about it.

for those that sign up for an account on 2ksports.com, you are able to send and approve/deny trades through the site rather than ingame.
from the league page, there is a drop down menu in the "Trades" header. there are 3 sections:

trade analyzer - to compare player ratings before submitting a trade.
example below
30axbtw.jpg

Proposing trades
example below
6pxg12.jpg

List of pending and completed trades This is where you accept/deny trades.

Any accepted trades, either me or Diddy can approve the trade through the site as well.
and i recommend using private channels like aim or the irc chat to negotiate trades. so much potential cockblocks could be had just by posting your trade requests in this thread.
happy trading gents, and let's do some multi-team trades. whos down?
i know i am!

EDIT:
and just a reminder that the free agent list is also under the TRADES menu. Free agent acquisitions are frozen until the 3rd week of the season. We will have a lottery for free agents. Worst team record gets first pick, 2nd worst record gets second pick, and so on....

Purexed

Banned
MorisUkunRasik said:

Sorry bro, make sure you stay looking and don't get discouraged by the bullshit CNN and company is feeding you about the economy. Times are tough, but there are opportunities out there for efficient seekers. I was a hiring manager for a stint, so if you need help on your resume or advice for interviewing, send me a PM.

Good luck!

viakado said:
alright just received purexed's paypal.
pot stands at $200

champion receives: $180
finals loser: $20
Vik, i was wondering if i could pick earl watson since Jazz have. Nobody wants him anyways

rinse82

for some reason when i go to the propose trade section on the league page, the box for my team is empty (no players)

rinse82

Is there a limit as to how many free agents each team can pick up? With 12 of the NBA teams unused, the FA pool seems pretty rich, arent we all going to end up with stacked teams?

Dmncnby2k9 said:
Vik, i was wondering if i could pick earl watson since Jazz have. Nobody wants him anyways
can't. that would be giving you special treatment for free agents.
on the other hand, whats to say i shouldn't advice you not to tank the first 2 weeks so that you get a higher pick in the free agent lottery pic?

rinse82 said:
Is there a limit as to how many free agents each team can pick up? With 12 of the NBA teams unused, the FA pool seems pretty rich, arent we all going to end up with stacked teams?
you can drop players to gain Free agents as you please.
the draft pool isn't that great, imo. just minor upgrades to the right team.
edit: just looked, yeah you're right, the draft is stacked with the unused teams.
i didn't know about that. i'll talk to diddy on how we should handle this before i make my own decision.

Top Bottom