• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K13 |OT| Because Live is Dead

Brinbe

Wow, fuck that... the PC version is absolutely the superior version, if only for the amazing mods. Guess we'll just have to wait. =(

beason52

Neo Member
what kind of mods does it have on PC? I have no interest and don't have a computer that could run it just curious what is possible...

Fjordson

Yeah, the All-Star stuff being pre-order only is kinda lame. Should just be with all regular copies. I probably won't be able to pick this up Friday (most likely from Best Buy with a gift card).

Unless by pre-order they really just mean the entire first run of the game.

So the digital PC version is really delayed. That sucks.

https://twitter.com/LD2k/status/252832168307482626

If that's true, so dumb. Now a legion of bums will have the retail disc up on torrent sites weeks before we can buy the game digitally and 2K has an excuse to shelve the PC version next year.

I don't want to be stuck with a disc copy (my now primary MacBook Pro doesn't even have a shitty dvd drive), but if that's the only way I can buy the game for the next two weeks I guess I'll have to suck it up.

Good luck, realtalk.

On the 360 side I'll probably put together a GAF league as I've done in years past. Probably wont be a full league, but if there's enough interest in here (8+) I'll set one up. Of course that depends on if this shit even works but we shall see in less than 24 hrs.

bet i still put in work with them against you tho

Am down if it plays well.

I originally had a favorable opinion about this game, but it is waning fast. Playing on AS, I'm starting to see the cpu cheese the fuck out of me. Difficulty levels are killing sports game, it's not about intelligence, its about opportunity. Decision, make or break a game, and I can safely say the cpu is a cutting the line cheesing MF'er.

This game is hampered with on going legacy issues that rival madden. Once you get pass the animations, you are introduce to frustration.

I've been playing since saturday last year was a fuck up and this year is in the same boat. I often shit on Madden, but NBA 2K, deserve some fecal matter all on its face.

MLB the show is the only consistent sim, NBA 2K is Kabuki theather and its sad to say this.

Even the Patch 1.01 can't save this BS.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Looking forward to picking this up on Steam if they have it at a reasonable price like last year!

Smokey

I originally had a favorable opinion about this game, but it is waning fast. Playing on AS, I'm starting to see the cpu cheese the fuck out of me. Difficulty levels are killing sports game, it's not about intelligence, its about opportunity. Decision, make or break a game, and I can safely say the cpu is a cutting the line cheesing MF'er.

This game is hampered with on going legacy issues that rival madden. Once you get pass the animations, you are introduce to frustration.

I've been playing since saturday last year was a fuck up and this year is in the same boat. I often shit on Madden, but NBA 2K, deserve some fecal matter all on its face.

MLB the show is the only consistent sim, NBA 2K is Kabuki theather and its sad to say this.

PLAY ONLINE!

or did you and it failed lol?

what kind of mods does it have on PC? I have no interest and don't have a computer that could run it just curious what is possible...
A lot of it is presentation. Nicer uniform/court/cyberface textures than the default ones is why I love it. Then there's also rosters you can download that have notable teams from previous seasons (roster makers have gone far back to the ABA).

There's also college rosters, superhero rosters, etc. I like the custom scoreboards as well (made to look like TNT, ESPN, or NBA).

That's pretty much it and if you have a good PC it will look and perform better too... All for a cheaper price. Sucks that the all-star stuff isn't on PC though.

Misterhbk

I think Durant is a perfect choice. Arguably right up there with Lebron and way more likable. Sort of agree about the other two, though. Especially Griffin.

Still don't understand this mindset on Griffin. Dude avg, near 20 points and game and double digit rebounds in his rookie year. Something that hasn't been done since shaq was a rookie. The first rookie voted into the all star game since Tim Duncan. Dude is legit.

You may not like that he leads the league in dunks but he's doing work. Only been in the league for 2 years so his potential is through the fucking roof.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Can you do an online association with just two people?

This year we had to hand a ghetto usb stick back and forth to do it.

Why they wait for this year to add the 00-01 Sixers :( I got it last year and thought that is the one team I would have wanted (was a huge Sixers fan back then), but I have no other reason to upgrade from 2k12...

Guess the marketing people found my demographic lol

Babalu.

does anyone know if you get the pre order stuff if you pre order from newegg? it doesn't list it on the site. need to know quick

Bullza2o

does anyone know if you get the pre order stuff if you pre order from newegg? it doesn't list it on the site. need to know quick
i dont think so. I preordered there and I have not gotten any notification about it and it shipped already.

I thought the all-star dlc was just timed and will be available when the real event comes.

jwhit28

I'm definitely not picking this up until around Black Friday. I just don't see myself playing it much between NCAA Football, X-com, and Torchlight 2.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.

It's like that in all sports games and quite frankly it's turning me off on the entire genre as i grow tired of the antics of online players in the co-op modes. I can go into great length about AI cheating and bad Difficulty code in so many sports games. Like with the Show, I quit playing once I was able to collect data proved that in some games my RTTS pitcher was given unbelievably stacked odds against him. I restarted a career game three times and Ryan Howard homered on me every time. He hadn't been all that dangerous before, but on that day there was no getting around it without walking him. I got annoyed and quit playing till the next year. The very next year it happened again and I knew that was just how the game played. It's always been like that but I just let it go because every sports game has those "get smashed by random team for no reason" games. But to actually get data to know exactly how it works....Just killed the game for me. In other games maybe you can use skill to wiggle around it, but in the Show it's all about numbers. If the ball drifts in reach of him in or out of the zone, there's a very high fixed chance of him going yard. No way around it. No way i'm ever playing the show again.

beason52

Neo Member
With modes like Muplayer and Road to the show, I like to skip a year because it takes so long to get deep into it. Pretty excited for the changes they've made since 2k11.

Just waiting for the SCEA digital release..

Edit: mods for presentation styles sound great. now that is cool

KNICKS

Novak – Corner 3(if open)
Thomas –Very Old Brick Wall
Camby – I'm getting to old for this shit defender
Felton – Cupcake aficionado, Donut Dunker
Brewer- Can't shoot won't shoot
Jr Smith – 10x cray
Chandler – Angry glowering power
Shumpert – My knee!
Kidd – Drunk driver
Stoudemire – Disgruntled fire fighter
Anthony – Shot taker(all of them)

Fixed......(-_-)

Fjordson

Still don't understand this mindset on Griffin. Dude avg, near 20 points and game and double digit rebounds in his rookie year. Something that hasn't been done since shaq was a rookie. The first rookie voted into the all star game since Tim Duncan. Dude is legit.

You may not like that he leads the league in dunks but he's doing work. Only been in the league for 2 years so his potential is through the fucking roof.
I didn't say he's bad, but he's nowhere near Durant's or a healthy Rose's level if we're just talking about the cover.

Doesn't matter, though. I totally get why they included him for a multiple player cover. One of the biggest young stars in the league right now.

Lots of people saying the DLC codes aren't working. I think it was 2k9 where the PC version didn't include a cd key and so they basically had to release a thing on Steam that gifted us a copy just for having the DVD.

Fuck this bullshit.

Sony makes a big deal about these day 1 digital preorders and I cant even download my game until who knows whenever the fuck they update the store.

DominoKid

2K vs the CPU is super cheese. thats why you always play myplayer, online or vs a real person.

demolitio

Do the Cavs get an overall team bonus for being so young overall? They should be injury resistant for a few years at least. :p

I want to get this game, but I'm really cautious of the PC version anymore and the delay spooks me a bit more. Does the PC version have the new lighting now at least? That was a disappointment last year along with online of course.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Really interested in Kinect feedbacks, how effective it is, voice commands seem made for this game.

outsida

Now I have to go scour Chicago is search of a retail PC copy because these bastards want to play games with the digital version. Every year they find a new way to try and get people to buy the console versions instead. I actually wonder why they even take the time to develop the PC version since they try their damnedest to to show their customers that they don't give a shit about the platform.

Top Bottom