• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K13 |OT| Because Live is Dead

mbmonk

Also, just to be clear:

This is not a rumor.

"No more than one activated PS3 system within a 24 hour period. Content may not be used by any other account. You must sign in to PSN each time you start the game."

Straight from the PSN store.

Thank you. I updated the OP with a link to your post.

It's scary how much better football games can be if the NFL didn't hand over exclusive license to EA. EA can't even produce a decent basketball game in light of NBA 2k13, which raises questions about the true quality of the Madden games.

Graphically, the PS3 version seems to be MUCH smoother than the last two years. This is judging only from the demo, though. Can anyone with the PS3 retail version back this up? It looks to be on par with the 360 version this year.

Smokey

I'll have the game today if people want to play: Phatal FaZe XBL

you already knooooow how to find me!

just got my copy from best buy over lunch break. i'll be digging in later tonight. also if anyone is interested in a 2k13 league for the 360 indicate it in your posts. i already have a general idea of certain people from years past but for others just say so in your posts

benjipwns

Banned
Amazon Tony says they'll be selling Steam keys on the 16th*. (Which has been confirmed as the DD release date.)

PC version does not have MyTeam.

*I guess you can buy them now. So pre-order...of a game that's been out.

Graphically, the PS3 version seems to be MUCH smoother than the last two years. This is judging only from the demo, though. Can anyone with the PS3 retail version back this up? It looks to be on par with the 360 version this year.

Is pretty nice. I only played a little bit of the demo though so I have a lot of catching up to do skill wise.

benjipwns

Banned
Can anyone confirm if you can only do one MyPlayer this year?

I tend to like to have both say a center and point guard to switch between to change things up.

Man Im getting my ass whooped. It doesn't help that literally everyone of my 10 matches have been against LA,MIA and OKC while im picking random teams like BK.

So what happens if my internet connection goes down? My internet's been a bit shaky lately. It interrupts occasionally and I would hate to lose in-game progress...

One would hope you only have to sign in to start the game, then you can sign out without consequences afterwards? No idea.

In either case it rubs me wrong. Think I'm gonna go hardcopy.

mbmonk

New game; same shit.

Same with all other sports games, sadly. The online userbase is the worst :(

I understand why Quick Match has 5 minute quarters, but it just leads to terrible gameplay consequences. Quick match players just constantly mash the steal button, and have no fear of fouling out. Also, Quick match players are never forced to use their bench, so it's all about the starting 5! Throw in some abuse of exploits and you get NBA 2K Quick Match gameplay. :)

I am hoping getting into some leagues will make online enjoyable. Specifically ones that run 12 minute quarters. That is assuming I will have the time to play longer games :)

EDIT: I probably made an overly harsh generalization of Quick Match games, but for every great game I play, I play at least 2 bad ones :)

I understand why Quick Match has 5 minute quarters, but it just leads to terrible gameplay consequences. Quick match players just constantly mash the steal button, and have no fear of fouling out. Also, Quick match players are never forced to use their bench, so it's all about the starting 5! Throw in some abuse of exploits and you get NBA 2K Quick Match gameplay. :)

I am hoping getting into some leagues will make online enjoyable. Specifically ones that run 12 minute quarters. That is assuming I will have the time to play longer games :)

EDIT: I probably made an overly harsh generalization of Quick Match games, but for every great game I play, I play at least 2 bad ones :)

That's the dream, really. To find a bunch of people who play Basketball, rather than play 2K (if that makes sense). It's the same with nearly all sports games I play online, like on FIFA you always play people who play FIFA and want to score the same cheap goal just so they win, rather than play football. Each to their own, I guess.

Wrayfield

That's the dream, really. To find a bunch of people who play Basketball, rather than play 2K (if that makes sense). It's the same with nearly all sports games I play online, like on FIFA you always play people who play FIFA and want to score the same cheap goal just so they win, rather than play football. Each to their own, I guess.

I wish I could have block lists, anyone who picks Real/Barca/whicheverrichteam or Lakers/Heat etc. doesn't even connect to my game. Then again, I would probably have to wait 2 hours to find someone to play with...

I wish I could have block lists, anyone who picks Real/Barca/whicheverrichteam or Lakers/Heat etc. doesn't even connect to my game. Then again, I would probably have to wait 2 hours to find someone to play with...

haha yeah! I've sort of done the opposite and befriended the odd person I play against who plays well/keeps in theme with the team they are.

triggaz

Banned
Really looking to get into a gaf league this year drunken triggaz on xbl. I know there are usually league threads in community anyone started one up yet?

Edit how do you acess the dream team?

Amory

Played my first game...yep this is NBA 2k. I'm loving my Celtics' 2012-13 roster though, we're gonna be way better even without Ray Ray.

Players feel a little heavier to control, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Just have to get used to it.

If anyone wants to add me on Live to play online my gamertag is ajc9387

Omega

Banned
you already knooooow how to find me!

just got my copy from best buy over lunch break. i'll be digging in later tonight. also if anyone is interested in a 2k13 league for the 360 indicate it in your posts. i already have a general idea of certain people from years past but for others just say so in your posts

I'd be down for a league. I can probably get 2-3 friends who are not part of GAF to join if we need extras.

oh and I call dibs on T-Wolves.

Is there co-op in this game? Specifically...

1.) Play local co-op against CPU
2.) Play local co-op against online opponents
3.) Play online co-op (online friend) with other online opponents

demolitio

Wow, the Cavs are rated that badly? No faith in young players I guess but it's kind of funny since ESPN and other sites are calling them a potential sleeper team. Definitely not playoff worthy or anything, but having them 28th overall is an insult when they're rated better than that on most other sites. I guess last season automatically cemented their stats this year...

Smokey

I'm assuming people in here have taken the game online? Any rampant disconnects? From the game not other users quitting..

triggaz

Banned
So I just played as the dream team and Lost to the Team USA I'm kind of emotional over that couldn't stop them for shit. So I tried to over compensate with Jordan and you can't play 2k like that...... I'm not worthy

Amory

I'm assuming people in here have taken the game online? Any rampant disconnects? From the game not other users quitting..

Not that I've seen. The score randomly disappeared midway through the second quarter on the last game I played, though. We both had to keep pausing to see who was ahead and how much time was left lol

super_ultra

Neo Member
I can't find a copy of the PC version anywhere. All the Gamestops are sold out and I don't think Best Buy even carries it at all. Does anyone have any idea of where I could find a copy? Unfortunately, there aren't any big stores like Target or Walmart near me. It's going to be a long two weeks if I have to wait for DD.

Top Bottom