• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K13 |OT| Because Live is Dead

Now I have to go scour Chicago is search of a retail PC copy because these bastards want to play games with the digital version. Every year they find a new way to try and get people to buy the console versions instead. I actually wonder why they even take the time to develop the PC version since they try their damnedest to to show their customers that they don't give a shit about the platform.

I went to the Gamestop here and they had no retail copies of the PC version.

At this point I might as well just wait for the Steam version.

Ravenn17

Two questions:

- Were they able to sign other Olympic teams besides the USA/Dream Team?

- Do we know how they have handled historic teams this year? What has been cut/added?

abuC

Now I have to go scour Chicago is search of a retail PC copy because these bastards want to play games with the digital version. Every year they find a new way to try and get people to buy the console versions instead. I actually wonder why they even take the time to develop the PC version since they try their damnedest to to show their customers that they don't give a shit about the platform.

http://www.target.com/FiatsCmd?temp...319&partNumber=14075351&ValidDpci=207-28-1023

demolitio

Be careful since a lot of GS stores won't carry ANY PC version of a multiplatform game unless it was preordered. Otherwise, they might get two or so depending on the store but maybe PC gaming is more popular in Chicago than it is here. All I know is that I wasted several hours looking for Max Payne 3 at retail because of the PC hate.

But do you know if the new lighting is in the PC version now? The one that was in last year or the year before on consoles but they didn't put on PC for some reason which stopped me from getting it at launch. And if online is still locked to low settings, then I might go PS3 and give in already.

Edit: Boy, it's hard to get the game knowing your team is ranked so poorly. No love for the rookies and sophomores I guess.

xJavonta

Banned
Be careful since a lot of GS stores won't carry ANY PC version of a multiplatform game unless it was preordered. Otherwise, they might get two or so depending on the store but maybe PC gaming is more popular in Chicago than it is here. All I know is that I wasted several hours looking for Max Payne 3 at retail because of the PC hate.

But do you know if the new lighting is in the PC version now? The one that was in last year or the year before on consoles but they didn't put on PC for some reason which stopped me from getting it at launch. And if online is still locked to low settings, then I might go PS3 and give in already.

Edit: Boy, it's hard to get the game knowing your team is ranked so poorly. No love for the rookies and sophomores I guess.

Not the case by me. I often come in and see many copies of the PC versions of games sitting on the shelf. However, upon buying a copy, I've been offered to buy the Impulse version instead of the physical version. I say no of course, but that may be a sign of the PC stock dwindling at GS.

newsguy

Nice OP, we rarely get sports love on Gaf. After playing the demo like 20 times (roughly 5 games lol) I am really impressed. The right stick dribbling is gonna take getting used to, but overall the game just feels right. The physics have definitely been tightened up since 12, and player speed has way more impact. Westbrook is a terror to cover with Chalmers, I am going to hate playing the Bulls. Very excited for this season.

anddo0

So apparently you can get the game for $38 from NewEgg.

Promo code: EMCJNNH224 $12 off
$10 promotional gift card w/ purchase, ends 10/8

Depending on where you live (taxes) the game will only cost $38.

Not bad at all. If I get some money before the 8th Im gonna do that for sure.

Fjordson

The physics have definitely been tightened up since 12, and player speed has way more impact. Westbrook is a terror to cover with Chalmers, I am going to hate playing the Bulls. Very excited for this season.
This is the big improvement for me. It doesn't feel like you're playing with a bunch of equal stock players like in the past. You can play to their strengths and weaknesses now.

Seems like height is actually a factor now as well. When I would get someone small on Durant after a defensive switch I could just shoot over the top of them with ease. Same goes for Bosh if Westbrook or Sefalosha would switch onto him after a pick & roll. Much better than last year where you could have fuckin' Earl Boykins contest the shot from like Dirk Nowitzki and it would cause a miss.

outsida

I went to the Gamestop here and they had no retail copies of the PC version.

At this point I might as well just wait for the Steam version.

LOL I haven't stepped foot inside of a GS in a while. Amazon plus prime usually puts things at my doorstop the next day. Waiting is usually not a problem but I expected to download this on steam day of release =[ kind of frustrating.

All list it as out of stock...

newsguy

Much better than last year where you could have fuckin' Earl Boykins contest the shot from like Dirk Nowitzki and it would cause a miss.

I noticed this alot with Bosh in the demo. Jumpers were basically money unless Perkins or Ibaka were on him.

Team up team up team up

Unless I'm late and they took this out, I can't wait to play this.

I expect to see everyone pick the lakers or heat in online mode this year

mbmonk

Smokey & Bgamer90 I copied the information from your posts into the OP ( Controls & Soundtrack ). Thanks again for posting them.

Crazyorloco

The music is great in this game. The presentation during gameplay) in this year's game is off for me. Too tacky. But im nitpicking... The commentary is great as always though (i feel like 2k12 is a little better here)

Animations are improved from last year. I'm going to have to get use to these controls...

Wrayfield

Any word on a Steam version yet?

Quick question: how shitty was the PC version vs. the console versions of 2k12? I am not playing online so don't give a damn about connectivity. Just want to play My Player on a very decent rig, got a wired Xbox controller so controls shouldn't be a problem. Just wonder about framerate and stability and such.

Its giving me an error message when I try to input that promo code. :/

The music is great in this game. The presentation during gameplay) in this year's game is off for me. Too tacky. But im nitpicking... The commentary is great as always though (i feel like 2k12 is a little better here)

Animations are improved from last year. I'm going to have to get use to these controls...

I dont know who the fuck thinks that retro bullshit is attractive.

R3TRODYCE

Quick question: how shitty was the PC version vs. the console versions of 2k12? I am not playing online so don't give a damn about connectivity. Just want to play My Player on a very decent rig, got a wired Xbox controller so controls shouldn't be a problem. Just wonder about framerate and stability and such.

Ran great for me, 60fps on my modest rig...My PC 2k13 "Should" be delivered today so I can tell you how that runs but ehh, Amazon cs told me it'll be here today but UPS tracking isn't making me feel so confident.

mbmonk

I was able to run 2k12 at 1080p almost completely maxed out, plus mods on my fairly old rig.

My rig:
Q6600 ( 2.4 GHZ )
HD6850 1 GB RAM
2mb RAM
WinXp

I hope that helps.

Solo Act

PC version was much better in 2K12. 1080p 60fps on a 2010 iMac. Mods are a huge addition as well.

Wrayfield

Ran great for me, 60fps on my modest rig...My PC 2k13 "Should" be delivered today so I can tell you how that runs but ehh, Amazon cs told me it'll be here today but UPS tracking isn't making me feel so confident.

PC version was much better in 2K12. 1080p 60fps on a 2010 iMac. Mods are a huge addition as well.

I was able to run 2k12 at 1080p almost completely maxed out, plus mods on my fairly old rig.

My rig:
Q6600 ( 2.4 GHZ )
HD6850 1 GB RAM
2mb RAM
WinXp

I hope that helps.

Thanks, folks.

In the meanwhile, if I don't get my hands on the PS3 version in this god forsaken country, I might just get Steam version. So if any of you plays it on PC, a quick confirmation would be great. Much obliged.

U2's in this soundtrack eh? Surprised. Only other video game they've ever been in was Singstar. Jay-Z is good friends with Bono though so makes sense that if they were going to be in a game, it'd be this one.

Bullza2o

Argh I already preordered long ago and it shipped yesterday. Is Newegg as kind as Amazon when it comes to giving out free credit after it shipped?

How in the world did you get the two promos to stack???

Its giving me an error message when I try to input that promo code. :/

"The promo code EMCJNNH224 is no longer valid. A gift item has been attached to replace the promo code discount."

Also, just to be clear:

OP said:
PS3 through Playstation Store - *Warning: there have been some rumors about some possibly strict DRM for this version*

This is not a rumor.

"No more than one activated PS3 system within a 24 hour period. Content may not be used by any other account. You must sign in to PSN each time you start the game."

Straight from the PSN store.

Wrayfield

Also, just to be clear:

This is not a rumor.

"No more than one activated PS3 system within a 24 hour period. Content may not be used by any other account. You must sign in to PSN each time you start the game."

Straight from the PSN store.

So what happens if my internet connection goes down? My internet's been a bit shaky lately. It interrupts occasionally and I would hate to lose in-game progress...

Top Bottom