• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 PS4 |OT| ... I said gahhhhhh dammmmmnnnnn

No Love

Banned
I couldn't find an OT for this (other than the community thread for franchise online play), so figured I'd make this since I haven't seen a lot of talk about it (maybe I've missed it all?)

God. DAMN. 2K. Sports. *bow* Where do I start? First off, throwing in the disk and immediately loading up a match playing Spurs vs. Heat with just music playing in the background as it installs... genius. And it's just so, so slick.

Killzone made me nod in admiration as it easily matched high-end PC games' graphics, but NBA 2K14 made me sit straight up and go 'wow. this is next gen.' It is easily as impressive as Killzone. It looks so real that you have to shake your head sometimes and remind yourself you're playing a game. This is going to sell a LOT of next-gen consoles just by word of mouth and people showing it to their friends.

The only faults I can find with it are occasional janky animations, but other than that, this is so, so close to being photorealistic. I think in 2-3 years once they've extracted more power out of the hardware, this franchise will have it down, just like NBA 2k12/13 looked so incredible on PS3/360/PC.

And did I mention it's really fun? I haven't picked up a basketball game since NBA 2K5, so all of this is just really impressive and streamlined to me.

Again, kudos to 2K Sports for really making a solid effort for this launch.

vivftp

One of my friends got his PS4 almost exclusively to play this game. I don't think he's had a chance to really test it yet with work and all, but I'm sure he'll be impressed.

This sort of game isn't my cup of tea, but I am curious to see how it looks in person.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So is NBA Live still embargoed? That's what the giantbomb guys were seeming to imply.

I'm betting it's crap.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
So is NBA Live still embargoed? That's what the giantbomb guys were seeming to imply.

I'm betting it's crap.

Someone streamed it yesterday. It's crap.

satori

Ya I'm firing this shit up tonight. Been playing Killzone but Nba2k14 one the reason I went to get a launch ps4 tbh. I played the shit out of nba2k12. And I heard nothing but good things about Nba2k14.

Bring on my player mode!

Pics of it look amazing. Man I really wished the PC version of 2K14 had been a port of the next gen version rather than the 360 version. Gonna be so jelly till 2k15 comes out.

bill0527

I'm playing it right now. Haven't played this game since maybe 2006 or 2007. I'm running through the tutorial and I am saying GAWTDAMN at the complexity and number of moves in this game. Fuck this shit is deep. Graphically it's damn impressive. So close to photo realism.

Smokey

I'm playing it right now. Haven't played this game since maybe 2006 or 2007. I'm running through the tutorial and I am saying GAWTDAMN at the complexity and number of moves in this game. Fuck this shit is deep. Graphically it's damn impressive. So close to photo realism.

The training camp is helpful. Just stick with it. Give it 7-10 games.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I don't give a shit about NBA or NBA games, but the graphics in this game are downright amazing.

Resilient

Sad because nothing has changed since 2k11 except the visuals. It looks hot as fuck, but those terrible animations and braindead CPU are still as present as ever. Maybe in 2k15/16.

I'm still conflicted between this or fifa. Are 2k's servers still shite?

Yes. Game is unplayable in AU.

I saw a stream of live 14 yesterday and yeah its horrible, only cool thing was mike breen was the commentator for the game

BANG but it sounded off. like a sound alike 0_o EA can't even get voices right.

I'm so hyped for 2K14 that its about to be a day 1 on Xbox one for me

I've only played a little bit so far, but it is looking amazing. The only complaint I have is that I can't find a way to get two people in the same house on the same team in MYGM mode. Does anyone know if this is possible?

The funny thing is is ive heard people on this site and elsewhere complain about this game. I guess if i had been a massive sports fan, huge into basketball and bought every Bball game that was ever put out, id see where they are coming from

But i havent played a game of basketball since 2009, havent watched the sport in nearly 10 years and my last owned basketball video game was NBA jam.

I am so buying this. It looks fucking amazing. i expect it go down in price really quickly because its a sport game too. Cant wait.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I like watching the NBA but never really been a sports video game guy. Don't think casual stuff like NBA Jam counts haha

Picked up 2K14 as part of Target B2G1 deal. Game looks really good and its been fun to play so far even though I'm really bad at it. It doesn't help that your player in the MyCareer mode sucks so bad when you start off (at least that's my excuse). I'm afraid to play online though cuz I'll probably get destroyed. I probably should go look for an instruction manual or FAQ b/c I don't think I understand the controls. lol

Took a quick pic of Lebron.

BZKfJ8xCYAEqQiJ.jpg:orig

SRTtoZ

Preaching to the choir, fucking amazing. Here are some screens I took of a bad ass Tyson Chandler dunk. Too bad I suck at the game though. Lastly, remember when the people said "Thats not ingame LOL".

Yep, thats in game.

BZJ_bKoIcAAvqC6.jpg:large

BZJ_Ur3IcAASNGb.jpg:large

BZKjBQUIAAAYUvn.jpg:large

The Janky animations happen when you don't play the game probably, like trying to dribble too much and shit. I keep doing that right now, I have to get used to it.

mekes

This is a much anticipated out of character purchase for me on the 29th.

Moar screenshots please ;)

Top Bottom