• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

cripterion

The cheerleaders whose hair looks like it was made out of confetti string?

Haha I even't mad about their hair but they could have varied the faces and outfits a little depending on the teams. And LD2K said on the OS forums they would be around the court. Notice they do hang back around the court once they finish their routine and then it cuts back to you inbounding the ball, then they are nowhere to be seen, if you go into instant replay they just disappear just like that.

Around the court feels so empty with just the same mop guy and 2 or 3 cameramen, I guess they consoles can't handle the additional cheerleaders around the court but I'd sure like the option to bump the crowd/character count for pc.

Can't connect to servers to play MyCareer. This is some bullshit. Why would they have single player modes dependent on servers that are historically bad? I should be able to use VC offline for MyCareer.

Can't connect to servers to play MyCareer. This is some bullshit. Why would they have single player modes dependent on servers that are historically bad? I should be able to use VC offline for MyCareer.

This is the reason i'm not buying this game again this year. Its the same BS as last years game.

So I wonder what replaces shot in traffic

Because my 7'0 big man can't make fucking putbacks over midgets and his shot close rating is 85

What's going on? I press X to start and then it keeps taking me to that stupid San Antonio vs Heat intro game... I quit out of that and get back to the main menu where it says -> Press X to start and the same thing happens again... how the hell do I get out of this?

Brooks2304

Neo Member
What's going on? I press X to start and then it keeps taking me to that stupid San Antonio vs Heat intro game... I quit out of that and get back to the main menu where it says -> Press X to start and the same thing happens again... how the hell do I get out of this?

The game is still installing in the background even though it shows that it is fully installed. Once it's fully installed you'll be able to get to the main menu.

Brooks2304

Neo Member
Is there any point playing on the Park or Stage with anything below max level? Just wondering if I should wait. My buddy and I are an 80 right now.

Zafir

If you don't mind starting again, launch the game while offline, then start your career. You don't use coins or whatever in it. Should be able to play it even when the server goes shitty like this.

The game is still installing in the background even though it shows that it is fully installed. Once it's fully installed you'll be able to get to the main menu.

When do you know if its fully installed? I get a message saying "New content available return to main menu for information" - but when I click x - all it does is take me to that damn intro game again.

When do you know if its fully installed? I get a message saying "New content available return to main menu for information" - but when I click x - all it does is take me to that damn intro game again.
go to system storage management-applications under settings and check nba2k15 and it will show you the download status.

I do that and it says NBA 2k15 53GB. There's nothing downloading, I've downloaded the update... still stuck on that stupid intro game. This is absolutely ridiculous.

PS - mine is not the digital copy. Wow I'm going on vacation tomorrow too and bought the game tonight so I can play for a few hours before I leave... this is so fn irritating.

CD'S BAR

PS - mine is not the digital copy. Wow I'm going on vacation tomorrow too and bought the game tonight so I can play for a few hours before I leave... this is so fn irritating.

Same thing happened to me and a bunch of other people. It's completely retarded and frustrating but let the game run for 25-30 minutes after it tells you that it has already completed installation and it should work.

So.Much.Clipping.

j5Sn015.jpg

sUG0WVA.jpg

lRHRZWi.jpg

MzWfaIe.jpg

AcridMeat

Banned
Woooo man, tried 76ers, I was down by 2-4 points and my team didn't score for 3 minutes. Miss every lay up, every open jumper, yet we were still in it. Finally score down by 1 with a minute left, and they clank everything again. Tough ass loss.

has anybody gone through the cut scenes where (insert token veteran teammate) goes to your house and tells you a bunch of useless shit, then your agent brings dante exum over and there's a little bitch fight?

this is dumb lol

dude his acting is fucking dreadful

Clevinger

i love coach taking me out of the game and then putting me back in 10 seconds later

omfg @ Dante Exums voice acting lmao

My player is on the Hornets and Big Al is my mentor dude and he can barely read his lines. It's hilarious.

Dunno why they thought getting a bunch of NBA players to try to act was a good idea.

Tried the face scan last night for the first time. My first two scans were done during daylight with my blinds fully open and each gathered over 2500 points. Something suddenly came up and I didn't get to try again until after dark, then relying solely on artificial lighting in my home. The point gathered went down to 1700 or less.

The ultimate problem is that while the first daylight scans were OK (had some black markings from my hair line), they didn't really look like me. I believe I'm going to have to do some major tweaking to the geometry of my face if it doesn't improve today when I try again.

Long story short, scan your face with daylight streaming through the windows if possible, so far it looks to make a world of difference.

Hasney

Ended up getting this on download for my birthday. Why oh why does this still not have a download progress bar after it's downloaded enough to become playable.

Bacon

I played a bit of this last night. People are crazy if they say go 2k14 over this, the gameplay is a serious improvement in a lot of areas.

Obviously the servers are inexcusable but luckily for me I rarely have ever played 2k online. Offline association all day for me.

Hasney

I read this and agreed 100% with the reviewer dude, who channels his anger as I channel mine when playing:

http://www.techly.com.au/2014/10/09/nba-2k15-xbox-one-review-yes-good-game-can-terrible/

"2K’s reliance on offsite servers – which were total garbage at the time and prone to crashing – resulted in my character being deleted through no fault of my own. "

Oh not this shit again, it was bad enough on 2k14, really wish I wasn't bought this shit.

I should go back to playing Driveclub... Oh wait.

I want to know how much money they spent trying to incorporate real life people into the game (And then allowing them to do the shittiest job ever)

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Oh not this shit again, it was bad enough on 2k14, really wish I wasn't bought this shit.

I should go back to playing Driveclub... Oh wait.

I never play mycareer or even seasons in sports games so hopefully it's not so bad. How is the online play?

Hasney

I never play mycareer or even seasons in sports games so hopefully it's not so bad. How is the online play?

See, in 2k14, it would have been a minor annoyance for someone who only really plays the career mode like me if it wasn't for 2 things:

• Goddamn unskippable cutscenes
  • Because of their VC bollocks, you couldn't get the bonuses you already recieved to actually level up your player
The game was fun enough that I would have started again, but since I couldn't actually level up my fucking player again, it became stupid unless I was going to buy microtransactions.

JNA

Banned
This is the reason i'm not buying this game again this year. Its the same BS as last years game.

Likewise.

2K16 will be the "no excuse" year. If they can't cut out the BS in that one, I'm done with that franchise for good. 2K has been given free passes long enough.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
what's up with some of the arenas in this game being so dark? like, some of the dudes at the end of the bench at MSG are in complete darkness lmao.

zinder

How long does it take for this shit to install? I have been waiting 40 minutes now and I don't see any progress bar anywhere... everytime I boot the game up it sends me to the Spurs match with no commentary. I don't have to finish that game, do I?

Top Bottom