• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiju

why, its boring.

Not if you're a Warriors fan.

tumblr_nnbg84mL4a1sxv3djo1_500.gif

Now I know why I've been mostly watching soccer the last few years. The Cavs are the only thing that reassembles a decent team in the East and the Warriors have basically broke the NBA.

I think I'm going to get started early on the Confederations Cup.

phanphare

Banned
jvg dropping some truth bombs about kareem

dude dominated for 2 decades, doesn't get the goat status that he deserves for whatever reason

People seriously complaining about watching epic match up in the finals?

Lol....go away clowns. Hang your head on playing basketball back when you were in elementary school.
It's not really epic, though. You have a team with the best player of this generation (LeBron) that is otherwise inferior in every way to a team that is basically the Monstars. It's a complete failure of the league's ability to maintain any semblance of competitive balance, and it's an outcome that many of us predicted the moment Durant signed with GSW.

It's inevitable. Sport is at its worst when it's inevitable.

jvg dropping some truth bombs about kareem

dude dominated for 2 decades, doesn't get the goat status that he deserves for whatever reason
The reason is that Magic was better

Okay, KD stays in OKC or goes east.

Then what? Nothing changes. Great, maybe one other team contends. Maybe.

That's still barely any significant change. These are still the two best teams.

There's no magic fix. This is the league. Just ain't enough talent to compete against these guys.

Joei

GSW have too much fire power, oh well. I guess Durant really needed to have 4 all stars on his team to win something.

RBH

It's not really epic, though. You have a team with the best player of this generation (LeBron) that is otherwise inferior in every way to a team that is basically the Monstars. It's a complete failure of the league's ability to maintain any semblance of competitive balance, and it's an outcome that many of us predicted the moment Durant signed with GSW.

It's inevitable. Sport is at its worst when it's inevitable.
Exactly

beat

The question is if forced to; do you trade Thompson or Green to keep KD and pay Steph right?

They don't have to until repeater luxury tax kicks in years from now, and even then it's questionable.

But if absolutely forced, I say let Thompson go. He's a slightly better one on one defender than Draymond and a much better shooter/scorer, but Dray orchestrates so much of what the team does.

Duxxy3

Okay, KD stays in OKC or goes east.

Then what? Nothing changes. Great, maybe one other team contends. Maybe.

That's still barely any significant change. These are still the two best teams.

There's no magic fix. This is the league. Just ain't enough talent to compete against these guys.

If Durant were not in this series it would be a lot closer.

I don't know about you guys. But I enjoy a dominant team to a degree. However the warriors are far from the most dominant super team in NBA history.

Joei

You easily get rid of Klay in that scenario but it probably won't come to that for a long time.

Durant already said he'll take less money to keep the team together. Something people kill CP3 about but say it's cool if Durant does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom