• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, KD stays in OKC or goes east.

Then what? Nothing changes. Great, maybe one other team contends. Maybe.

That's still barely any significant change. These are still the two best teams.

There's no magic fix. This is the league. Just ain't enough talent to compete against these guys.
Agreed, it's not just KD. It's the whole individual salary cap nonsense + basketball being a top heavy sport in general.

The association will either figure it out and make some changes for the sake of parity, or ride the superteam train until ratings and attendance begin to spiral down the drain and "who could have seen that this would happen OH NO!?!?!"

Depends if they want to be proactive or reactive.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Has there ever been a Quadruple-Double in playoffs?

I think Quintuple-Double is impossible right?

kaiju

Your team sucks and I can't wait after your current roster ages and they fade back into irrelevance and Lakers are successful for another 40 years

Oh and half your bandwagoner base is gone as well

Hey-dont-get-salty-sweetie-GIF.gif

Kwhit10

But it's still these two teams. So if you're not already a warriors or a Cavs fan, is anything really different other than it probably being more competitive?

I think everyone who isn't a fan of these two teams would rather see a competitive series instead of blowouts.

beat

Durant already said he'll take less money to keep the team together. Something people kill CP3 about but say it's cool if Durant does it.

This offseason, KD's probably giving up about a bit under $4M. Will still get $32M.

David West gave up over $11M. He's only getting the veteran's minimum this year.

People seriously complaining about watching epic match up in the finals?

Lol....go away clowns. Hang your head on playing basketball back when you were in elementary school.

What the fuck is this supposed to even mean?

Durant already said he'll take less money to keep the team together. Something people kill CP3 about but say it's cool if Durant does it.

Durant isn't the president of the players association.

Warriors are so good that they can play like garbage and still beat everyone in the league. They can be down 15 and take the lead five minutes later.

Then they can play like tonight. You might as well bench all your starters and hope for the next game to be closer.

I'm relatively sure Klay would too given his level of chill. Why worry about money when you are already rich and can have a legacy.

PR_rambo

Banned
I'm guessing it's tough for people to watch LeBron get shitted on, they idolize him. How was it cool though for him to do this with his supersquads to the east? That wasn't boring? Nah it was cool because it was Bron Bron doing the thrashing.

Now suddenly KDs a bitch for chasing his ring, and the NBA needs to step in. Only NOW is it a problem. EL OH EL.

I'm guessing it's tough for people to watch LeBron get shitted on, they idolize him. How was it cool though for him to do this with his supersquads to the east? That wasn't boring? Nah it was cool because it was Bron Bron doing the thrashing.

Now suddenly KDs a bitch for chasing his ring, and the NBA needs to step in. Only NOW is it a problem. EL OH EL.
It's cool because he is the king. It's​ not fair when the West answers in spade.

mjp2417

Banned
But it's still these two teams. So if you're not already a warriors or a Cavs fan, is anything really different other than it probably being more competitive?
?
Golden St./OKC would be a coin flip and they would have to go through the Spurs and Rockets in the second round just to get to that point. The East still sucks, but the KD move turned the entire NBA playoffs into the Eastern Conference playoffs.

I hate the Warriors

half there fans are bandwagoners who abandoned Lakers once we became ass

Most artificial fanbase in the league

I want Lonzo Ball already

I don't really give a shit about the warriors

Back as a freshmen in college (2008) my best friend would make me watches these college games for a school I had never heard of to see this baby face kid shoot like crazy. He made me a steph curry fan so I've always enjoyed watching him play. Part of me would rather see curry be the star of the dubs to win finals mvp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom