• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackson and Fox can't shoot, which is what scares me about them. It can be crippling to have players (especially PGs) who can't shoot for shit. Granted there's always the possibility that they can learn to shoot, but it's not a given. Look at MKG, or Justice Winslow, or Alfrid Payton. I think they are all in a similar tier, but im resigned to taking Ball. He probably is the one out of that group that has an elite skill (his vision and passing) that you know can translate over to the next level, and both he and Russle can play off the ball well enough that they are going to be able to complement each other. Yeah the defense will be a shit show, but that's going to be the case for any young backcourt really.

Line_HTX

Goddamn, these Finals and this entire postseason have been so non-competitive. This is nothing but a formality that everyone and their mother knew one year in advance was going to happen. Absolutely unwatchable as fuck.

Gorillaz

I actually want to see how entangled the web of contracts that the cavs created look. It looks like one of those either blow it all up or leave it as is with a switch here or there

These Finals have done nothing but remind me how shit the NBA is in terms of structure. The Warriors are as close as it comes to un-guardable. Finishing up the game last night, even in the 3rd when the Cavs cut it close a couple times you can see just how gassed they were. How the fuck can you defend Curry, a-on fire-Klay, & KD, and still have to worry about Draymond an support cast. Jeezes...

I also haven't been annoyed by a player as much as KD has these Finals in two games since fucking Reggie Miller back in the day. Idk what it is, I loved him on OKC. But seeing his change in attitude after practically buying his ring just irks me bad.

Fuck the NBA. Go Bucks.

These Finals have done nothing but remind me how shit the NBA is in terms of structure. The Warriors are as close as it comes to un-guardable. Finishing up the game last night, even in the 3rd when the Cavs cut it close a couple times you can see just how gassed they were. How the fuck can you defend Curry, a-on fire-Klay, & KD, and still have to worry about Draymond an support cast. Jeezes...

I also haven't been annoyed by a player as much as KD has these Finals in two games since fucking Reggie Miller back in the day. Idk what it is, I loved him on OKC. But seeing his change in attitude after practically buying his ring just irks me bad.

Fuck the NBA. Go Bucks.

"Buying his ring". Hot ass take there, my dude.

Cleveland Cavaliers owe it to LeBron James to overpay for J.R. Smith
mq2uylZ.png

oneHeero

I get that the Spurs are good but I look at their previous 2 series before the WCF and can't confidently say they are better than the Cavs.

Yea but the level of talent in opponents is also a factor along with missing 2 key pieces to the team from last year in Duncan and Parker. They might not light it up but they bring a ton of leadership and experience, the kind you want in the playoffs.

Sean Deveney @SeanDeveney

The @warriors were 7-0 in games played at Game 2's pace. They were 40-5 at Game 1's pace. What are the @cavs to do?
Tyronn Lue playing dangerous game as Cavs pick up pace in NBA Finals
sportingnews.com
12:20 PM · Jun 5, 2017

Chris Walder @WalderSports

Solution: Start Dahntay Jones.

He's the Cavaliers' sixth-leading scorer through two games.

.... what?
11:37 AM · Jun 5, 2017

Kyrie having a knee injury is making the rounds. Can't say I'm surprised with Klay putting clamps on them throughout the past 2 games.

fuck outta here with that shit, same knee injury when Ian Clark was guarding him he was shaking and baking in game 2 ...fuck outta here with that bullshit

Hopefully this series makes people remember tristan thompson isn't actually very good against good teams and would be a 7th man making 20% as much if it weren't for Lebron.

These NBA Finals are garbage and i would pray the CAVS upset Warriors again but damn.

That team is just too stacked.

Total Bullshit.

CP3 go to Cleveland.

Where was all this outrage when Lebron James never faced a credible challenge in the east for 10 years? So it's okay if Lebron and friends are in the finals again and again as long as they face someone different?

I'm enjoying it lol. Warriors are easier to scheme for than Boston lol.

I thought Lue was dumb for saying that at the time (because he greatly underestimated how versatile this Warriors team is compared to the past two years, and greatly overstated how difficult it was to guard Boston), now he just looks like a fool for suggesting that given what happened in the first two games.

I'm loving the Kyrie being brought to the real world, moreso for the dumbass hot takes that came after last year's finals and continued all the way up to before the finals. He is a player that has incredible handles, clutch and can get real hot for a game and light it up. Mediocre to straight garbage in every other aspect. He changed the tune and lit it up for 3 games running, people forget that he was garbage in the first 4 games in last year's final as well. People who were trying to figure which player, Steph or him might outplay one another must be feeling pretty damn dumb (as they should).

I still expect him to light it up at least once in game 3 or 4 because he's still a great PG. It just helps when you don't base his performance overall as a player on 3 games but you know.. look at the big picture. He's been shitting the bed this PS as well. People need relax about sweeps until g3 though. Cavs are going to come out swinging and dropping haymakers, and a lot of their non all star players are going to play better.. because that is what happens at home.

I would love for game 3 to be decided between 1-5 points and be competitive all the way until the last whistle or at least last 20-40 seconds. I want to see how Warriors would respond in those close tight games.. and you know, enjoy a game where the Warriors aren't pissing all over the competition.

rambis

Banned
fuck outta here with that shit, same knee injury when Ian Clark was guarding him he was shaking and baking in game 2 ...fuck outta here with that bullshit

So Kyrie complaining already about being injured?

Curry was hurt all finals last year, never said one thing .

Kyrie hasn't said anything?

This guy is the source of this rumor. I don't know what you are talking about with Ian Clark either but Kyrie has been mediocre all playoffs, even as CLE was sweeping teams. As I said earlier, no excuses cause he is still missing wide open shots but this isn't Kyrie copping a plea in the least.

Nate Jones‏
@JonesOnTheNBA
Follow
More
Kyrie looks a step slow. I've heard he isn't healthy as he was last year at this time and I'm starting to believe it.

5 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists.

Curry's line for the third quarter: 12 points on 50% shooting, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, +11 (highest +/- of any player in the quarter).

He made 2FTs to put them up 98-84 scored a 3 to put them up 102-86. The epitome of clutch pressure shooting amiright?

I'm loving the Kyrie being brought to the real world, moreso for the dumbass hot takes that came after last year's finals and continued all the way up to before the finals. He is a player that has incredible handles, clutch and can get real hot for a game and light it up. Mediocre to straight garbage in every other aspect. He changed the tune and lit it up for 3 games running, people forget that he was garbage in the first 4 games in last year's final as well. People who were trying to figure which player, Steph or him might outplay one another must be feeling pretty damn dumb (as they should).

I still expect him to light it up at least once in game 3 or 4 because he's still a great PG. It just helps when you don't base his performance overall as a player on 3 games but you know.. look at the big picture. He's been shitting the bed this PS as well. People need relax about sweeps until g3 though. Cavs are going to come out swinging and dropping haymakers, and a lot of their non all star players are going to play better.. because that is what happens at home.

I would love for game 3 to be decided between 1-5 points and be competitive all the way until the last whistle or at least last 20-40 seconds. I want to see how Warriors would respond in those close tight games.. and you know, enjoy a game where the Warriors aren't pissing all over the competition.
Kyrie was single handedly carrying the Cavs for a while. I don't know what you mean by 3 games. He outplayed Steph the one game he was able to play for in 2015 and several times last series. You sure pick a mighty fine time to call him a fraud.

Kyrie was single handedly carrying the Cavs for a while. I don't know what you mean by 3 games. He outplayed Steph the one game he was able to play for in 2015 and several times last series. You sure pick a mighty fine time to call him a fraud.

Carrying them where? Straight to 33 wins? You can't build a team around the dude. He is highly uneven as a player. I love that LBJ got the win last year because hot damn it was magical, but by far the worst thing to come out of it are the hot takes about Kyrie Irving. I really hate using the term overrated because it's pretty meaningless, but it's hard to think of a more overrated player.

Trey

Sean Deveney @SeanDeveney

The @warriors were 7-0 in games played at Game 2's pace. They were 40-5 at Game 1's pace. What are the @cavs to do?
Tyronn Lue playing dangerous game as Cavs pick up pace in NBA Finals
sportingnews.com
12:20 PM · Jun 5, 2017

The warriors have a ridiculous win percentage at any pace, they won 200 plus games across three seasons.

rambis

Banned
Carrying them where? Straight to 33 wins? You can't build a team around the dude. He is highly uneven as a player. I love that LBJ got the win last year because hot damn it was magical, but by far the worst thing to come out of it are the hot takes about Kyrie Irving. I really hate using the term overrated because it's pretty meaningless, but it's hard to think of a more overrated player.
I meant recently. As in carrying them while Love was garbage and Lebron shrunk. He is a one trick pony for sure but acting like this postseason has been "normal" in any respect for him is bullocks.

cHaotix8

I actually felt really bad for LeBron during last nights game. He and Love were the only ones that really showed up, and he looked positively exhausted during the 3rd quarter. It's embarrassing that this is the strongest team in the East and only 2 players are showing up. This should make it clear to those that realize before that LeBron has carried this garbage team to greatness.

Kyrie really needs to work on his passing more. Everyone knows the dude can score, but throwing up a contested layup after you draw the triple team instead of kicking it back to an open Korver at the top of the key is not good basketball. He's been in the league for too long to have not developed his bball IQ to that extent. This is why I enjoy watching the Warriors' offense. Most of their players can get good looks and score in a given possession, but they will almost always pass to the open man for the better shot. Peak basketball on that team at both ends of the floor without having to rely on ISO play.

Hearing the sports media bring up last year being 2-0 is kind of annoying as someone who understands statistics.

The likelihood of a low probability event happening twice in consecutive succession is less, not more. It was incredibly rare that we even saw two 3-1 comebacks back to back last year. That may never happen again in our lives.

It would no different than watching lightning strike a certain spot and thinking the next strike will strike the exact spot. A common perception, but a totally false one.

Trey

Hearing the sports media bring up last year being 2-0 is kind of annoying as someone who understands statistics.

The likelihood of a low probability event happening twice in consecutive succession is less, not more. It was incredibly rare that we even saw two 3-1 comebacks back to back last year. That may never happen again in our lives.

It would no different than watching lightning strike a certain spot and thinking the next strike will strike the exact spot. A common perception, but a totally false one.

The human mind is not statistically rational. Recency bias is overehelmingly powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom