• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the 70's and the audience wanted no parts of it.

70s were a weird mix of a talent drop due to the ABA and then a crazy talent boom after the merger.

Honestly, looking back at the 70s, that's my ideal NBA right there, in terms of teams win-losses, parity, not being predictable. NBA is sorta headed toward that sort of era with all the young players in the league, imo

And what is it if it's not competition, are you watching the game? Oh, I forgot, it's not a competition unless GSW has lost.
They were up 3-0. It took a historic record breaking performance for the Cavs to get one measly game. Nah it ain't competive at all. Thats my opinion you don't have to like it.

Did Kyrie get legit somewhat injured in this game? He was taking over, and then all of a sudden, he limped around a little and suddenly all of his drives led to badly contested jumpers or turnovers.

NBA hasn't had parity in forever but I don't recall there ever being a stretch where 2 teams were clearly far superior to the rest for such a long stretch.

Nafai1123

Banned
Something closer to it when it's not same finals matchup three years in a row with each dominating their respective conference.

So it was parity when one conference had one player dominating year after year, but now that there's another team doing the same it's garbage?

LionPride

Banned
70s were a weird mix of a talent drop due to the ABA and then a crazy talent boom after the merger.

Honestly, looking back at the 70s, that's my ideal NBA right there, in terms of teams win-losses, parity, not being predictable. NBA is sorta headed toward that sort of era with all the young players in the league, imo
Reminder

Giannis is 22

Kat is 21

AD is 24

Kristaps is 21

Joel is 23

Wiggins is 21

Kyrie is 26

Dame is 25

Kawhi is 25

Hayward is 25

Wall is 26

I could go on

CD'S BAR

Then you watchin the wrong sport

NBA has always had runs of teams on top

Always

Maybe, but there's never been the same finals matchup 3 years in a row, and probably next year too. A matchup you could safely call from the beginning of each of those seasons. Nevermind the 16-0 and 16-1 this season, and the 73-9 last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom