• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

jmizzal

This ignores how much promise some of the guys showed, especially when you consider some of the best guys in the draft were all ways expected to be raw in their first year. Guys like, Ingram, Brown, Bender, Thon, Chriss etc. Also it's stupid to make definitive claims about a draft class after one year.

I'm not saying they are all scrubs, but I dont see any superstars, maybe Simmons since he didnt play.

That draft was known to be weak before it happened

Dizzan

MINI Member
This ignores how much promise some of the guys showed, especially when you consider some of the best guys in the draft were all ways expected to be raw in their first year. Guys like, Ingram, Brown, Bender, Thon, Chriss etc. Also it's stupid to make definitive claims about a draft class after one year.

I think Thon Maker has the most potential. If he can put some considerable size and improve his rebounding, I can see him winning most improved player in 2 seasons.

I'm not saying they are all scrubs, but I dont see any superstars, maybe Simmons since he didnt play.

Again it's really early but I feel like we could be looking back on this class as fairly good. All those guys I mentioned plus Simmons, Murray, Skal all showed some serious promise. I wouldn't be surprised if any of them became stars.

Dizzan

MINI Member

Embiid is a superstar. If he's healthy and playing 38 minutes a game, he's putting up phenomenal numbers. Trust the Process.

And Simmons is a lock for ROTY this year, no question. He's going to play substantial minutes on a team that will feed off him.

jmizzal

Embiid is a superstar. If he's healthy and playing 38 minutes a game, he's putting up phenomenal numbers. Trust the Process.

And Simmons is a lock for ROTY this year, no question. He's going to play substantial minutes on a team that will feed off him.

Embiid wasnt drafted last year

Embiid has played 32 games in 3 years. At this point saying "if he's healthy..." is like saying "if IT were 6'5..."

And I think Simmons is far from lock. Hes coming off a foot injury and can't shoot. In a PG heavy draft there are gonna be a lot of rookies that get fed.

tumblr_os6mctMhtK1u1ljrzo2_500.gif

LionPride

Banned

Simmons and Fultz will kill each other's stats

Lonzo gon probably be ROTY

Or Issac on such a shitty Magic team

Or Jackson

Or DSJ

Or Monk

Or Bam

Or BITCH IM FRANK MASON as a dark horse

Bread

Banned
Again it's really early but I feel like we could be looking back on this class as fairly good. All those guys I mentioned plus Simmons, Murray, Skal all showed some serious promise. I wouldn't be surprised if any of them became stars.
I wouldn't be surprised if all of them won MVP

cHaotix8

Love Lavar! Hope he keeps doing what he's doing. A great dad and entertainer.

That aside, these NBA award show sketches and Drake jokes have been a bit cringey. I don't think the crowd is really feeling em, and Drake seems too eager to take shots.

jmizzal

Love Lavar! Hope he keeps doing what he's doing. A great dad and entertainer.

That aside, these NBA award show sketches and Drake jokes have been a bit cringey. I don't think the crowd is really feeling em, and Drake seems too eager to take shots.

Yea Lavar has said some dumb stuff but he is a marketing genius, and the shoes being so high, if they were $100 they would be an easy impose by for people that like the family.

But manufacturing cost prob forced his hand not knowing how they would sell

Everything about this is awesome...except the jacket idea. I know it represents Sager but...man. There's something about honoring someone and then making them put on an ugly jacket...

Top Bottom