• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

mjp2417

Banned
@SeanDeveney
Speculation here, but a couple agents said their guess is sign-and-trade details or a separate Celtics trade is holding up Gordon Hayward.

Yeah, didn't the Celtics need to clear cap space to get Hayward on a max?

They do, but those don't have to be finalized for a verbal agreement (we're still in the moratorium). There's a reason Utah reporters are now being fed the hardest decision of my life, changing my mind constantly, etc. narrative from sources. The original leak was a huge PR fuckup and they are (blunderingly) trying to ameliorate that.

nr7hkt-b88456459z.120150708224811000gd8apgl8.50.jpg

@SeanDeveney
Speculation here, but a couple agents said their guess is sign-and-trade details or a separate Celtics trade is holding up Gordon Hayward.

Yeah, didn't the Celtics need to clear cap space to get Hayward on a max?

The Jazz president wouldn't say what he said if the only hangup was the details of a sign and trade.

Boogs31

I hope the Heat don't get Hayward. I'd rather have Waiters and JJ back.

I'm pretty sure JJ has stated he is coming back to the Heat regardless of what happens with Hayward. So if he does come, they'd essentially be replacing Waiters with Hayward.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's 2017
This shit happens all the time
Everyone makes up stuff to be first as a source

Like a half dozen reporters who have been around for decades all decided to make it up at the same time?

Seems like someone in his camp decided to leak him going out to Boston as a thing. Maybe its true, maybe he honestly can't make up his mind, maybe its a sign and trade. Either way its a terrible look.

NHale

There are two scenarios in play here:

a) Someone leaked it this too early to the media and Gordon wants to control the message as much as he can because he's leaving and wants to do it right. This to me seems the most likely.

b) Someone leaked a false info to ESPN reporter, to either screw the reporter (if it ends up being false, he's going to the list of casualties. Maybe another Woj firing?) or to try to manipulate Gordon decision (to either side btw)

FZZ

Banned
This free agency has been more boring for the east than the regular season

West has just been cannibalizing all things basketball

Top Bottom