• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Tall4Life

Yeah, like what the actual fuck. Not even a case of "well this guy got a ton better with a few years in the league" like Marc Gasol, he's actually great from the get go.

jdstorm

Banned
If the Nets as they are right now win 30-40 games I'll tattoo their logo on my ass.

Nets just destroyed the Knicks and are currently undefeated this preseason. Might be time to check on Lionel Richie.

Technically Brooklyn added Allen Crabbe after that post was made so there is an out if he wants it.

Cornbread78

And people were saying tge Celts were going yo get that Laker pick after the season... It's going to be a mid teans pick after next season from Sac.

Brook Lopez played great for the Lakers in limited minutes. He started the game with some post up moves as the Lakers "go to" and even shot a couple of 3's. He really set the tone early on for the victory.

That brings me to my next point, start Kuzma at the 3. Randle is playing well enough to start while Ingram is just forcing everything. Perhaps Ingram is better suited being a point guard like he did most of last year. Ingram can come of the bench and really play 1-3. You just can't deny Kuzma that starting spot if you want to set the tone early in the game. Kuz is also passing, rebounding, and playing great defense both team and individually.

gutshot

Who was the rookie who had a good preseason/early season for the Lakers a couple years back and everyone lost their minds over him? Was it Clarkson?

I feel like Lakers prospects tend to get hyped up a ton because it's the Lakers. Not saying Kuzma will be a bust, he looks like a nice player, but I think the hype is a little over the top right now.

Jarate

Banned
Ill take a 3-4 year college player anyday over a 1 n done

Then you're a moron and will miss out on literally the best prospects to draft Doug McDermott and Buddy Held and Kris Dunn.

You want these players super young so you can get them in the NBA and used to the NBA workload and physicality. College is a waste of development in the modern game

I'd only stay in college if it was fully paid for x I came from a rich family

Otherwise I'd be a one and done and go fuck the ncaa after leaving

Even if I were a top tier draft prospect

Cheebo

Banned
By the logic that 4 year college players are better than 1 and dones would that make Lebron a scrub? He didn't even go to college!

Give us Laker fans some credit. We know the difference between being hyped on potential and being hyped on a dude playing great basketball, which is exactly what Kuzma is doing.

Cornbread78

Give us Laker fans some credit. We know the difference between being hyped on potential and being hyped on a dude playing great basketball, which is exactly what Kuzma is doing.

Hey at least they stay the third quarter, which is longer than ATL fans do.....

Then you're a moron and will miss out on literally the best prospects to draft Doug McDermott and Buddy Held and Kris Dunn.

You want these players super young so you can get them in the NBA and used to the NBA workload and physicality. College is a waste of development in the modern game

But what if you can get another Damian Lillard... my Raptors were so close.. so close..

"Marcus Smart has strong desire to remain in Boston, but tells The Vertical he and agent Happy Walters have yet to hear from Celtics front office on possible extension." - @ShamsCharnia

🤷*♂️

"Marcus Smart has strong desire to remain in Boston, but tells The Vertical he and agent Happy Walters have yet to hear from Celtics front office on possible extension." - @ShamsCharnia

🤷*♂️

I think the plan is to let him hit RFA, watch him get no offers because no one has space, and him signing cheap.

Tom Penny

🤷*♂️
Contact year he comes in at the best shape of his life. Shocking. On a real note every team can use a player with his mentality on the court.. If you can deal with his shot selection. My guess is he finally has a decent shooting percentage which is going to make him a ton of money.

Kuzma will need to develop a left hand. That spin move was nice but he exposes his shot. He was fouled earlier in the game on a similar play where he took it up with the right on the left hand side.

He's shocking because his long range game in college was rather meh. Part of the reason hype was cautious in SL was because he was lights out from distance and it seemed like a fluke. He's keeping that pace up through the preseason now though, so it looking more and more like a case where he learned to shoot in between the time college ended, his draft and now. Which is great for us. He keep this up, he should be starting over Randle giving Ball another outlet to spread the floor with.

BI continues to look like trash. With each passing game I get more and more upset he was the hangup for PG13 (a man who plays the same position).

I think the plan is to let him hit RFA, watch him get no offers because no one has space, and him signing cheap.

If that happens he will do the Noel and take the qualifying offer,play a year and then chase a bigger contract in UFA in 2019 when a lot of the poison pill contracts from last offseason will begin to expire.

In the current market where even marginal players get big bucks his agent would be stupid to let Ainge lock him down long term for cheap.

Clevis Murray
Clevis Murray @ClevisMurray
Anderson Varejao didn't accept the Cavaliers championship ring in 2016, but will accept a ring from the 2017 Warriors.
9:54 AM · Oct 9, 2017
8 Retweets
8 Likes

Joe Vardon
Joe Vardon @joevardon
Tyronn Lue said Dwyane Wade will start at shooting guard for the Cavs and JR Smith will come off bench this season
12:00 PM · Oct 9, 2017
108 Retweets
112 Likes

Kuzma will need to develop a left hand. That spin move was nice but he exposes his shot. He was fouled earlier in the game on a similar play where he took it up with the right on the left hand side.

He's shocking because his long range game in college was rather meh. Part of the reason hype was cautious in SL was because he was lights out from distance and it seemed like a fluke. He's keeping that pace up through the preseason now though, so it looking more and more like a case where he learned to shoot in between the time college ended, his draft and now. Which is great for us. He keep this up, he should be starting over Randle giving Ball another outlet to spread the floor with.

BI continues to look like trash. With each passing game I get more and more upset he was the hangup for PG13 (a man who plays the same position).
So why not have Kuz start instead of BI? Randle is playing fine. Kuz isn't much bigger than other 3s.

Doomsayer

So why not have Kuz start instead of BI? Randle is playing fine. Kuz isn't much bigger than other 3s.

I'd rather have Kuz at the 3 as well, he doesn't rebound at all and that would be a huge liability at the 4. Especially considering Lopez isn't exactly someone who eats glass.

This Laker team looks like a dumpster fire right now.

Also, I think someone mentioned we fell in love with Clarkson. We did, because he was the 46th pick in the draft and looked like he had a ton of potential. Turns out he hit his ceiling quick and has been the same player since year 2. It's kind of unfortunate but for a 46th pick he is still a really solid contributor to the team.

Top Bottom