• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

spyder_ur

I'm not gonna hate on Durant, great player and I can understand his choice.

But I hope the Warriors win nothing and I'm not sure they will. The karma gods are strong.

Hope the Celts move to Gasol.

I told ya yesterday....go back and read thread! Have a friend who works at news station in bay area. They made them spend all morning working on a promo vid of Durant in GS. But the decision didn't come last night so they were pretty fucked then ppl got worried he changed last minute and they made vid for nothing. Basically they were trapped in the office until he made a decision.

Gigglepoo

This all depends though. Short term no doubt the ratings are going to go up like crazy. If they dominate the next couple of years, and no one even looks competitive the ratings will take a hit. NBA is going to need either LeBron to step up or one of the western teams to be competitive.

Heat had 3 HoF in their prime and didn't destroy the league. We'll watch because we don't know what will happen.

I'm struggling to believe this will be a thing next year. Something is going to happen. With the Heat in 2011, Lakers in 2012, I'm 95% sure something will happen to prevent the full 100% potential here being realized

And they'll still probably win the championship

I'm going to watch a few games to just see the sheer ridiculousness...

Everyone (well Radio sports shows) here in OKC are saying if KD leaves, Presti would actually think about trading away Westbrook for picks for the future, or make sure he stays. Holy shit, I can't wait for this meltdown.

Trade him to the Warriors /s

Honestly, I can't imagine the super teams that are going to be formed next year. No star is going on a team that will just lose to this Warriors team in the Finals or Conf. Finals

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
the league is frothing at the mouth with the chance to market a team that could do better than 73-9

Ratings increase when said team is playing.

So when the Warriors are playing yes people will care, and the ratings go up.

This is only for games that involve said super team though.

TheFatOne

Heat had 3 HoF in their prime and didn't destroy the league. We'll watch because we don't know what will happen.

I'm talking about 3+ years from now. If GS wins three in a row, and it just doesn't even look remotely competitive the ratings will take a hit. League hasn't seen anything like this so it's all just pulling shit out of my ass. For all I know even in this situation they pull the greatest ratings ever.

NHale

So Sam Presti have to trade Westbrook now, right?

Also the 2 year deal with player option screws the Warriors next year? Because they don't have cap space to sign Curry and KD next year.

bender

What time is it?
Time to get excited to have Harrison Barnes on my team. Hooray? At least it isn't Parsons.

Feel bad for OKC fans but that ownership group more than deserves this.

random25

No surprise here. I really expect him to go to GSW if he ever leaves lol.

Now the new villain in the NBA has been made. Let's see how the storyline unfolds.

Hitta93

Banned
Don't think the cap will allow super teams in the future, especially with the way some of these players are getting paid.

megalowho

KD gonna spend the prime of his career doing Harrison Barnes' job in the shadow of the MVP, nice

Ok, think that's all the salt I can muster right now.

giga

Tbh I will probably hate 16-17 Warriors more than the Heat Big Three now. Lebron has redeemed himself in my eyes with the Cavs.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Joining one of the greatest teams in NBA history, after talking shit about people teaming up. haha

jman2050

I bet Lebron told KD to go to Golden State cause he wanted a bigger challenge to overcome this season.

Lebron is like Goku.

Top Bottom