• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

The funniest result of all this is that Lebron has become the NBA's biggest hero.

My god

LeBron would probably be the hero here even if he was still on the Heat.

I'm almost looking forward to 2017-2018 season more now. I want to see this new ultra-super team era in action XD

And the NBA gets even worse, if that was somehow possible. There were 4 really good teams when the season ended last year. Now there are 3. Possibly 2, if the Spurs lose Duncan to retirement and Parker and Ginobili age in a hurry. Nobody else has any chance of winning the title. And yet people celebrated a 73 win team when 30% of the league's talent was on that roster.

This is obviously awesome for Golden State. Now when they face that one or two good teams in the playoffs, they have some other option against a good D than shooting an ill-adviced bomb from 30 feet out.

Choker goes to last year's best choker team.

RIP OKC.

Seriously question: Why in the world would you call OKC or their players chokers? Klay just happened to hit 11 threes in a must win game. Unreal performance and nothing OKC could do about it. Thunder played as well as any team for a 2 week stretch against the Spurs and Warriors. Calling someone a "choker" when they get outplayed is just lazy.

jmizzal

Fuck it I'm rooting for Lebron to stop this. Every other team trade their best players to Cleveland to lend them our energy.

Spiritbomb this shit.
So you root for the guy who started the trend of running to super teams, now after another guy does it ummm ok

I thought at first that this move made no sense to add another shooter on the Warriors but they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn the last 5 minutes of game 7 so it addresses a need.

DWade
‏@DwyaneWade
Relationships are important people!

riley fucked up.

The guy who got you Lebron in the first place is out here having to taking meetings with other teams because you're chasing whales.

NHale

Bobby Marks said:
Next summer presents the challenge for GSW when Durant likely opts-out. With non-bird rights GSW will need to carve out $35m in room.

So it's basically a 1-year rental unless for some dumb reason the Thunder sign-and-trade him?

rando14

Sonics fan's prob love it

CmiKTsaVYAA4w-f.jpg

DWade
‏@DwyaneWade

riley fucked up.

The guy who got you Lebron in the first place is out here having to taking meetings with other teams because you're chasing whales.

No he didn't. Of course he was going after KD first. You want him to overpay a 35-year old shooting guard and kill the cap space before going after the nr. 1 free agent in the market? That's just stupid.

Heat have taken care of Wade his whole career. I doubt they stop now, and they would've done the same even if Durant chose Miami. Riley is one of the best and most respected people in the league for a reason.

>implying a team that set a team record in wins and tied the best home record in history needs new players

A lot of good that does you when those same players sans Leonard and Aldridge cannot seem to shoot. Spurs had a very big problem of over-relying on Kawhi and LMA to generate their offense, which is great if they're on their game like Game 1 against OKC...

DWade
‏@DwyaneWade

riley fucked up.

Dude totally struck out...

I mean yea we had .00001% chance of getting Durant but he let a lot of players go for nothing (Deng, Pusha T, Iso Joe) just to have Wade throw shade tweets at him

Sooo.......

0% it happens, but what do you think the chances are that OKC tries to pull a Deandre
because I really need that in my life XD

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Feel bad for Westbrook. Also should be the odds on favorite to win MVP this year.

Harden trade really was the worst. Trading him in fine was theory but they got completely fleeced and got almost nothing of value. A cheap ass owner was their downfall. Dude didn't want to spend money when he had KD and Westbrook.

Feel bad for Westbrook.

Harden trade really was the worst. Trading him in fine was theory but they got completely fleeced and got almost nothing of value. A cheap ass owner was their downfall. Dude didn't want to spend money when he had KD and Westbrook.

30 for 30 incoming?

The start of OKC's downfall

Sifl

So you root for the guy who started the trend of running to super teams, now after another guy does it ummm ok
Ye, times change and you find reasons to dislike other people. He might've started this, this 1 upped the original decision in terms of unlike ability imo. I might not like Lebron still, but Cavs are probably the only team that has a chance to stop them.

Top Bottom