• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

KD is going to have a breakout year. That man is going to go 90/60/50 because he doesn't have to take as many shots in OKC. Ok, 60fg% might be pushing it but he'll definitely hit 90/50/50

spyder_ur

Those are nice signings for the Celts. I thought they needed some vet stability at the wing. Green's not a fantastic player or anything, but he's solid. It'll be fun to see this team run next year with more athleticism and they way their perimeter guys generate turnovers. Green will get minutes. Not a good sign for Young's future (or Hunter's for that matter).

Zeller coming back was almost a given at this point. I'm surprised he got more than his qualifying offer, to be quite honest. It doesn't matter too much though and in some ways having the contract to deal is of some value.

The way the big/center market bottomed out so quickly makes the Moxgov signing only more ridiculous.

Yeah. At least they will have the cap space to strike out next off season :(

Like they did this summer?

Tom Penny

Those are nice signings for the Celts. I thought they needed some vet stability at the wing. Green's not a fantastic player or anything, but he's solid. It'll be fun to see this team run next year with more athleticism and they way their perimeter guys generate turnovers. Green will get minutes. Not a good sign for Young's future (or Hunter's for that matter).

Zeller coming back was almost a given at this point. I'm surprised he got more than his qualifying offer, to be quite honest. It doesn't matter too much though and in some ways having the contract to deal is of some value.

The way the big/center market bottomed out so quickly makes the Moxgov signing only more ridiculous.

Like they did this summer?

Sullinger at 6M one year is far better than Zeller at 8 one year. They jumped the gun on that one. Sullinger is a far more productive player even when fat as fuck. Zeller only played 11 minutes a game. They are stupid unless they are greatly expanding his role to 20+ minutes a game.

Bread

Banned
Damn Gerald greens contract is a steal

This is what we discussed at the famous San Diego meetings
I can now confirm that we did it!

nillah

Banned
dis3.gif

megalowho

Sullinger at 6M one year is far better than Zeller at 8 one year. They jumped the gun on that one. Sullinger is a far more productive player even when fat as fuck. Zeller only played 11 minutes a game. They are stupid unless they are greatly expanding his role to 20+ minutes a game.
Eh. Don't forget how quickly Sully fell out of the rotation early on, and how abysmal he looked in the playoffs. The weight/gambling/who knows what else clearly reached a point where the C's were done giving last chances, especially after signing Horford.

Zeller's contract is just as team friendly, and an 8m expiring is a nice trade chip for the deadline should a deal transpire. Say what you will about his skillset (I'm lukewarm, especially after some slumps of his own last year) - he can run the floor, he's good in PnR sets and is a high character guy that knows his role. He'll only see 10-12 minutes again anyway as the 4th string big, if that. Don't know if I'd definitely rather have one than the other but don't see it as a stupid move either.

the post-retirement of Bryant and Duncan couldn't be more in character. Kobe tours the world hanging out with Jackie Chan and Snoop Dogg, Timmy picks up another XXXXL Tall black t-shirt at an Old Navy sale.

Fjordson

I have to say though, ever since Paul George hurt his leg I'm kinda nervous about guys playing in this. Not that the injury risk wasn't there before, but I feel like that was the first major one for team USA.

Top Bottom