• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

ViciousDS

Banned
The more I read the more I come to the grips that we have a very high chance of having Butler gone from the Bulls tonight and I'm going to be really depressed that would become a rebuild team in a matter of 2 days

Fjordson

Hmmm

Clqpe7kWQAAPell.jpg

You guys think the Celtics are actually gonna get a deal done today with trading their pick?

I think this is the best time to trade picks. You lose leverage by instead of having assets you become a compulsive hoarder with no place to display your assets in a way they can increase their value.

bionic77

We have the finest ho's in all of the land in LA KD if you want to expand your horizons. And our team is certainly going to improve while GS has peaked and is going to get worse every year from now on. Silicon Vally is distinctly lacking in fine ass ho's and is instead overrun by fat rich nerds.

Follow your heart KD.

lol, NIke just gave you $300m and you talking about advantages beyond basketball.

Boy, if you don't get your ass in this house right now...

Haven't watched much college ball but what are the cons of Buddy Hield? His stats this year look crazy.

FG .501% 3P .457% FT .880% APG 5.7 SPG 2.0 PPG 25.0

qcf x2

The Pacers were already involved in two draft trades. There is a chance that there won't be any during the draft (though I'd still guess at least a few go down).

There will absolutely be trades during the draft. Several. The last mock I saw today had 5 players I viewed as first round talents going in round 2. Picks 1-5 are legit but after 6 or 7 this year? The gap between late lottery and second round is so small. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, either. I still think the Pacers will have a chance to draft a good player, though I doubt they get the guy I want (Bembry). When GMs see a guy they like but had some reservation about (height, potential injury concern) start sliding to where it won't get him fired if the guy doesn't pan out, the trades will start pouring in.

Lowe's thing is that while Young has skill he's very weak on D. Can't start him and Turner together or you'll get killed on the inside.

Turner is a good shot blocker with the potential to be a great shot blocker. Young is not awful defensively, he just is not a rim protector at all. He switches well and can guard stretch bigs out to the perimeter. David West was an absolutely horrid defensive player but they hid him. Granted it was with Hibbert and a defensive philosophy, but Bird is more worried about points. Not too many teams have rim protectors right now anyway.

Tom Penny

I'm still holding out hope that this is another smokescreen and we actually do take The Dragan.

No.

GS CEO is clownshoes. Pringles going to punch him in the face.

We drove this idea of small ball, and it’s a different style of play,” he said. “Having said that, I think it’s important to know that whenever everyone else starts doing things, it’s time to start doing what’s next. We’re on to the next idea — How can we iterate to evolve to get an advantage? I can assure you we’re very forward thinking in that regard.”

and previously

“We're light-years ahead of probably every other team in structure"

Top Bottom