• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Sandfox

I'd say Ainge has done a pretty good job in the draft given where the Celtics picks usually are. Of course if given the opportunity he'd probably want to draft Draymond over Fab Melo or Jimmy Butler over JaJuan Johnson but I'm not going to be too hard on him for that.

He also passed on Rodney Hood for James Young and took a massive reach on Rozier who was projected to go in the second round lol.

Jarate

Banned
Noel or Okafor + Saric for 3.

no way we're throwing in Saric, and even if we did, I think the basically would garauntee he wouldnt come over this year, which means you lose value

dude is tall, and shot 85% from his free throws while also shooting over 40% from 3s and improved substantially every year he played

He also passed on Rodney Hood for James Young and took a massive reach on Rozier who was projected to go in the second round lol.

I'll admit I hated our draft last year but I'm fine with the James Young pick. It didn't/hasn't worked out but it was a risk worth taking.

no way we're throwing in Saric, and even if we did, I think the basically would garauntee he wouldnt come over this year, which means you lose value

dude is tall, and shot 85% from his free throws while also shooting over 40% from 3s and improved substantially every year he played

The Celtics would love a player they can stash for a year.

Ibaka for 2-3 late draft picks

Do it Ainge

Ibaka could easily fetch a lottery pick from a team looking to make a run at credibility next year (TWolves?). Let's remember, George Hill was worth the 12th pick. Ibaka is a tall, long versatile defender who can shoot and is only 26 years old. The downside is he's only signed for one more year but you get his bird rights.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Trading Ibaka would be smart. Should have done it years ago, he's really regressed but still has trade value.

Don't think it means anything about Durant one way or the other.

jmizzal

Isaiah Thomas on recruiting Kevin Durant: “We definitely have a shot. I know that for sure. I’m just trying to reach out when I can and staying in his ear a little bit here. I know it’s a tough time for him because everybody is probably trying to reach out… My relationship with him is really genuine and hopefully I can get him to come to Boston.”

http://hoopshype.com/storyline/kevin-durant-to-celtics/

Lol Hoopshype second hot storylines is Kevin Durant to Boston

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dion Waiters has to have the best agent in the NBA. That guy doesn't get paid enough for his services. Bamboozled the league multiple times.

Cornbread78

What is this madness?
NBA Central (@TheNBACentral)

40 mins ago - View on Twitter

Rumor: Some around the league believe the Lakers may trade the #2 pick for Jimmy Butler tonight.

Who do they want in Chitown?

Sanjuro

uughh, please NO.

I keep checking the ticker and there is literall, nothing that looks good on paper. I'm almost ready concede another 5-10 years of mediocre teams unless they can get super lucky in the draft.

They have 8 picks today and don't have room on the roster for half of them at this point, so Danny boy has to do something...

Heard rumors about:

- Monroe (Bucks) for their 17th pick and a player
- #3 for Okafor (probably not going to happen)

Neither of those picks solves the Celtics problems of not having a good wing scorer and a shooter.....

Butler is staying in Chi town
Durant is not coming to Boston
Nobody wants Horford at max money....

There is literally little to nothing to do that will get them to the top of the East without getting supper lucky with a draft pick..

Fuck you! If I want my first round pick to fail, who better than some lanky Euro.

I loved watching Dunn for PC, but there is no logical way he makes sense for this Celtics team. Also, I don't have much faith in Ainge.

Cornbread78

Love all these tweets flying around:

MagicalNBA (@MagicalNBA)

5 mins ago - View on Twitter

ESPN verifies the Orlando/Butler rumor. Now let's discuss what is being offered. From what I know it is Vuc plus 11 as the opening offer.

ClmX4mKWYAAV06o.jpg

spyder_ur

I'd give up #2 for Butler in a second, if that was on the table. Bulls probably want more.

Re: Ibaka that is more about them having concern with resigning him and trying to maximize his value than any particular fit issues. Think Harden.

Top Bottom