• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA OFFSEASON TALK- Where our favorite teams go shopping for tanks

Sorry for repost but:

Join the NBAJAMGAF Fantasy League!

We have 12 teams and looking to up to 16 so there are some slots open. Currently no buy-in. Free and fun.

Depending how people feel, will maybe do a buy-in once we lock in people that know the ropes and can get serious about it.

League link:
https://yho.com/nba?l=34413&k=66196173e7ea2e70&ikey=710013c29fb13cf5

Boogie's tweet :lol

$82 mill for a bench player. What a time to be alive / in the NBA.

jesus lol

Is Tristan Thompson really worth that much? I mean even given the market? Is he that vital and unique of a player? I mean he's not going to start over Love. I would think it's not hard to find a hustle big man.

Is Tristan Thompson really worth that much? I mean even given the market? Is he that vital and unique of a player? I mean he's not going to start over Love. I would think it's not hard to find a hustle big man.

I wouldnt have paid him that much. The man averaged 8 rebounds and 8 points for the 14-15 season based on the nba gametime app

He's worth that much because in the NBA teams routinely overpay for players.

Here is my OT suggestion,, Stolen from Bread in the playoffs OT.
|OT| Lamar Odom (almost) died for James Harden to live.

Sorry for repost but:

Join the NBAJAMGAF Fantasy League!

We have 12 teams and looking to up to 16 so there are some slots open. Currently no buy-in. Free and fun.

Depending how people feel, will maybe do a buy-in once we lock in people that know the ropes and can get serious about it.

League link:
https://yho.com/nba?l=34413&k=66196173e7ea2e70&ikey=710013c29fb13cf5

jesus lol
Nice. Just joined. I call dibs on Kobe and JLin.
diddydatazz2.png
rejoice.png

Boogie's tweet :lol

$82 mill for a bench player. What a time to be alive / in the NBA.
Mozgov must be worth $120mil/5 years to Cavs.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Updated

Suggestions thus far..

Can you beat the Warriors?
We are all witnesses.
Everyone has a big 3.
No blood, no bone, no ash
_____ needs more help
Free Melo
Free Bougie
Parity sucks
I want allll my money
Got to give the people what they want
About to get paid in full
"The NBA season - full of flops, Pop and for Ty Lawson not Scotch"
Won't someone PLEASE be nice to the long suffering Lakers

|OT| Mark Cuban is, The Negotiator

|OT| Lamar Odom (almost) died for James Harden to live

I dunno about the last one...it's a bit too offensive..

Yea, he's worth 80. He's reliable, young and stays healthy. He'll be able to give Love and other bigs valuable rest time which -- given a lineup that features Varejao and Love -- is a big fucking deal. He'll be playing like 20 minutes+ a night most likely.

Hopefully with that contract they can develop his postup and short range jumper game so he can be more than an offensive liability and glass cleaner.

He just wasn't worth 90. If KLove and Varejao make it to the end of the year healthy and injury-free, the option to let TT play significant minutes will be the reason why. He's that important.

CR4TV3HUYAER8sM.jpg

Shout out to LeGM for getting it done

ty LBJ

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Updated

Suggestions thus far..

Can you beat the Warriors?
We are all witnesses.
Everyone has a big 3.
No blood, no bone, no ash
_____ needs more help
Free Melo
Free Bougie
Parity sucks
I want allll my money
Got to give the people what they want
About to get paid in full
"The NBA season - full of flops, Pop and for Ty Lawson not Scotch"
Won't someone PLEASE be nice to the long suffering Lakers

|OT| Mark Cuban is, The Negotiator

|OT| Lamar Odom (almost) died for James Harden to live

I dunno about the last one...it's a bit too offensive..

NBA 2015-16 Season |OT| The lottery process where bandwagoners decide who to root for

OK, now we are truly in tank mode.

WTF? Come on, guys. And no offense to you good Warriors fans here, but I'm starting to get ill thinking about the smug faces of those Warrior fans rubbing this in our faces. Fuck that shit.

I have to wonder though if these fans are actually the real ones, or something, and not just the annoying bandwagonners. Kind of hope it's the latter, because most of the annoying, cocky as fuck Lakers fans are the fair weather mouth breathers.

Kevtones

The Tristan Thompson deal looks pretty crappy when you consider Portland got Ed Davis for 3 years @ $20 million.

Reason being is that Ed Davis is the better player by just about every metric.

Vital???

No.

Unique???

Kind of, he destroys the best of the best on the offensive boards on a regular basis.

Fjordson

I hate to say this because it will probably jinx him, but Curry looks great. Like an improved version of last year's Curry. Barnes and Klay looked good also.

Will be really interesting to see how we start the season, especially with Kerr being gone.

WTF? Come on, guys. And no offense to you good Warriors fans here, but I'm starting to get ill thinking about the smug faces of those Warrior fans rubbing this in our faces. Fuck that shit.

I have to wonder though if these fans are actually the real ones, or something, and not just the annoying bandwagonners. Kind of hope it's the latter, because most of the annoying, cocky as fuck Lakers fans are the fair weather mouth breathers.

Worry about your own team. No one is going to brag about winning a preseason game.

Popping my head in here for a question...

Is there any online clothing store that has cool, off-kilter NBA gear? Specifically Clippers stuff?

Stylistically stuff seen on Homage.com

I hate to say this because it will probably jinx him, but Curry looks great. Like an improved version of last year's Curry. Barnes and Klay looked good also.

Will be really interesting to see how we start the season, especially with Kerr being gone.

Yeah I don't want to jinx him either, but I didn't think he could actually shot better. With Tristan now signed, you think Barnes is going to have a deal in place? Nov 2nd is coming up .

Cheebo

Banned

You take this way too personally dude lol. Every team (except the Spurs) becomes awful for a while and goes through the slow rebuilding process. Just ride it out. The Warriors were awful too. Then they drafted Steph, Klay, and Draymond.

Fjordson

The Warriors had just 23 wins three seasons ago. This shit is cyclical for most teams, you'll be back eventually Andrew.

Also, I would ignore any smug Warrior fans lol. I can't imagine anyone sensible caring about a preseason win.

Yeah I don't want to jinx him either, but I didn't think he could actually shot better. With Tristan now signed, you think Barnes is going to have a deal in place? Nov 2nd is coming up .
Tough to say. I'd definitely like to keep him going forward.

Barnes is in that weird middle ground where his production probably doesn't warrant the type of deal he's likely asking for, but you know some other team is going to sign him to it because of his potential. Maybe figuring his numbers are a bit dampened by the presence of Curry and Klay. I wouldn't be too upset if we overpay a bit to keep him around.

Cheebo

Banned
I like the Lakers but this weird idea they are "supposed" to be good is strange. No team is entitled to be good. The whole point of salary caps and the draft to help avoid the same teams always staying good.

I like the Lakers but this weird idea they are "supposed" to be good is strange. No team is entitled to be good. The whole point of salary caps and the draft to help avoid the same teams always staying good.

I just don't think Lakers fans are used to their team not competing for a title year in and year out. That and Jim Buss is a terrible owner. I still find it comical that he scrubbed every mention of Phil and the Triangle Offense from Lakers history.

I just don't think Lakers fans are used to their team not competing for a title year in and year out. That and Jim Buss is a terrible owner. I still find it comical that he scrubbed every mention of Phil and the Triangle Offense from Lakers history.

Sorry, my mistake. I do manage to get a little too passionate about Lakers basketball, do I not?

For me personally, I don't mind not competing every year for a title (and honestly, Lakers have 16 banners, I'm OK with them not winning another title for another 20 years), I just don't like it when they play awful, unexciting basketball. Last night and last season just had SO much of that, where it's like watching one of those awful Division One blowouts that NCAAF have every year. That's to me the only state of the Lakers franchise I just hate; not so much the superpower teams. Like I said, I'm OK with them not being the title contenders they were back in their dynasties, being the exciting 9th or 8th seed is good enough for me.

Lakers, like the Cowboys and the Celtics, will probably never be truly "the" *insert franchise here* that they were in the past, but that's fine with me. Just don't sink into the basement by being the equivalent of a MAC conference Football that wins only 3 games a season. I mean, shit even if they don't' win many games, they could be in the same boat as, say, a NCAAF team that's usually on the fringe of the top 25 but provide solid Football. I would have no problem with that.

Don't worry my fellow Lakers friends, as Ninja put it. Byron Scott is the best coach we could have when our top 3 pick is protected!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Lakers win 25 games this year.

Don't worry my fellow Lakers friends, as Ninja put it. Byron Scott is the best coach we could have when our top 3 pick is protected!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Lakers win 25 games this year.

If it means that Scott gets fired, we get a great player that helps fulfill an area in which we are lacking, and we play some solid basketball, then I'm for this.

You mean the way Joe Lacob was a "terrible owner" until he wasn't?

I think it should be clear to Lakers fans that they won't be competitive until Kobe retires. Luckily,
after he extends through 2018-19 season,
the team can truly start rebuilding.

You mean the way Joe Lacob was a "terrible owner" until he wasn't?

When did I ever say Lacob was a terrible owner? I was the first to point out how brilliant his hiring of Myers was at GM and bringing the Logo on board since day 1. Admittedly, I wasn't sold of Kerr at first but was ecstatic when Kerr hired my coaching choice, Alvin Gentry as assistant. People booed him on Mullin appreciation night because he took the attention away from Chris moreso than anything else (Fitz introduced him as "now the person you've all been waiting for" in the midst of a losing season). I still to this day agree with that. There's no reason why he should've tried to have the last word given how the season was going.

http://grantland.com/features/how-annoy-fan-base-60-easy-steps/

When did I ever say Lacob was a terrible owner? I was the first to point out how brilliant his hiring of Myers was at GM and bringing the Logo on board since day 1. Admittedly, I wasn't sold of Kerr at first but was ecstatic when Kerr hired my coaching choice, Alvin Gentry as assistant. People booed him on Mullin appreciation night because he took the attention away from Chris moreso than anything else (Fitz introduced him as "now the person you've all been waiting for" in the midst of a losing season). I still to this day agree with that. There's no reason why he should've tried to have the last word given how the season was going.

http://grantland.com/features/how-annoy-fan-base-60-easy-steps/

I'm not saying you did, I'm saying that was the narrative 5 years ago. Just like it's the narrative with Buss. And it's a lazy one. By all accounts Buss doesn't mettle. He lets Mitch do this thing. He's not Al Davis, or Dolan. I'm still not sold on him if he ever does decide to be more hands on, but as of now it's hard for me to just pin the state of the franchise on him. The franchise is the way it is right now because we are at the end of a championship run. Guys got old. Contracts got big. Certain transactions (that Mitch made, not ones that Jim forced him to make , and that every other GM in the league would have made, like getting Dwight and Nash) didn't work out. There are things they could have done better, don't get me wrong, and I'm the first person to call them out when they do fuck up, but people act like Jim Buss is some obstacle in the way of the Lakers contending again and it's just not the case.

Top Bottom