• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to believe a team is going to throw big money at him.

And why would he leave? He's luckiest mediocre role player in the world.

Here's what's going to happen...There are going to be a ton of teams with free cap space and not as many FA's well deserving of that money. Teams that have a ton of cap space but strike out on their number 1 FA will then look to sign someone like Barnes who is still young and has potential. B/c there are many teams thinking the same say, his value will be driven up just because every team has cap space and he's a player with an upside still.

Also don't forget that losing franchises generally have to overpay to get equivalent talent.

See Warriors through mid 90's-> most of the 00's...

Example off the top of my head- the year we lost Baron Davis, FO then turned around and offered a ridiculous contract to Arenas (thankfully Wizards matched) but then we turned around and threw that money at Corey Maggette simply because he averaged something like 7 FT's a game to go along with his scoring (and offered nothing else).

Why did the pacers let Vogel go?!? He's a great coach.

Yeah I don't get that. When you consider he had to completely change Indy's identity on the fly over the last couple years from a slow, plodding, Hibbert team to something that can compete in the more modern NBA, I thought he did a great job. He might become the next Carlisle wherever he ends up. Wonder if this means Indy is blowing it up and could really make Paul George available.

Larry wants more shooting. so small ball.

It's extremely likely that whatever will happen next year.. will happen with PG-13 as a PF.

Are the Lakers going to get Paul George?

Not without a King's ransom of picks.

phanphare

Banned
gonna be interesting to see where patrick ewing lands, lot of teams need a head coach

I hope he goes to the knicks just because I think that'd be awesome

I'm just asking what firing the coach has to do with wanting to play small ball

Vogel had been playing small ball early in the season, until he couldn't win games with PG-13 at the 4.

Larry wants to find a coach who can play small ball and win games.

It'd be cool if Vogel went to the Kings.

Servbot24

Banned
He'll leave because he's going to get a bigger offer sheet than what the Warriors offered ($64 mill over four years).

Even if it seems crazy, best believe he'll get it.

I feel like if I already made millions, I'd be more interested in potential extra rings as a starter rather than another couple million to add to the pile.

winjet81

The Vogel firing definitely seems weird to me. The guy made Lance Stephenson a good player. He had a top 3 defense this year starting Monta Ellis.

Pacers led the league in blown 4th quarter leads leading to losses. And Game 5 vs. the Raptors only exacerbated the trend.

Perhaps that's what Bird was alluding to regarding the players' tendency to tune out.

timthumb.php

[Stugotz]Heat in 5[/Stugotz]

Cipherr

Hawks players say Cavs' 3-point barrage was unprofessional
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/...anta-hawks-lebron-james-3-point-record-050516

"It's a certain way of being a professional," Paul Millsap said to Cleveland.com. "I'm not mad about it, but just being professionals man. If that's how you want to approach it, that's how you approach it. I think our team and our organization has class and I don't think we would have continued to do that, but other organizations do other things so what can you do about it?"
Al Horford echoed his frontcourt mate's sentiments.
"We probably wouldn't do anything like that [if we were in that position]," he told Cleveland.com. "...It's hard to say, but I would say no."

Kent Bazemore implied that what goes around, comes around.

I'm a firm believer in karma," the small forward said to cleveland.com. "Maybe we'll be the team to break that record soon. Everyone knows how they play. They get out in front and they're a totally different team. It is what it is. We'll see them again. That wasn't Game 4. That was only Game 2. They still have to beat us two more times before they can really celebrate anything.

Man if you don't get your whining asses.... What so we implementing mercy rules in the damn PLAYOFFS now? Jesus Christ man. This isn't some throwaway regular season game man... You are in the postseason. No brake pedals fool. STFU and do what you came to do.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/...anta-hawks-lebron-james-3-point-record-050516

Man if you don't get your whining asses.... What so we implementing mercy rules in the damn PLAYOFFS now? Jesus Christ man. This isn't some throwaway regular season game man... You are in the postseason. No brake pedals fool. STFU and do what you came to do.
Bunch of babies. They should put all their energy on getting better instead of all this complaining about the Cavs.

Why did the pacers let Vogel go?!? He's a great coach.

Starting to doubt Larry as GM..

Trade Kawaii

Max Roy.

Say PG as PF fresh off a leg injury.

Then this.
francis.png

To be fair he did great with PG's contract. That shit is looking like bargain.

Vogel is good coach though. He\ll be unemployed for like 5 mins.

Wow.. Just take L with you back to Atlanta and win game 3. Not Cavs fault the corners were open all game long lol. Cavs knows every shot goes to the history books.

Barkley sounds like a childish dumbass talking about "taking someone out" because your team sucks ass. I really hate this bullshit of thinking it's gritty or some shit to try and actually injure people. Garbage.

I'm kinda disappointed that the Heat Raptors game is on ESPN tonight. It makes it even worse that I have to listen to Jon Barry be salty about the Heat for the next couple of hours.

KazenY2J

Washington would have been a good spot for Vogel. Not sure why they were in such a hurry to hire Scot Brooks' bum ass.

Bill Simmons is intimating that Larry will bring his buddy McHale in to coach the Pacers.

Marz

Barkleys talking about sending a message, you gotta do it in playoff basketball sometimes.

Rodman did it almost every playoff series for the Bulls, Oakley for the knicks, Malone for the Jazz etc.

Barkleys talking about sending a message, you gotta do it in playoff basketball sometimes.

Rodman did it almost every playoff series for the Bulls, Oakley for the knicks, Malone for the Jazz etc.

No, he's talking about taking someone out which means to injure someone. He's a stupid fuck. Even Shaq was like you can touch them you can send a message but you can't say you're going to "take people out" because you're team is garbage. That's a disgusting sentiment.

Hawks salty as fuck lol

Play defense dummies, anytime I hear "running up the score is unprofessional" I just shake my head, you guys are grown men, not kids, do something about it or shut up

Hawks salty as fuck lol

Play defense dummies, anytime I hear "running up the score is unprofessional" I just shake my head, you guys are grown men, not kids, do something about it or shut up

I mean I kind of get the running up the score thing. Like breaking the 3pt record by running up on say the 76ers during the regular season is kind of like, "dude seriously?". But a goddamn playoff game? Are you shitting me?

Brinbe

Couldn't ask for a better quarter. Looks like Lowry/DD are back to normal. And everyone else stepping up and sticking shots. Just gotta keep this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom