• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
4HF6evn.jpg

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Charles is right, you shoulda knocked the shit out of someone... and take 'em out is the right word... I love Charles.

hbkdx12

Great performance by the cavs but is tonight's game the outlier? Are they expected to bring that kind of performance in the next two rounds? I don't mean the lights out threes but the cohesiveness and momentum. This is like their first "convincing" win in the post season so far. There was a point where I legitimately expected them to blow the lead (but still get the W) as they've done numerous times this post season

Nah. Though this is like 6 weeks old

L8bLP4Y.jpg
Whats particularly impressive about Curry and KD is that their 3 point shooting are rarely easy or corner ones. At least from what Ive seen. LBJ is such a bad shooter lol. Im not sure how Westbrook isnt a better 3 point shooter. Hes a pretty good shooter overall.

Why did the pacers let Vogel go?!? He's a great coach.

Yeah I don't get that. When you consider he had to completely change Indy's identity on the fly over the last couple years from a slow, plodding, Hibbert team to something that can compete in the more modern NBA, I thought he did a great job. He might become the next Carlisle wherever he ends up. Wonder if this means Indy is blowing it up and could really make Paul George available.

LuniRPG

Someone's forgotten 2009. Celtics-Bulls, 7 game series with a total of 7 overtimes across 4 of those games? How would that series be improved by taking away the last two games (which Chicago won both of to steal the series)? That's one of the single best series in NBA history and you'd throw away the chance for another first-round series like that just because a lot of them end up being terrible? A 5-game first round series would still be bad for the Warriors this year, as Curry would still have been injured but had fewer games to recover; that's not good for the league. No, I'll take my frequently shitty first round series for the occasional bit of brilliance or chance to recuperate. After all, if it is indeed a blowout, it's just one extra game.

Just wanted to point out that the Celtics won game 7 and the series so nothing would have changed result wise if you took away game 6 and 7. I think it could have still been awesome with just 5 games, but yeah in that situation that series could have gone 11 games and I wouldn't have minded.

I personally think the NBA could do with shortening the playoffs and making each game matter more. 5 game series until the conference finals or at least shorten the first round back up.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If you can guarantee a way for the owners to make more money on a 5 game series then it can be done.

Otherwise it'll never happen.

PBY

Banned
Just wanted to point out that the Celtics won game 7 and the series so nothing would have changed result wise if you took away game 6 and 7. I think it could have still been awesome with just 5 games, but yeah in that situation that series could have gone 11 games and I wouldn't have minded.

I personally think the NBA could do with shortening the playoffs and making each game matter more. 5 game series until the conference finals or at least shorten the first round back up.

I go back and forth on shortening the playoffs.

To be honest - even if round 1 kind of sucks, I'd rather just play 60 regular season games.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Nope but someone will... We offered him draymond green level money last year and he turned it down. I still can't believe that.

I refuse to believe a team is going to throw big money at him.

And why would he leave? He's luckiest mediocre role player in the world.

Fjordson

I refuse to believe a team is going to throw big money at him.

And why would he leave? He's luckiest mediocre role player in the world.
He'll leave because he's going to get a bigger offer sheet than what the Warriors offered ($64 mill over four years).

Even if it seems crazy, best believe he'll get it.

Gigglepoo

He might become the next Carlisle wherever he ends up.

We fired him, too. I really don't get the decision to fire Vogel but I do have faith in the organization. We've been one of the most consistent Eastern teams for 20 years so I imagine there's a plan moving forward.

Still scary, though.

random25

Yeah I don't get that. When you consider he had to completely change Indy's identity on the fly over the last couple years from a slow, plodding, Hibbert team to something that can compete in the more modern NBA, I thought he did a great job. He might become the next Carlisle wherever he ends up. Wonder if this means Indy is blowing it up and could really make Paul George available.

Current coaches have a shelf life of about 3 to 4 years. I like Vogel so much as a coach and really have done a tremendous job with the massive turnaround from being mediocre to one of the best teams in the East for most of his stay in the team. But the team just haven't done well on the offensive end with him as a coach. Bird probably felt like the players haven't responded to him on that end for a long time so a coaching change is what he sees as a solution. Hopefully they'll recruit a coach that will produce better results because Vogel has made a name for himself with the things he achieved during his rookie head coaching job. That and better supporting cast to PG.

Fjordson

The Vogel firing definitely seems weird to me. The guy made Lance Stephenson a good player. He had a top 3 defense this year starting Monta Ellis.

Just wanted to point out that the Celtics won game 7 and the series so nothing would have changed result wise if you took away game 6 and 7.

D'oh! Gotta check my history. Still a damn good series.

I go back and forth on shortening the playoffs.

To be honest - even if round 1 kind of sucks, I'd rather just play 60 regular season games.

Definitely on board with shortening the regular season. No more back-to-back-to-backs or four games in five nights nonsense; it leads to shitty basketball that is not even remotely entertaining to watch. And, let's be honest, 60 games is enough time to determine who is good and who isn't. Plus it makes every game a little more meaningful. Keeping the playoffs long and shortening the regular season also means we get less "Lakers vs. 76ers" type matchups that no one on Earth could possibly care about.

The same Brad Stevens who got blown out by the hawks on multiple occasions?

Yes. But against the Cavs he would have pulled out some Phil Jackson zen shit and made a killer speech about Lebron's dick being shorter than Isaiah Thomas and people would play relaxed and lose by 15 instead of 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom