• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

J2 Cool

GSW is just too fundamentally solid. Durant and Westbrook have to ball of they want to have a chance.

Westbrook is shooting terribly even for Westbrook. An airball?

I had some suspiscion he fell on his hand/wrists hard to start the game. Hoping thats not the issue but it could be.

Dthomp

I'm not trolling. I recognize it's phenomenal. But I don't enjoy watching it. Much like people's attitude about the Spurs.

I'm in the same boat. Too much an old school NBA guy myself. It's not just the Warriors, as watching the Rockets makes me want to vomit just as much. Players are too soft to take it down low and bang anymore (or just would rather chuck 3's). Putting two teams that want to just sit back and shoot long shots is awful, i have a hard enough time watching my favorite team (Thunder) play let alone going against the Warriors

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
When I made that "OW" post after seeing the collision in real time, I thought klay and russell may have bumped heads. But seeing the replay in slow motion, it looks like Klay basically reached for the ball and in the process ran headfirst into russell's elbow, then russel got spun around as klay fell to the ground.

I'm not trolling. I recognize it's phenomenal. But I don't enjoy watching it. Much like some people's attitude about the Spurs
I imagine you'll find yourself in the minority on this.

Individual greatness and skill is fun to watch for most of us. It's why Jordan was so revered, and it's why Curry has the potential to reach the same heights in ways that LeBron never will.

When I made that "OW" post after seeing the collision in real time, I thought klay and russell may have bumped heads. But seeing the replay in slow motion, it looks like Klay basically reached for the ball and in the process ran headfirst into russell's elbow, then russel got spun around as klay fell to the ground.
Problem was the pass. That was a duck.

Dthomp

Well if the Thunder play like this (Turnovers, bad jump shots) then this is going to be a quick series. Where is the early years KD attacking the rim and drawing fouls? Now he's just happy dribbling up and taking a contested 18 footer. The Thunder have great athletic players and only Westbrook is willing to attack the basket.

I'm in the same boat. Too much an old school NBA guy myself. It's not just the Warriors, as watching the Rockets makes me want to vomit just as much. Players are too soft to take it down low and bang anymore (or just would rather chuck 3's). Putting two teams that want to just sit back and shoot long shots is awful, i have a hard enough time watching my favorite team (Thunder) play let alone going against the Warriors

I mean, most of that half was solid defense and taking it to the paint but whatevs.

Fjordson

Durant only 5-11 is crazy against the Warriors. Dude usually takes a flame thrower to the entire Golden State roster. Here's hoping he doesn't explode too badly in the second half.

Dthomp

I mean, most of that half was solid defense and taking it to the paint but whatevs.

I wouldn't argue that at all. The turnovers are at least 50% OKCs fault in this game if not more, but that is what GS is doing the OKC just doesn't do enough and that's attacking the rim for an easy 2 when it's there and not forcing the long shot like they keep doing in this one

TTG

Well if the Thunder play like this (Turnovers, bad jump shots) then this is going to be a quick series. Where is the early years KD attacking the rim and drawing fouls? Now he's just happy dribbling up and taking a contested 18 footer. The Thunder have great athletic players and only Westbrook is willing to attack the basket.

Well, Ibaka is 5-10 and Kanter is 2-4 for a reason. GSW(Draymond and Bogut) are there to prevent that from happening.

Does Westbrook even care about taking care of the ball? How many times does he just fucking lose it or turn it over off bad pace? If he went to the off season and did nothing but find better ways to hold his pace without throwing it away he'd be significantly better than he already is when he isn't just launching bricks.

And jesus, I love Kevin but this year he's been so fucking sloppy with the ball too.

I don't know if it's easy to appreciate how much pressure GSW puts on teams with their ability to push the ball and get easy 3s. It has an negative effect on the Thunder offense as well, because if they crash the boards and don't get the rebound, congrats, you're down by 3 more.

gsw shooting is unreal. this is the reason i don't like watching them. not necessarily okc, but any opposing team can take 20 seconds and run a great halfcourt set, and then warriors go to the other end and put up a 3 within two seconds. shit is just obnoxious.

This I don't agree with nor do I understand

Warriors move the ball well, get all their players involved (check assist) while at times going on fast breaks, and play good defense at times.

What you outlined isn't all the Warriors do. It's one of the things they do.

Dynomutt

I wouldn't argue that at all. The turnovers are at least 50% OKCs fault in this game if not more, but that is what GS is doing the OKC just doesn't do enough and that's attacking the rim for an easy 2 when it's there and not forcing the long shot like they keep doing in this one

Game has changed man. Its an offensive players world. Imagine today's NBA if you could still hand check. If MJ played in today's league where a player can't touch you literally.... Oh wow he would live at the line.

J2 Cool

Klay is such a freak. Curry's a magician, but Klay's a freak.

Also KD's head not in the game, Westbrook's just getting there. KD needs to turn it around. Also Roberson's balling, between him and Waiters gives OKC a little of a rotation.

Dthomp

Like I said stop trying to let KD run the offense from so far out. Careless turnover that turns into more points on the other end. This game would be neck and neck without all of the points off turnovers coming off of KDs hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom