• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

NBA is pretty simple...Curry, Lebron, Westbrook, Durant, Derozan, Lowry. Some of those players are not the same...excluding Kyrie, Love, Draymond and Klay lol

See, that's the Raps strategy against the Cavs. Lull them into a false sense of security with a 30 to 40-ish point lead and then BAM! Counterattack.

See Homer's overpunching strategem.

oh I get it

lull Cleveland into a false sense of security by losing the first four games, only to come back and win in 9

Thunder better win the WCF so this actually becomes possible

Assuming the Thunder go through the Spurs and Warriors without having home court in either series, what makes you think they would be even remotely similar to the pushovers the Cavs have faced?

Everyone reminds us of how the Warriors had it SO EASY last year getting to the finals but how does that compare to what the Cavs go through?

Warriors are the only chance for a 7 game series against the cavs

I still say Cavs sweep the thunder

Height advantage would be gone
You have to deal with lebron
Ibaka will most likely guard love and last time ibaka had to guard Battier and Battier hit a ton of 3's due to poor defense

To those that said Cavs in 5 or 6. I need to have whatever you guys are smoking. Raps ain't winning a game. This will end in 4 games.

I said that we are last years's Hawks, but even that might be too much of a compliment.

Tom Penny

This is the easiest path to the finals I have ever seen. Every team on the East besides the Cavs a B-tier garbage.

Last time Lebron had to face a team in the East with remotely close to the talent of his team they were geriatrics that got flipped into a bunch of Nets picks..

nillah

Banned
This is the easiest path to the finals I have ever seen. Every team on the East besides the Cavs a B-tier garbage.
Path to the Finals sounds like a High School book detailing someone's walk to the final exams
7/10
LOL
Doing so you're also discrediting teams like Detroit, and Indiana both of which are top tier teams and have a lot to look forward too...

Cheebo

Banned
Path to the Finals sounds like a High School book detailing someone's walk to the final exams
7/10
LOL
Doing so you're also discrediting teams like Detroit, and Indiana both of which are top tier teams and have a lot to look forward too...

I think people are already forgetting just how down to the wire 3 out of 4 of those Pistons games were. Especially after all the blowouts against Atlanta. Detroit in that series was one of the best performances by a team that was swept that I can remember. And that team is yooooooung. Pistons going to be a consistent 50+ win top tier East team in the near future. If the NBA does indeed kill the hack-a rule Pistons are going to be scary.

Tom Penny

7/10
LOL

Pacers exciting future hiring Nate McMillan? Nah.

Joei

No way man, Warriors practically got a red carpet to the finals rolled out for them last year! They are so lucky and fake.

Well, no one had their starting PG last year. And this year, they could have sleptwalked to WCF, I mean come on, Houston is absolute trash, they had no business losing a game to them, and Portland ain't that great either. Detroit and Atlanta are tougher teams. Detroit especially is on the cusp of being a very good team and they matched up extremely well with the Cavs. The east teams ain't B-tier garbage. You wanna talk about garbage teams, aside from the obvious 3, the west was a joke this year. East would have been more entertaining had injuries not ravaged it. Cleveland still would be going to the finals, but it would have been more entertaining.

Cheebo

Banned
Pacers exciting future hiring Nate McMillan? Nah.

Yeah...Indiana is a solid team but they arent a super youthful team on the rise with a A+ level coach like Pistons have. Pistons are a young 44 win team with nothing but a ton of upside.

Assuming they stay healthy and we do get a hack-a rule change this summer they will be a top 4 seed for sure next year.

Tom Penny

Yeah...Indiana is a solid team but they arent a super youthful team on the rise with a A+ level coach like Pistons have. Pistons are a young 44 win team with nothing but a ton of upside.

If Drummond no longer is a liability they are certainly a problem once they get even a decent bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom