• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Also didn't have Festus, Barnes or Barbosa in that game. Was an impressive win for sure.

And to me it's really not a big deal even if Houston wins tonight with Curry out. Still confident we can wrap the series up in 5 or 6.

Still taking too long. 4 or RIOT.

;P

Heat can't even sign Whiteside for close to max. They'll have to unload a bunch of people.

Not true - we can sign him to a max and re-sign Wade, but there's a bit of financial gymnastics involved (depending on how they go about it). The most logical choice would be to renounce Wade's bird rights and then sign both him and Whiteside, but I'm no Andy Elisburg.

megalowho

Don't like the trend of giving coaches GM responsibilities just to get them to sign. Can probably count the basketball minds that are perfect for both jobs on one hand, and even then I'd have concerns that focusing too much on one role would affect the performance of the other. Thibs could put in 80 hour weeks just on coaching alone.

Zeller Could Be Boston's Secret Weapon in Game 2

If anyone needs me, I'll be crying in the corner of my office.
I'd rather see a 75% healthy KO pump fake himself into oblivion than have to rely on Zeller as the game changing big for the series.

My bad its early in the morning. Whiteside on a max contract is kinda scary that's a big gamble

I don't think so. It all depends on which team he's actually signed with. As much as people go on about his attitude problem, Whiteside is no where close to the top in actual Technicals given out. He had the one issue right before the All-Star break, but nothing since. On the right team with the right leadership, I don't see Whiteside regressing as a player. He's got that now with the Heat, and I could see him continuing to excel on some other teams like the Hornets perfectly fine.

By comparison, I think if he were to sign with the post-Kobe Lakers or the Rockets under a max contract, he'd regress.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Wiggins will join him
Wiggins looks bad ass here.

Wow Thibs wants full control of Wolves as a GM and coach.

I guess this is the growing trend.

#PromoteByronScott
Literally no way he could be worse than Kahn so I'm fine with this.

Don't like the trend of giving coaches GM responsibilities just to get them to sign. Can probably count the basketball minds that are perfect for both jobs on one hand, and even then I'd have concerns that focusing too much on one role would affect the performance of the other. Thibs could put in 80 hour weeks just on coaching alone.
It sounds to me like it's more about him putting his guy in place as GM, so that there's a shared vision? And that's cool. If the Wolves hire Thibs, the day he signs the paper he's one of the 3 best coaches they've ever had. Before they play a single game. And I'm not exaggerating.

I don't think so. It all depends on which team he's actually signed with. As much as people go on about his attitude problem, Whiteside is no where close to the top in actual Technicals given out. He had the one issue right before the All-Star break, but nothing since.

On the right team with the right leadership, I don't see Whiteside regressing as a player. If he were to resign with the Heat, I only see him continuing to improve. By comparison, I think he would regressed if he were to join the post-Kobe Lakers.

I don't think the Heat can resign him. He's going to end up on some crap team making the max. The other thing that scares me about Whiteside is that I wonder how his game can be neutralized more as teams move to smaller ball lineups.

I don't think the Heat can resign him. He's going to end up on some crap team making the max.

Miami is going to have around $40 million or so to play around with this off season. The fact that Florida has no State income tax gives Riley the edge of potentially getting him to sign below the max offer like Dragic did.

Miami is going to have around $40 million or so to play around with this off season. The fact that Florida has no State income tax gives Riley the edge of potentially getting him to sign below the max offer like Dragic did.

They keep talking about how Riley wants to leave space open for a run at KD though. They also don't have bird rights for Whiteside. Will be interesting.

making someone the GM and the coach just seems like a bad idea from an accountability standpoint. The coach should worry about winning now. The GM should worry about that, but also the long term health of the team 4-5 years from now and setting up a team for the future. Can lead to a conflict of interest sometimes that I wouldn't want to deal with as a team. Look at Doc Rivers. Making dumb fuck trades and signings that are killing the Clippers long term all so that he can make sure he competes in this 1-2 year window.

ViciousDS

Banned
I don't believe anyone when they say they would've taken Draymond in that draft.

I don't know.....Marquis Teague over Draymond even in that Draft? I mean we already at the time were point guard heavy and fricken had Nate Robinson as our backup lol.....now Marquis don't even play basketball.....hes terrible

Marquis teague ranked 79th overall to play at Kentucky While Dramond was top 15?

Brinbe

All is right in the world again. This is the Pacers I know

We're gonna blow them the fuck out.

JV proving his worth this series. Such a stud. <3

bigred50

JV has just gotta find the consistency.

He has trouble doing this over the course of an entire game. He's historically only good in spurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom