• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
Same here. I've just wanted the Spurs offense to return. Ever since their championship two years ago they just haven't quite had the sharp-shooting since then. Kawhi is about it right now.

Their bench rotations showed that sort of ball movement earlier this year. Ginobili, Diaw, Anderson can get it going.

But, yeah--the grind it out, ISO, anti-Warriors pace they've determined is the best way to grind out games against the dubs is NOT the Spurs of a couple years ago, for sure.

That last championship run was some of the best basketball I've ever seen.

Eos

Unleash the boban
I grew up in Chicago in the '80s and moved to Texas in the '00s. Spurs/Bulls with a side of Raptors here (I loved the old dinosaur logo in high school, haha(.
yeah I ride for the raptors too since they're the only canadian team and I was huge fan of carter when i was younger
Same here. I've just wanted the Spurs offense to return. Ever since their championship two years ago they just haven't quite had the sharp-shooting since then. Kawhi is about it right now.
I hope they can get the offense clicking in this series because they can't beat the thunder if it doesn't get going

I hope they can get the offense clicking in this series because they can't beat the thunder if it doesn't get going

The only solace I have is the Spurs looked like crap at the end of the season and against Dallas in the first round the year they won, so perhaps they can get it clicking against the Grizzlies. They've done it so far in the second half, but I want to see a full game and not this slow build.

Frenden

Banned
The only solace I have is the Spurs looked like crap at the end of the season and against Dallas in the first round the year they won, so perhaps they can get it clicking against the Grizzlies. They've done it so far in the second half, but I want to see a full game and not this slow build.

It's been a season of farty starts to games. I think the OKC series is gonna be that Mavs moment this year. Sink or swim time, there.

Cheebo

Banned
Is it really any surprise West is full of blowouts and the East full of close games so far?

The east is way way way more competitive of a conference compared to the top heavy west.

Spurs went up by 32. Took them awhile longer than GS or OKC, but they did. Offense came alive in the third quarter. Just need to extend that to the first quarter.

Frenden

Banned
Go Spurs, go.

bobo.gif

Cheebo

Banned
Just remember while round 1 of the west is boring as fuck once these low seed teams are knocked off things are going to be amazing to watch.

East will continue to be fun because there isn't a single team that is a lock to win any series, all 8 teams can potentially best any of their matchups.

ViciousDS

Banned
It's funny......

I hate deandre, I hate CP3, I hate paul Pierce (although after watching his documentary I have massive....MASSIVE respect for the shit he's gone through and still playing)

But I like Griffin lol

I'm also now rewatching kuroko no basket thanks to the NBA finals lol

Frenden

Banned
I liked Griffin before the ham-headed beating of staff members stuff this year. That's okay by me. It makes watching Clippers games a lot less conflicting, haha.

Cheebo

Banned
I don't like Blake after his dumb antics this year. Deandre is a doofus. A way less likable verison of Drummond. CP3 is ok in my book. Sucks for a dude with his talent level to never ever make it to the conference finals.

Reddick seems like a good dude.

ViciousDS

Banned
I don't like Blake after his dumb antics this year. Deandre is a doofus. A way less likable verison of Drummond. CP3 is ok in my book. Sucks for a dude with his talent level to never ever make it to the conference finals.

Redick also is the #1. 3 point % shooter in the league.....he's a solid player and you never see him creating too much drama

ViciousDS

Banned
Holy shit Jamal Crawford lol

I really wish he never would have had that accident and stayed on the bulls. Yes, hard to remember the bulls drafted Jamal Crawford. I always loved him and his game.....dude was another major what if story

That's my feelings CP3. He's my favorite Point Guard in the League to watch, but I feel like last year was the last window for the Clippers to actually win it all.

BTW did you guys check out the 30 for 30 on the Shaq/Penny Magic? Man it was some great stuff. Had no idea Shaq's agent was trying to get him to the Lakers from his rookie season. What could have been...

Bread

Banned
BTW did you guys check out the 30 for 30 on the Shaq/Penny Magic? Man it was some great stuff. Had no idea Shaq's agent was trying to get him to the Lakers from his rookie season. What could have been...
The ending with shaq and penny was so sad. Penny was robbed of a legendary career.

Holy shit Jamal Crawford lol

I really wish he never would have had that accident and stayed on the bulls. Yes, hard to remember the bulls drafted Jamal Crawford. I always loved him and his game.....dude was another major what if story

I'm watching the Blazers home broadcast, and one of the announcers (Mike Rice) is an extreme homer. Jamal Crawford was on the Blazers a couple years back, and Rice usually talks highly of former Blazers, so he's on Rice's "I like you, but please don't play well against the Blazers" list. When Crawford hit that shot, Rice's commentary was "I love Jamal Crawford... but not when he does that!"

ViciousDS

Banned
OK Microsoft......you have a quantum break commercial every damn break.....I can imagine if you don't spend this amount on marketing maybe the profits will be better for it lol.

I'm watching the Blazers home broadcast, and one of the announcers (Mike Rice) is an extreme homer. Jamal Crawford was on the Blazers a couple years back, and Rice usually talks highly of former Blazers, so he's on Rice's "I like you, but please don't play well against the Blazers" list. When Crawford hit that shot, Rice's commentary was "I love Jamal Crawford... but not when he does that!"

Sounds a bit like Stacy King....he really liked luol Deng and captain kirk

neptunes

Their bench rotations showed that sort of ball movement earlier this year. Ginobili, Diaw, Anderson can get it going.

But, yeah--the grind it out, ISO, anti-Warriors pace they've determined is the best way to grind out games against the dubs is NOT the Spurs of a couple years ago, for sure.

That last championship run was some of the best basketball I've ever seen.
They can't facilitate that offense because they got two forwards that play inside. Before it used to be 4 around 1. Now it's 3 around 2.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Nobody in Portland likes Mike Rice, don't worry.

I really dislike Chris Paul.

If the Houston Rockets didn't exist, the LA Clippers would easily be the most disliked team in the NBA. But they do enough fun stuff beyond their constant bitching that I'll forgive most of their nonsense. That Paul-Jordan alley-oop earlier? That erases all memory of Chris Paul constantly grabbing people and acting outraged when he's told that's not allowed. But I think it all stems from the top; Doc Rivers just seems really miserable all the time. He's constantly complaining about every little thing, even when things go his way, and I'm pretty sure you could find at least 10 different gifs of him looking incredulous with the most basic of internet searches. Doc Rivers is the guy at the restaurant who puts a bunch of bills on the table at the start of the meal and tells the server "this is your tip" and then just keeps taking them away for silly bullshit like "my icewater was too cold" or "you sat an unattractive couple in my line of sight." And then if someone tells him he's acting like an asshole, you get this shit:

giphy.gif

Portland played pretty well through most of that first half. But man, those last two minutes were brutal. Now, granted, I don't expect them to win this series, so I'm tempering my appreciation for their success with a healthy dose of cynicism, but I would love to see them steal a game in LA. If it happens to be Game 1? Even better. Still a lot of game left, and they seem to have more fight than any of the other low seeds out West. Go Portland!

Nobody in Portland likes Mike Rice, don't worry.

Dude, I love Mike Rice. I don't turn to him for unbiased commentary, I turn to him for hilarious anecdotes that don't make any sense. He's great when paired with a more traditional play-by-play guy in Mike Barrett.

It was cool seeing SVG say in plain English what everyone has known about LeBron since like 2006.

He should also bring up how LeBron is always allowed to basically molest his guy on defense.

Let the hacking commence. This is why the Clippers will never make it out of the West.

It seems like it shouldn't be hard to teach Jordan to shoot free throws. They don't need to teach him how to rebound or dunk or block shots; he's already pretty damn good at that and that's basically why he's out there. Hell, they've taught him how to double on the perimeter and recover to the passing lanes; that's way harder than a free throw. Just spend an entire offseason having him shoot a thousand free throws a day. Nothing else. He could be a beast from the line. And don't tell anyone about it; just wait for hack-a-DeAndre and then laugh all the way to the bank.

It's not a mechanics things after x amount of years in the league. It's a mental thing for freethrows. Some people just can't block out everything and focus on the shot.

Shaq for example. He changed his form and still shot terrible. Tristan Thompson changed hands and still shot terrible.

They can hit them in practice but game time is a whole different story.

Bazemore did pretty well at the freethrow line tho. He was like around 50% last year but now I don't mind him being at the line.

I do agree tho. These ppl need to figure out how to make their FTS. Gotta be something they can do to block it all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom