• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViciousDS

Banned
Kawhi Leonard taking DPOY two years in a row and the first non Center player to get back to back since Rodman. Voting was a land slide, Draymond second and Whiteside came in 3rd.

I look forward to seeing how the Warriors turn this into a sign of disrespect and proof that no one believes in them.
McHale was joking around last night that every award should go to any of the Warriors players.

E: I'm probably one of the few that enjoyed Marv and Kevin working together.

Undefined

I actually think raptors will still win the series.
It would be way too funny and embarrassing for them to lose first round this year.

I think the pistons are the toughest opponent for Cleveland in the east.

If Warriors dont have curry, I dont know if they can make it past the first round.

Line_HTX

Just heard about Jalen Rose's made up Shit during halftime of Game 1. No one even used analytics or whatever the fuck metric to even justify that Dwight Howard had a "good season."

Fucking Shit does not know what he's talking about. The eye test here in town proves that he didn't step up.

I actually think raptors will still win the series.
It would be way too funny and embarrassing for them to lose first round this year.

I think the pistons are the toughest opponent for Cleveland in the east.

If Warriors dont have curry, I dont know if they can make it past the first round.

The Raptors should win their series but if PG keeps on playing like he did they're probably fucked, especially if the Raptors' front court continues to play like garbage.

Undefined

Against the Rockets, Warriors will be fine. Houston was one of the teams that lost to the Warriors during the regular season without Curry

Yea maybe. This Rockets team is really unpredictable. They are able to play against elite level teams but are also able to suck ass. I dont know how reliable Klay is during playoffs.

Fjordson

By all accounts Curry's injury isn't serious. I'd rest him tonight and try and take the game without him. If you lose, it's only 1-1 and Curry gets heal up for game 3. Curry's health for the long term is more important than the sweep imo.

What are the chances lakers offer Whiteside a max contract and he actually accepts? Is it wrong of me to rather have Whiteside rather than DeRozan?

ViciousDS

Banned
By all accounts Curry's injury isn't serious. I'd rest him tonight and try and take the game without him. If you lose, it's only 1-1 and Curry gets heal up for game 3. Curry's health for the long term is more important than the sweep imo.

he missed practice.....they might as well just rest him. If Golden State cannot beat the rockets without him, I would be worried in the long run if Curry gets that ankle agitated again. A small bruise or injury can cause you to move your body differently than compared to healthy. A simple thing as a cut on your hand can cause you to do things to avoid hitting it again for pain. Now take that jack it up to 11 while pushing your body to its limits and its a disaster waiting to happen as you are trying not to use your ankle a certain way while putting even more stress on other parts making them even more injury prone now.

They really should just sit him.

Eos

2x all NBA defensive team
2x DPOY
NBA Finals MVP
NBA champion
All star
And he's only 24
237876539cf0770422cbc1f6c8a886c0.png

Gigglepoo

The Raptors should win their series but if PG keeps on playing like he did they're probably fucked, especially if the Raptors' front court continues to play like garbage.

Valanciunas was the second best player on the court Saturday. Myles Turner is going to have to prove he can hit outside shots to pull JV away from the basket. The Pacers can't rely on the refs keeping him out of the game.

Against the Rockets, Warriors will be fine. Houston was one of the teams that lost to the Warriors during the regular season without Curry

A loss is a loss, but it was only by 4 points, and we had T.J. on the floor most of the time which is a big reason for Green's triple double. Klay's still a threat, though. I'm not making any grand claims. All I'm saying is that it was only a 4 point loss.

Servbot24

Banned

Or have him suit up but only play if needed in the 4th

Which I don't actually recall ever really happening for some reason, dunno why

trebbble

Kawhi Leonard taking DPOY two years in a row and the first non Center player to get back to back since Rodman. Voting was a land slide, Draymond second and Whiteside came in 3rd.

Kawhi is definitely one of my favourite players to watch. He's constantly frustrating chumps and champs on defence. Well deserved.

I'm heading to the Raps game tonight, and hoping for a better result than the shit sandwich they served up for brunch on Saturday.

Undefined

Curry is so important to the Warriors team. If hes healthy, then it doesn't matter what happens in these playoffs cause the end result is gonna be Warriors champs.

Last year I would have voted for Curry to be Finals MVP. Ya Iguodala was really valuable, and without him they probably would have lost to Cleveland, but without Curry they probably would have gotten swept.

Nafai1123

Banned
Or have him suit up but only play if needed in the 4th

Which I don't actually recall ever really happening for some reason, dunno why

I was wondering this too. Is it considered disrespectful for a starter to play of the bench or something? Makes sense to me to wait and see how the game goes without him first.

A loss is a loss, but it was only by 4 points, and we had T.J. on the floor most of the time which is a big reason for Green's triple double. Klay's still a threat, though. I'm not making any grand claims. All I'm saying is that it was only a 4 point loss.

Warriors were on a the tail end of a back to back road game. This scenario won't happen in the playoffs. I'm all for resting Curry, but I do recognize a hot Harden + really good game by Dwight can potentially derail this..The big problem will be what kind of lineup tweak will be necessary. I can't imagine Klay having to guard Harden if Curry is out especially when his offense is needed.

What are the chances lakers offer Whiteside a max contract and he actually accepts? Is it wrong of me to rather have Whiteside rather than DeRozan?

The real question is if he'll take less with the Heat between them waving florida's no state tax in front of him along with playing with a competitive team and general loyalty for the team that has helped to develop him into what he is today. Because someone is guaranteed to try to max him so the temptation will be there

The real question is if he'll take less with the Heat between them waving florida's no state tax in front of him along with playing with a competitive team and general loyalty for the team that has helped to develop him into what he is today. Because someone is guaranteed to try to max him so the temptation will be there

Unless it's just barely below the max, he'd be stupid to take any offer less than the full max.

Fjordson

Warriors were on a the tail end of a back to back road game. This scenario won't happen in the playoffs. I'm all for resting Curry, but I do recognize a hot Harden + really good game by Dwight can potentially derail this..The big problem will be what kind of lineup tweak will be necessary. I can't imagine Klay having to guard Harden if Curry is out especially when his offense is needed.
Also didn't have Festus, Barnes or Barbosa in that game. Was an impressive win for sure.

And to me it's really not a big deal even if Houston wins tonight with Curry out. Still confident we can wrap the series up in 5 or 6.

Unless it's just barely below the max, he'd be stupid to take any offer less than the full max.

oh i don't think the heat will keep him, i don't get the sense they'll willingly max him and other teams are going to sell him hard on being the centerpiece of their teams. I was just posting that as a possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom