• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebo

Banned
Heat / Hornets, and Heat / Raps were both pretty decent.

They are decent right now but none of them have as much potential upside and growth potential over the next few years as Boston & Detroit.Those two are the most likely next "elite" east teams over the next few years.

nillah

Banned
semi-pro-preview_l.jpg

Marz

The East is a shitshow. Full of regular season teams.

It's literally the Wade & Lebron show when it comes to Playoff gall. Wade didn't have his horses (Whiteside & Bosh), or we would've gotten an ECF comparable to the WCFs.

Now? We've gotten about two good series total in the entirety of the East playoffs...none of them including the Cavs.

Its a shame too, one of Wades last good years wasted.

Oozer3993

Indeed, brother. I don't think I'll ever get past "guarded optimism" in any CLE sport. After the Jose Mesa incident, I can't muster up "confidence". I just can't. I've been burned too many times.

Kinda sad as it also impacts my ability to really be excited or invested. I've seen this movie before, you know?

I know exactly what you're talking about. My heart skips a beat every time a Cavs player hits the deck. I'm sure something bad is gonna happen, I just don't know when.

kazinova

I know exactly what you're talking about. My heart skips a beat every time a Cavs player hits the deck. I'm sure something bad is gonna happen, I just don't know when.

Watching the Believeland 30 for 30 doesn't help. I got the same feeling. There's another shoe that'll drop, somewhere, probably...

My God, my fandom is totally messed up...

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
ARE YOU FUCKING LOCO?!
It's also a Star thing. Stars are a big part of playoff games because they are the ones who can take over a game. Harden can get you one or two. McCollum + Dame can get you one or two. By themselves. It's a big part of what makes the playoffs awesome. The East is full of teams that prosper in the regular season but don't have "that" guy.

Of the top 10 players, literally 9 of them are all concentrated in the west (and then even if you extend down to 11-15 you can throw in Paul George and then it's more Western Conference players). I'm not sure why there's such a huge lopsidedness to the stars in the west and the east. But goddamn someone needs to shuffle these guys around for Basketball Reasons™.

I think when all's said and done Klay will be considered the second greatest shooter of all time

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/118638/warriors-have-adjusted-to-russell-westbrook

His conditioning must be insane to be able to run off ball like that on offense then have to chase around the other team's best backcourt player on the other end.

Line_HTX

It's also a Star thing. Stars are a big part of playoff games because they are the ones who can take over a game. Harden can get you one or two. McCollum + Dame can get you one or two. By themselves. It's a big part of what makes the playoffs awesome. The East is full of teams that prosper in the regular season but don't have "that" guy.

Of the top 10 players, literally 9 of them are all concentrated in the west (and then even if you extend down to 11-15 you can throw in Paul George and then it's more Western Conference players). I'm not sure why there's such a huge lopsidedness to the stars in the west and the east. But goddamn someone needs to shuffle these guys around for Basketball Reasons™.

You gotta give the big stars incentive to be in those East teams though. As much as I want a shuffle, they gotta have reason to stay and be competetive against the likes of Cleveland.

I think when all's said and done Klay will be considered the second greatest shooter of all time

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/118638/warriors-have-adjusted-to-russell-westbrook

His conditioning must be insane to be able to run off ball like that on offense then have to chase around the other team's best backcourt player on the other end.

Klay is my third favorite player behind Curry and Kawhi. Heck he may even pass Kawhi. I think he really is the best SG in the league now.

Have you ever seen him look tired? Tough too, he's missed less than a handful of games in his career. He's a top 20 player and is still improving his game.

I really didn't want to point out his durability thus far for fear of jinxing it. *knock on wood* *sacrifice goat blood to basketball gods*

Joei

In fairness, Harden would carry his team past the first round at least.

Doubt it. Rockets are trash. They would have been 7 or 8th seed and got smoked out the first round. The West was crappy this year. Dallas sucks, Portland has one good player, Houston didn't deserve to be in the playoffs, Clippers are a joke, Grizzlies...? Ha! Did anyone think that any of those teams would make it to the finals?

That one or couple of days in a week where I have enoughtime to watch an entire game from start to finish.. And there's no game scheduled. No games tonight and tomorrow lol.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Has any player had such a consistently easy path to the NBA finals over the course of their career as Lebron has? It's insane how every year, his teams just walk to the finals with no competition.

Vorheez

Has any player had such a consistently easy path to the NBA finals over the course of their career as Lebron has? It's insane how every year, his teams just walk to the finals with no competition.
Yeah, and it has absolutely nothing to do with Lebron's greatness, right? Like maybe he gets there because he's better than anyone he plays against? This is the NBA. Everyone in the playoffs can play great ball.

The Celtics and pacers when he was in the heat gave him a hard time. In fact those heat pacers game were probably the best rivalry for a couple of seasons.

effzee

Agreed. It's why I've always said all his champions should come with an asterisk.

If MJ played in this era's East he would have demanded a trade to a WC team to really go through the best.

Gigglepoo

Yeah, and it has absolutely nothing to do with Lebron's greatness, right? Like maybe he gets there because he's better than anyone he plays against? This is the NBA. Everyone in the playoffs can play great ball.

If this was just a matter of LeBron's greatness, he would be better than 2-4 in his Finals appearances.

GaimeGuy

The Celtics and pacers when he was in the heat gave him a hard time. In fact those heat pacers game were probably the best rivalry for a couple of seasons.
Didn't Pierce and Allen shoot sub 35% in that 2012 series?

GaimeGuy

My post wasn't meant to be a knock against James, more bewilderment that year after year his teams sleepwalk to the ECF, and maybe 2 or 3 times has his ECF opponent been competent.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Ehh no? He lost his two best players last finals and dragged a mediocre at best squad to a series against the prime Spurs.

If that team beats the Spurs they would net be considered "Mediocre at best". Winning does wonders for a team when looking back.

Just think about that Mavericks team that beat the heat....

Let's be honest, everybody here would take LeBron to be on their team. I'm a LeBron hater myself but I don't deny his game. I just hate his diva drama. LeBron could go to Philly right now and get them into the Playoffs and analysts wouldn't even think about betting against him to reach the finals with that squad no matter what seed they end up being.

Come on, he took a team that had Mo Williams and Ilgauskus as their next best players to a NBA finals. Think about it.

Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan.

Gigglepoo

LeBron could go to Philly right now and get them into the Playoffs and analysts wouldn't even think about betting against him to reach the finals with that squad no matter what seed they end up being.

I would much rather see what LeBron could do if he went to a Western team. Having to go through teams like Golden State, LAL, San Antonio, and OKC would be pretty different than Atlanta and Detroit. Of course he's great, but reaching the Finals isn't that impressive when you're tearing through mediocre competition. Even when Boston, Indy, and Chicago were good, that's still only one good team LeBron would have to play before reaching the Finals. One! And that's a worse-case scenario for him.

Tom Penny

I would much rather see what LeBron could do if he went to a Western team. Having to go through teams like Golden State, LAL, San Antonio, and OKC would be pretty different than Atlanta and Detroit. Of course he's great, but reaching the Finals isn't that impressive when you're tearing through mediocre competition. Even when Boston, Indy, and Chicago were good, that's still only one good team LeBron would have to play before reaching the Finals. One! And that's a worse-case scenario for him.

At least he will get to 8 minimal..

lebron-hate.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom