• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgbball31

As a Cleveland sports fan, I have been conditioned to know what is coming by the end of this season, so I feel terrible for getting myself excited after 10 straight playoff wins. I know my excitement will make it hurt more in the end.

LeBron better get that FT% up, though.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Sigh, the eastern conference playoffs have been abysmal. Fucking Bulls couldn't make the playoffs against these sorry ass teams? Really?? lol

Cavs are going to be so rested for the finals.

Cheebo

Banned
Sigh, the eastern conference playoffs have been abysmal. Fucking Bulls couldn't make the playoffs against these sorry ass teams? Really?? lol

Cavs are going to be so rested for the finals.

Um? What? Bulls were a sorry ass team this year. Pistons who got the 8th seed over them were unquestionably the better team of the two.

Doc Holliday

the bulls are one of the sorriest teams there is

Only team that took games from the cavs in the last two years lol how sad is that???

Um? What? Bulls were a sorry ass team this year. Pistons who got the 8th seed over them were unquestionably the better team of the

That was my point....but the Bulls swept the raptors this year.

its funny to me how when cavs blowout a team oh lol weak eastern conference, when warriors does the same to an obviously weaker team OMG the warriors are the best team. Detroit probably would have beat Houston in a 7 game series.

That's the point I was trying to make the other day. The West has 3 Final favorites in comparison to the East's 1. There's just as massive of a gap over there, the only difference being interests in how the second round matchup between the 2 and 3 seed.

random25

On a positive note for the Raps, DeRozan is really playing well on offense the first 2 games. He just really need some help from Lowry.

Doc Holliday

Pistons also went what, 3-1 on Bulls this year though. Bulls didnt deserve that 8th seed spot.

Also I was talking about the playoffs if that wasn't obvious.

Guys that was my point....the teams in the east suck and the Bulls still couldn't get in.

Derozan is stepping up, not sure what the hell is going with Lowry.

Cheebo

Banned
Guys that was my point....the teams in the east suck and the Bulls still couldn't get in.

I wouldnt say they all suck. 1-4 in the West >>>>> 1-4 in the East. But 5-8 in the East were better than 5-8 in the West.

The Pistons are going to be the toughest team the Cavs will face in the East.
They are going to be a dangerous team as these young players get more experience. The youngest starting 5 in the league. Next to Celtics they are the team most on the rise in the East.

random25

You see, that's progress. And in the next game, they'll probably only lose by single digits.

They better be, or much better if they win the next game. Two straight games getting beat big time is straight up demoralizing.

They did play tougher, and they'll play even harder in game 3. Gonna take a great effort from the Cavs to pull it out.

I think it's more about the Raptors that should put a better effort offensively. Kyle Lowry shooting sub-30% from the field for these past 2 games won't really cut it for them even if the Cavs play subpar the next game.

G46mLOR.png

As a Cleveland sports fan, I have been conditioned to know what is coming by the end of this season, so I feel terrible for getting myself excited after 10 straight playoff wins. I know my excitement will make it hurt more in the end.

LeBron better get that FT% up, though.

Indeed, brother. I don't think I'll ever get past "guarded optimism" in any CLE sport. After the Jose Mesa incident, I can't muster up "confidence". I just can't. I've been burned too many times.

Kinda sad as it also impacts my ability to really be excited or invested. I've seen this movie before, you know?

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
I wouldnt say they all suck. 1-4 in the West >>>>> 1-4 in the East. But 5-8 in the East were better than 5-8 in the West.

Just no. Even the Rockets (8 seed) are better than everyone but the Cavs. The East is just a dumpster fire. Minor leagues/JV/2nd division/etc.

B.O.O.M

Just no. Even the Rockets (8 seed) are better than everyone but the Cavs. The East is just a dumpster fire. Minor leagues/JV/2nd division/etc.

Heat/CHA/BOS are better than HOU this year surely. It's not a matter of talent either, just a matter of heart. Jazz would have given a much better fight than the Rockets.

But yeah East as a whole been very disappointing in the playoffs. Can't think of a single fun series so far that I watched.

At least I have high hopes for teams like BOS/DET and maybe even Philly in the coming years, to make things interesting in the East

Heat/CHA/BOS are better than HOU this year surely. It's not a matter of talent either, just a matter of heart. Jazz would have given a much better fight than the Rockets.

But yeah East as a whole been very disappointing in the playoffs. Can't think of a single fun series so far that I watched.

At least I have high hopes for teams like BOS/DET and maybe even Philly in the coming years, to make things interesting in the East

Heat / Hornets, and Heat / Raps were both pretty decent.

Indeed, brother. I don't think I'll ever get past "guarded optimism" in any CLE sport. After the Jose Mesa incident, I can't muster up "confidence". I just can't. I've been burned too many times.

Kinda sad as it also impacts my ability to really be excited or invested. I've seen this movie before, you know?

Fuck that, man. Enjoy this shit! This drought or curse or whatever isn't gonna last forever. This is by far our best chance since the Indians 95/97 teams. Maybe even better.

KingBroly

Banned
Raptors fans don't have anything to be ashamed of, honestly. They foiled Silver's TV plans and put Canada on their backs in the midst of poor NHL TV ratings.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
The East is a shitshow. Full of regular season teams.

It's literally the Wade & Lebron show when it comes to Playoff gall. Wade didn't have his horses (Whiteside & Bosh), or we would've gotten an ECF comparable to the WCFs.

Now? We've gotten about two good series total in the entirety of the East playoffs...none of them including the Cavs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom