• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dthomp

CjLZ42-UgAASrWm.jpg

lovely. Precedent is set there and they still choose not to suspend.

tookhster

The OKC crowd will be loud as fuck tomorrow. Particularly when a certain somebody has the ball.

Glad he isn't suspended, let's just play some fucking basketball.

Because it's not remotely obvious or definitive from any angle + we have tons of video of him kicking his leg out to get calls?

That 5 minute video that guy put together showing all of Draymonds leg kicks? i watched the first minute and turned it off. Everything he was doing was in one motion during the course of a shot or basketball move. What he did last night looked nothing like the rest of those.

How can the league justify that?
The league has been corrupt and had double standards for ages.
As a Bulls fan, I remember like it was yesterday Jordan clawing Reggie Miller's face and Reggie getting tossed but Jordan not.
Reggie started it but obviously they both should have been thrown out.

The League Darling Warriors cannot possibly be without one of their best players in this crucial time, anyone expecting the league to have made the right move in these circumstances is blind.

Stephen Adams likely would have been suspended if he did it though.

bender

What time is it?
I guess you need to kick someone in the dick three games in a row for a suspension.

It's not a surprising decision and would have been a suspension if it was done by a lesser player.

Fjordson

Draymond fined $25,000 lmao.

Not being a pro athlete is a bummer. Wish I could be in a situation where losing twenty-five thousand dollars is the good outcome.

Surprised to see no suspension. The series stays more interesting with him playing game 4 though, wonder if that is factored into the decision

It does give him and extra "point" so another F1 or F2 means auto-suspension

He needs two more F1s or one more F2. Neither of those will ever happen so the point is meaningless.

Nafai1123

Banned
Surprised with the no suspension call given the precedent. Seems rather obvious who NBA officials want to see in the finals. r/nba is in straight riot mode right now.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I honestly don't like our chances tomorrow with Dray playing... Warriors are going to have to grab this game by the balls from the jump.
Killer Steph needs to show up from the get-go. That's the only way they leave OKC with a split.

_____

Absolutely stunned he didn't get suspended.

Serge Ibaka of the Oklahoma City Thunder has been fined $25,000 for striking Blake Griffin of the Los Angeles Clippers in the groin area, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.

The incident, which was called a Flagrant Foul 1 on the floor and upgraded to a Flagrant Foul 2 upon league office review, occurred with 1:52 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Thunder's 108-104 win over the Clippers on Sunday, March 3 at Staples Center.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/21817695/thunders-serge-ibaka-fined-25000-wont-be-suspended-for-griffin-hit

lol

NBA hit the banderas gif when they remembered they did the exact same thing for OKC.

TSM

Adam Silver is all about the NBA as a product, and Green not getting suspended enhances the product. This was the obvious outcome.

random25

I'm not surprised, though it makes these calls inconsistent, especially when a precedent by the name of Dahntay Jones got suspended and it was not even called in-game lol. Guess stars are safe in suspensions from these playoffs. Westbrook might as well punch Green in the face as a retaliation since he'll probably get away with it lol.

Surprised with the no suspension call given the precedent. Seems rather obvious who NBA officials want to see in the finals. r/nba is in straight riot mode right now.

I'm not surprised. GSW is down 2-1 with another away game tomorrow. The League wasn't going to put them at more of a disadvantage.

Fjordson

I remember trolling peterboy and others about Miami getting favorable treatment from the league in the Lebron era. It's all come full circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom