• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the expected decision. Hopefully they still upgrade it to a flagrant 2 and fine his ass, if for no other reason than to ridicule Kerr's nonsense.

Even if the two were comparable, which they aren't, do you really think Lebron or Kyrie would have gotten the suspension like Jones? It was done knowing he would have been on the bench regardless.

And that's a really poor argument against the NBA being inconsistent!

what does this mean for the future of dick kicking in this series
It means the refs will overact to anything else happening.

And that's a really poor argument against the NBA being inconsistent!

That's a reality any NBA fan has to accept.

two reckless hits to the groin of an opponent. don't care that you're convinced draymond would never do such a thing, it looks bad for the league.

If you watch basketball, you'd see that leading with your knee for a layup is not considered reckless in any way. The first one is a red herring just for the sake of saying "HE'S DONE IT TWICE!"

someone remind me

was anyone currently posting partaking in the business of calling dellavedova a dirty player for equally reckless flailing around last may/june

Fjordson

The flagrant 2 upgrade is still somewhat important.

With the flagrant 2 now if Draymond gets one more flagrant or technical foul for the rest of the playoffs he'll be suspended a game.

Someone correct me here if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's the case. Gonna really have to control himself now.

J2 Cool

League trying to save face, look hardnosed by upgrading it to a flagrant 2 with a fine. Such an easy middleground for them.

To be honest, him being suspended would only be comparable to Amare in '07, which ruined that series.

The flagrant 2 upgrade is still somewhat important.

With the flagrant 2 now if Draymond gets one more flagrant or technical foul for the rest of the playoffs he'll be suspended a game.

Someone correct me here if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's the case. Gonna really have to control himself now.

it has to be a flagrant of any type, techs are another thing iirc

Bread

Banned
TIf you watch basketball, you'd see that leading with your knee for a layup is not considered reckless in any way. The first one is a red herring just for the sake of saying "HE'S DONE IT TWICE!"
i'm not talking about the knee, what are you going on about?

we were talking about the jones punch and the green kick. they were both reckless hits to the groin of an opponent, and it's hilarious that one gets a suspension and the other gets a flagrant 2 that won't force green to miss time.

CjGi8z-XIAAJYMg.jpg

I do think it's better this way. It's in the hands of the players as it should. Plus, DG got a break for the magnitude of the situation, which I can understand.

Back to Basketball. Hope the Cavs win today.

Dthomp

I just want to see Nick Collison early in the 1st with some extra weight in his boot "unintentionally" kick Draymond in response to this insane decision

NBA undermining their own refs to avoid that suspension. There was like a 5 minute delay of action to get that flagrant call "right" last night. Nope, it was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom