• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

It's impossible to play this well and aggressively on the offensive end and not have ONE FREE THROW

Don't underestimate the NBA

MIAMI -- LeBron James' foul-free streak is over.

The Miami Heat forward was called for a foul against Oklahoma City's Serge Ibaka with 7:57 left in the first quarter of the teams' NBA Finals rematch on Tuesday, marking the first time since Dec. 8 that James was whistled for a personal.

James went 254 minutes, 7 seconds of on-court time without being called for any personals

nubcake

Neo Member
Does the league seriously not know how incredibly incompetent and corrupt they look right now, or do they just not care? I mean this honestly might be the worst officiating I've seen since the Lakers vs Kings series in 02. You know it's bad when the national announcers are literally laughing about it in between calling out the league on their double standard on nut shots.

Does the league seriously not know how incredibly incompetent and corrupt they look right now, or do they just not care? I mean this honestly might be the worst officiating I've seen since the Lakers vs Kings series in 02. You know it's bad when the national announcers are literally laughing about it in between calling out the league on their double standard on nut shots.

People don't care. Look at your own example: Lakers/Kings was 14 years ago and the league has only gotten more popular/bigger/lucrative since then.

Man, after all the hype of San Antonio Vs. Golden State, Miami Vs. Cleveland, Golden State Vs. Cleveland; if we wind up with Thunder Vs. the Raps, I can't even be mad. That's just too funny.

Vividly remember that kings series. Stopped watching ball for nearly 2 seasons.

Casual fans hardly notice bad officiating or look at stat lines.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Casual fans hardly notice bad officiating or look at stat lines.

When the Cavs got their first foul in the second(!) quarter the crowd gave the refs a standing ovation. They noticed.

When the Cavs got their first foul in the second(!) quarter the crowd gave the refs a standing ovation. They noticed.

Those aren't really casual fans. Casual fans are the people watching at home with no dog in the fight. As long as those people tune-in the NBA can still bank on huge, billion dollar tv contracts. This perception/conspiracy theory about the NBA being "rigged" has had like zero negative effect on their business.

krae_man

Bismack better get a protective cup at halftime

Taking a page out of Road Dogg's book. I like it
83BEgoY.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom