• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

They're finding out what happens when their 2nd best player reverts into a complete scrub.
Iggy is fine.

It's just that you can't expect those half court threes to keep falling forever. Jimmer found that out when he was drafted. The entire Warriors organization is finding that out now.

Thunder getting sloppy but they seem to do good after breaks/time outs.

Ezeli working out good. I wonder if Blazers will put in an offer this summer. Could use someone who can set a good screen.

Tom Penny

Green in finals form. I remember last year wondering why people were saying he was so good. He's better than he's playing but the same disappearing.

dream

Why am I an idiot for hopping on the bandwagon and rooting for the Warriors this season if I don't care for a favorite team?
I think Officer's point is that we've seen a lot of rubes believe that Stephen Curry is the best player who's ever laced up a pair of Under Armors just because he had two really lucky seasons where he shot the three at a distance and rate higher than is statistically probable, ignoring the fact that he's not really very good at anything else. I think Officer is saying that the fans who jumped on the "Roaracle" bandwagon don't actually know basketball and just like watching highlight reels of flashy, Jimmer-style 3s.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I think Officer's point is that we've seen a lot of rubes believe that Stephen Curry is the best player who's ever laced up a pair of Under Armors just because he had two really lucky seasons where he shot the three at a distance and rate higher than is statistically probable, ignoring the fact that he's not really very good at anything else. I think Officer is saying that the fans who jumped on the "Roaracle" bandwagon don't actually know basketball and just like watching highlight reels of flashy, Jimmer-style 3s.

Fair enough, and even though I've seen those people here, I wouldn't call them idiots, but rather annoying.

All of this

dream

50/40/90 is the benchmark for a reason. And the 40% is from 23 feet out, not 40 feet from the rim. Stephen's decline is simple mathematics--he benefited from extremely lucky variance, like when you win 20 hands in a row at blackjack, and his poor shooting percentage now is just probability evening out.

dream (at steph curry's hall of fame induction): well he had like 11 really lucky seasons. not really a good player, probably about as good as jimmer. don't see why everyone thought he was good but whatevar

in other news, okc should've stepped on their throats but they didn't. now it will take another draymond nut kick to get okc fired up

Tom Penny

dream (at steph curry's hall of fame induction): well he had like 11 really lucky seasons. not really a good player, probably about as good as jimmer. don't see why everyone thought he was good but whatevar

in other news, okc should've stepped on their throats but they didn't. now it will take another draymond nut kick to get okc fired up
44% career from 3 is a fluke. That's only over 7 seasons. Do it for 20+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom