• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Steph/Klay/Barnes/Dray/Festus (110min):
ORtg: 109.8
Drtg: 106.7
Net: +3.1

Steph/Klay/Iggy/Dray/Festus (126min):
Ortg: 122.5
Drtg: 92.3
Net: +30.2

Why not start that lineup. Can't afford a loss tonight so fuck it. Try everything.

rambis

Banned
You really think they would have given a near-maximum contract to Tristan Thompson if LeBron didn't want him? You really think they would have gotten rid of Wiggins and brought in Love if LeBron didn't want him? You really think they would have canned the coach midseason if LeBron wasn't alright with it?

Yes, we exaggerate LeBron's influence by saying he actually is the GM, but if you think they're doing these moves without his consent, you're crazy.
The Cavs tried their absolute best to give TT a lower contract. Yes Lebron wanted him, but the biggest difference between this go around and his last stint is that instead of having internal pull to get stuff done he has to resort to the media to apply pressure to the organization. Lebron was basically campaigning to ESPN reporters to get Tristan signed at the mobey he wanted . A player with "GM" level pull doesn't even need to mention it. It'd be wise to understand that distinction. Because he may get consoluted on a player move doesn't mean he's the GM.

LeBron can put pressure on the Cavs but they aren't marching to his drum. Considering how things ended I don't know why people just assumed Gilbert is just bowing down this time anyway. Lebrons lack of power is why you see stunts like him unfollowing the team midseason or him getting caught plotting to ditch with Wade or posting how he still wants to play in NY. To anybody actually paying attention its been clear for a while that LeBron isn't quite getting his way all the time...

Bread

Banned
an athletic wing like Wiggins really wouldn't make a difference. I see a lot of "they traded for the wrong guy" but who could they have gotten realistically that would have put them over the top?

Gigglepoo

Hell if I know, I leave the pretending to know the inner workings of these teams to you all. But I do know how to recognise a fire when I see smoke coming from different places.

Well, at least you admit you don't know what you're talking about. That makes things much easier.

rambis

Banned
I guess. I love the reality of knowing what I don't know instead of running wild with stuff that I think is true for whatever reason.

Tom Penny

LeBron isn't a GM. He doesn't have much power over the cavs. Blaming him for personnel moves is nonsensical.

I like someone with a good sense of humor. He has more pull then the GM..even ask the GM..

Griffin fully concedes that James is the most powerful person in the organization aside from owner Dan Gilbert. "He's going to have the biggest voice, he's the most important, accomplished player in the league and he's an absolute basketball savant," Griffin says. "He has the most thorough understanding of X's and O's on the floor and best mind for the game off the floor of any human being I've ever known. Coach, front-office person, anything. It would be crazy for me not to consult with him on what we want to do."

nillah

Banned
Kyrie has done moves you wouldn't even imagine a man of his stature doing and some have connected it's just right now we need what works, full frontal uncle drew on attack as if he's facing the Spurs in overtime.

Anyway, looking forward to tonight's game. Good coaching is what will get the W

rambis

Banned
I like someone with a good sense of humor. He has more pull then the GM..even ask the GM..
Next pararagraph reads...

Griffin, though, takes exception to the idea that James runs the entire franchise the way a puppeteer would a marionette. "The idea of him dictating things is not how he is," Griffin says. "That [ESPN] article puts him in such a terrible light. It is not a factual representation of how he's carried himself. It's just not."

So yeah, LeBron has an important opinion, which no one denied but he's not Gilbert. Which is why Blatt was even hired in the first place.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The mistake ia not trading Wiggins, but trading for Love. They could have gotten a much better player for a highly valuable at that time Wiggins.
It was a completely stupid move.

Cleveland had the following:
LeBron
Kyrie
Wiggins
Bennett

Now, Bennett had a horrible rookie season, and has since been confirmed a bust, but sometimes it takes players a few years to develop. Kevin Love was, at the time, set to become an unrestricted free agent. The cavs had an extremely young and talented core and cap space - basically in the current wolves position, except LeBron would attract tons of free agents at bargain prices, as well.

I would have taken one year to evaluate how the youth and talent on the roster developed and gelled together. Instead, they traded away two top picks and cap space to get Love, and hurt their own long term potential for the sake of being contenders last year.

It was a stupid move, and the only reason the team is as good as it is is because of the bargains they got for filling out the rest of the roster. The cavaliers had 3 of the previous 4 #1 picks, and now they have the third oldest roster in the league.

Fjordson

Feeling twice as sick as I did before game 2. Wife is bringing home pizza, but I don't think I can eat. This is the season right here.

Gigglepoo

Feeling twice as sick as I did before game 2. Wife is bringing home pizza, but I don't think I can eat. This is the season right here.

If any team could win three in a row, it's the Warriors. But I'm feeling a little stressed, too, even though my team (Indiana) got eliminated weeks ago. My gut says they're going to win two, lost one, and then decide everything in Game 7. But who knows.

I was surprised to see the line is Warriors by 1.5. Vegas is just as clueless as us.

Tom Penny

Good luck. To be honest. Their defense is not at an acceptable level right now to win the title. That's the side of the ball that will determine everything. Can't get easy buckets and 3's without stops and turnovers to run in transition. Ramp it up or it's over.

kaiju

C'mon Warriors, you know what time it is

0zDKk4d.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom