• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric Flair

Banned
I don't care about this game at all, I feel so drained after getting so hyped last night and all the ups and downs of that warriors/thunder game.

TylerD

I'm sure the 40 FT attempts will help them overcome the Raptors.

First of all, anyone who watched the Cavs games know the refs are completely hosing the Raptors. Secondly, the Thunder have been getting calls for years so I don't see how they're similar to the Raptors. They got to the finals because a guy on their bench, James Harden, would get to the line constantly and then you add Durant and Westbrook and it was like they were guaranteed 30 FTs a game.

Harden + Westbrook = Very aggressive players that try to draw contact or draw a lot of contact naturally and get to the line.
Durant = Incredibly long player that also plays aggressive and is hard not to foul and draws a lot of contact.

It's no surprise that they got and continue to get a lot of calls. Harden averaged 6 FT attempts per game during the Finals season run with the Thunder. He's averaged 10.2 FT attempts in 2 different seasons with Houston over his time there.

Brinbe

Let's get it. Go Raps!

9OPYTGR.jpg

There's no reason Curry should be guarding Westbrook. That's suicide. Stick him on Waiters or Roberson so he's not worn out guarding a super freak.

He hasn't been able to guard Waiters or Roberson either. Waiters has been easily driving by him and Roberson is constantly moving and losing him. Most of Roberson's shots were easy layups because he lost his man.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i don't know anything about basketball, but isn't chasing after a relatively meaningless record like winning the most regular season games rather silly? maybe the warriors in general are just running out of steam, and would have been better off if they had taken it easy before the play-offs.

TSM

I kind of hope the finals ends up OKC vs Toronto just to spite the rigged officiating in the Cavs/Raps series and the bullshit no suspension flagrant 2 in the OKC/GSW series. Let the NBA eat the lowest rated finals in a decade for their obvious attempt to massage a Warriors Cavs finals again.

Fjordson

i don't know anything about basketball, but isn't chasing after a relatively meaningless record like winning the most regular season games rather silly? maybe the warriors in general are just running out of steam, and would have been better off if they had taken it easy before the play-offs.
Problem was that another team was right on their ass for most of the season as far as having the #1 seed. There were maybe 2-3 games where they could have actually rested without risk.

There's no reason Curry should be guarding Westbrook. That's suicide. Stick him on Waiters or Roberson so he's not worn out guarding a super freak.

How Kerr hasn't made the switch blows my mind, know your players strengths on defense, hell have Klay guard him since Klay guards Roberson?

Believe in Biyombo

ampere

I think the Steph injury is a factor, but boiling this series down to stuff like 'Steph's hurt', 'They're playing him physical' (as if OKC is the first team to ever try this - watch Chris Paul), or some form of 'Golden State is choking' is analysis that is both way too elementary and doesn't give nearly enough credit to OKC for the way they've been playing. After the game 1 blowout to SA, they've won 7 of 9 games against teams that had 2 of the best 10 regular seasons ever. 3 of those were on the road.

Hot take:

After that Spurs blowout loss KD told the locker room he's going back to his home planet if they don't win the title this year

Michael Lee ✔ ‎@MrMichaelLee
The 72-win Bulls beat a team from Seattle to claim an NBA title. A team from Seattle is one win away from eliminating the 73-win Warriors.

rambis

Banned
Pretty sure OKC are gonna sweep GSW 4-1.
You can have a back ended sweep but they split the first two games the wrong way. Would still be pretty embarrassing though.

I'm still in shock that Dwight Howard picked the Thunder to win the series with three logical reasons a couple of weeks back on the TNT postgame show.
As good as a help defender he's been in his career I always thought he knew a bit about the game. I mean he single handedly made that magic team of terrible defenders into a top 5 defensive team.

Gigglepoo

How Kerr hasn't made the switch blows my mind, know your players strengths on defense, hell have Klay guard him since Klay guards Roberson?

Kerr is getting worked in this series. It's crazy that Donovan might go through Carlisle, Pop, and Kerr in consecutive series. That's the two best coaches in the league and the reigning Coach of the Year! After last series, when OKC went huge against SA, everyone thought we'd see them punish GS with Adams and Kanter together. But now they've dropped Kanter and gone fast and small. Donovan isn't winning by following a formula; he's shifting his gameplan based on his opponent and making the other team look silly.

Pretty sure OKC are gonna sweep GSW 4-1.

The first five-game sweep since the '04 Finals!

Big game tonight. Would like to see Love playing aggressive like he did earlier in the Playoffs, and for Thompson to do opposite of whatever he's doing.

Let's do this Kave!

OK Raptors try and make it a heartbreaking loss and not a blowout. Not expecting them to win tonight but also didn't expect them to take the last two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom