• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanphare

Banned
042514-NBA-Warriors-owner-Joe-Lacob.vadapt.664.high.12.jpg

he really did invite the wrath of the basketball gods on his team

statuez

Banned
Remember that bballbreakdown video of Curry being an elite defender and the warrior/ bandwagon fans clamouring in that other thread about his skills on the defensive end?

Lmao Cmon brehs

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah, not that the Thunder aren't playing great defense, but Steph is passing up shots he normally takes. He just doesn't look right from a health standpoint.

That's usually a sign that a player's confidence is off. Not sure what type of injury would impact him in such a way. He seems to be running well.

Fjordson

Remember that bballbreakdown video of Curry being an elite defender and the warrior/ bandwagon fans clamouring in that other thread about his skills on the defensive end?

Lmao Cmon brehs
Can't even stop possibly the greatest athlete in history at the point guard position with a bad knee. What a bum.

Mrbob

This series absolutely, but it's never been the case before. Especially the last two games they played in the regular season. OKC's roster is equipped to limit him in some ways, but this much? To where he looks completely ineffective in every way? I dunno. If Steph Curry is suddenly a guy who can be contained by the likes of Enes Kanter when he's fully healthy then the Warriors are screwed.

Not that I'm certain MVP-level Steph would save them considering OKC is dominating so badly, but his absence certainly doesn't help.

Fully healthy would be beneficial but the way OKC is taking it to golden state it wouldn't matter. I think we are seeing peak Westbrook right now. Even with a fully healthy Steph he is looking like the third best player on the court with the first two being on OKC.

Lmao Cmon brehs

I dunno anyone that can contain Westbrook.. His poor play is often the result of bad decision making rather than anything else. And Curry is a good defender when healthy.

ViciousDS

Banned
I dunno anyone that can contain Westbrook.. His poor play is often the result of bad decision making rather than anything else. And Curry is a good defender when healthy.

Yes, Westbrook is definitely the most athletic freak in the NBA today. I don't know anyone that can truly stop him when he starts moving. His speed, first step and dribble moves are insane. But he does do some dumb shit that ruins plays.

anyone see this today as well?

Noah Reportedly Ready to Move on from Bulls
Wednesday, May 25
Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times reported that Noah "has been telling teammates the last few weeks that he was done with the organization once free agency begins, and 'has no trust in the front office getting this in the right direction.'"

Going to be a fun offseason

Mrbob

Noah is a shell of his former self and the Bulls weren't going to resign him anyway but I don't blame him for wanting to get out. Organization is a joke right now. No free agent going to want to deal with that garbage.

I'd take Noah on the Lakers if he's willing to sign a shorter term deal with an opt out or something and wants to raise his value. If he's looking for big money/years no thanks. He's breaking down.

spyder_ur

Warriors down 3-1 to a good team after winning 73 games and everyone wants to blow up the team.

I didn't even realize that Noah was a FA and I definitely didn't know he was that old. Big man market will be interesting this summer to see how it shakes out, especially with regards to the more traditional, non-shooting bigs.

Yes, Westbrook is definitely the most athletic freak in the NBA today. I don't know anyone that can truly stop him when he starts moving. His speed, first step and dribble moves are insane. But he does do some dumb shit that ruins plays.

anyone see this today as well?

Wall may be more explosive. I've never seen a guy get down the court with the ball as fast as that guy. Even then Russ is way more physical than JW. Some of the rebounds he's gotten this series are just brutal.

I thought Curry was healthy? He looked fine in that Blazers OT. Now I'm seeing people talk about a bum knee..

Is he really playing that many minutes while injured?

spyder_ur

Wall may be more explosive. I've never seen a guy get down the court with the ball as fast as that guy. Even then Russ is way more physical than JW. Some of the rebounds he's gotten this series are just brutal.

I love guards that rebound, and Westbrook is probably the best right now, at least in terms of excitement. Celtics have had a pair of good ones recently with Rondo and Smart.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I thought Curry was healthy? He looked fine in that Blazers OT. Now I'm seeing people talk about a bum knee..

Curry: I'm fine

Kerr: Steph's fine

/GSW goes down 3-1

Unknown source "close to Curry": Curry is injured in 19 different places and can barely get out of bed in the morning.

Warriors down 3-1 to a good team after winning 73 games and everyone wants to blow up the team.

I didn't even realize that Noah was a FA and I definitely didn't know he was that old. Big man market will be interesting this summer to see how it shakes out, especially with regards to the more traditional, non-shooting bigs.

I don't think Noah is healthy enough to get a huge payday. Lord help the stupid team who pays big for him.

Fjordson

Open 3's against Portland is a lot different than having to navigate an athletic OKC defense that's just switching everything.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
If Thunder vs Raptors happen, what's the likelihood the NBA schedules Cavs vs Warriors anyway in-between the Finals games?

I look forward to the articles telling us how much of an actual warrior Curry was during these playoffs for playing through an almost insurmountable injury.

PBY

Banned
Cosign the warriors winning in 7 being more likely than a raps win tonight

Its like yall started watching the nba this season, lebron not gonna lose this one

Fjordson

He may not quite be 100%, but he's moving around just fine. People forget that he has been stymied before in playoff series when teams have gotten physical with him.
Wat. Every single team tries to get "physical" with him every game he plays.

A bit flabbergasted by some of these takes. Warriors have been on national TV a lot these past few years, but it's like no one's seen what teams have tried to do on defense before last week.

gotta love the Warriors go to play, an illegal screen set by Bogut or Draymond.
Gotta counter the off the ball holding somehow.

@JohnMiddlekauff 6h6 hours ago

Doesn't take an NBA scout to see Steph's hurt. But I hate the post butt whoopin injury leak. It's a BAD look from whoever can't stay quiet

qcf x2

Wat. Every single team tries to get "physical" with him every game he plays.

A bit flabbergasted by some of these takes. Warriors have been on national TV a lot these past few years, but it's like no one's seen what teams have tried to do on defense before last week.

Gotta counter the off the ball holding somehow.

Why are you flabbergasted? He's referring to Dellavedova for like 1.5 games of last year's finals. Curry eventually thrashed him, but he's not going to be dealing with Dellavedova this year. Teams may have tried to get physical in the regular season, but he's not going to get the same calls deep in the playoffs. He has shown that physical play bothers him. He even spent much of a timeout complaining to each referee on the court (smh), it's like he's either not grasping that he won't get those calls or he is struggling to adjust to that current reality.

@JohnMiddlekauff 6h6 hours ago

Doesn't take an NBA scout to see Steph's hurt. But I hate the post butt whoopin injury leak. It's a BAD look from whoever can't stay quiet

I wonder what part of the body being hurt lets you run full court and brick an open layup.

phanphare

Banned
you mean the contact that was standard, prior to like......2005? There used to be pinching and shit as well.......shit used to be physical....not this blow in someones face and get a foul bullshit.

hey, draymond's out here trying to bring the lost art of physicality back to the NBA and all yall wanted him suspended for it

;p

Fjordson

you mean the contact that was standard, prior to like......2005? There used to be pinching and shit as well.......shit used to be physical....not this blow in someones face and get a foul bullshit.
*shrug* I ain't the one complaining about moving screens.

He has shown that physical play bothers him.
Huh? He just had a historic offensive season against physical play every single night. He averaged 28 ppg against physical play in the post-season last year. The idea that what OKC is doing is in any way novel or unknown to Curry is simply untrue.

SportsVU says he's 13-of-37 on open 3s, 3-of-11 on wide open 3s (guessing this is since his injury). Like I get it, acting like Curry has suddenly become that bad of a scorer is entertaining, but something tells me it's not the reality.

ViciousDS

Banned
*shrug* I ain't the one complaining about moving screens.

I didn't complain I just pointed it out....you complained about the hand checking and pulling off ball.

I'm still amazed at how healthy some players were in the 90's for how brutal it got, not to mention the minutes and games they played. Many players never rested/sat no matter what the record.

you were just pointing it out as well XD

nillah

Banned
Should be interesting if Lue deploys Mozgof on him (he won't)
011316_MozgovBear.jpg
but they're probably banking on the on court chemistry they've built up with Love and TT these past couple of games, guess that break really put a toll on us. All in all you gotta play defense...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom